What would be a good top end yonex racket for my playing style?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by kelvin1338, Jan 4, 2013.

1. kelvin1338

kelvin1338 Regular Member

Student
    I'm considering the Voltric 80, Arcsaber Z slash, Arcsaber 10, Nanospeed 9900, Nanoray 800, Voltric Z force, Nanoray 700FX/RP

I'm a 14 year old regular club player and I have been playing badminton for the past 8 years. I would probably say I am a mid - higher intermediate player as I have beaten some county players.

I would describe my playing style as all round, and I mean I play singles and doubles regularly, and I play both aggressively and defensively.

In July, I will be going to Hong Kong and there, I can afford these rackets for a considerably cheaper price than in UK, so I am not considering mid range and certainly not low range rackets.

Which of the rackets mentioned above would mostly suit my style? I am only considering Yonex top end rackets.

2. msitpro

msitpro Regular Member

IT consultant
    For all-round balanced play look at the 700FX or RP. All the others listed are a bit too extreme, apart from the ARCZS and the ARC10 but the ZS has a strange head shape that's difficult to adapt to and the 10 felt a bit dead to me probably because of the shuttle hold on the string bed vs more repulsive rackets like the Nanospeed, Nanoray and even the Voltric range.

3. vajrasattva

vajrasattva Regular Member

i could suggest the AT900 technique instead.. high repulsion and head-heaviness.. perfect for both attack and defense.. i had one for a couple of years.. i've had quite several recent racquets from the top end, i.e. z-slash... vt80.. z-force, the voltric series did not give the same dexterity as the 900t that i played for almost 2 years.

4. decoy

decoy Regular Member

. I second that. (I would actually recommend li Ning cause I'm kind of in love with the n55 right now but you said you weren't interested so ignore this :p)

5. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    I would say avoid the voltric series

6. faiyazk

faiyazk Regular Member

arc 10 or voltric 80

nothing to extreme in their rakcet specs, but excellent rackets by far

7. ZeroSOFInfinity

ZeroSOFInfinity Regular Member

Here's my personal comments on the rackets you suggested in your post TS:-

ArcZS - Excellent for smashing and drives, good for net drops. However I struggled at times as I keep hitting the frame often due to its smaller head design.

Arc10 - My prime racket, and I love it very much. Every shot I made are beautifully executed. Only one thing though this racket is more of the "balanced" type so it kinda lacks power in smashes.

NS9900 - Excellent for singles, not so for doubles. You can't actually "feel" the shuttle when hitting it, making your shots astray at times. Also lacks power in the smashing and drive department.

VTZF - A really good racket. One thing to describe it - pure raw power. If you like smashing a lot, go for this racket. Net play takes a bit of time to master with this racket as I feel the shots are quite "rough".

If you are not in a hurry though, maybe you can wait until VT80 PG or Arc11 comes out in the next two months.

#7 ZeroSOFInfinity, Jan 4, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
  8. kelvin1338

Student
    Not that i'm not interested, but because Li Ning is a chinese brand, the prices seem to be quite expensive in China.

When it's in UK, Li Ning and Yonex top end rackets here are both quite expensive at the same price range

But in Hong Kong the top end yonex rackets seem to cost a lot less, whereas Li Ning stays the same price, for example, I saw a genuine Z slash being sold for 85 pounds

9. kelvin1338

Student
    What does PG stand for? Peter Gade? What would be the difference?

10. ZeroSOFInfinity

Yup, Peter Gade. The VT80 PG is a specially designed racket to commemorate his retirement (he even beat Lin Dan with it). The racket should be out by next month.... specs wise should be about the same or better than the normal VT80....

11. DannyYan

DannyYan Regular Member

Human
    get a vt80 and nanospeed 9900 for ur agressive and defensive playing...if u thnk vt80 is not enuf..go for zforce. u need to tell whether u play double or single more often....

12. DannyYan

DannyYan Regular Member

Human
    if imma not mistaken its exactly the same...just that the colour different,thats what i heard,i m sorry if theres anything differs. =D

13. CarbonexFan

CarbonexFan Regular Member

What's your current racket, and can you describe what you like and dislike about that racket. All mentioned rackets are top range rackets, but choose the wrong one, and your old racket may be the racket you end up with.

14. vajrasattva

hahahaha.. so true... just like the mp99.. tried so many new racquets.. but still went back to it
    but i'm glad i've managed to find something recently just as nice

15. maxout

maxout Regular Member

Pity, you have "LIMITED" your scope and choices of racquets.

Guess you will not be interested in the BEST ALL-ROUND RACQUET Yonex has ever produced since it is now priced at mid-range and does not have the LATEST CURRENT TOP-END "SNOB" factor ... ;)

The current TOP Yonex is the VTZF-88 LIMITED EDITION (Yoneyama edition) ...

#15 maxout, Jan 5, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
  16. ZeroSOFInfinity

Which is? :p

17. maxout

maxout Regular Member

Hint: They are the ONLY Yonex racquets that comes with GOLD colour embossed Yonex lettering on the grip and Buttcaps !! :D and have been used by WORLD CHAMPIONS ...

"Almighty" VTZF cannot even claim such pedigree as it has not been used by a single world champion (since LCW cannot win it just yet !!) :p

18. ZeroSOFInfinity

The Armortec 700? :D

19. vajrasattva

wah.. you mean the CAB20?.... i tried it today.... a bit strange on the feel, although it packs quite a bit of a punch.. my dad handles it quite well but me, being too used to modern aerodynamic racquets find it a little unwieldy.

20. maxout

maxout Regular Member

Hahaha ... guess YOUR DAD knows a GOOD STUFF when he gets it ... try it a bit longer and you will LOVE it more than anything else, the "feel" that you found strange, is the SOLID FEEL - a BEAUTIFUL FULL-BODIED CONTACT SENSATION when the racquet and shuttlecock are in contact, only found in OVAL frames ... if you want to try the head-heavy version, go for CAB21 ... that one will give a REAL "HEAVY" PUNCH !!

#20 maxout, Jan 5, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2013