User Tag List

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Singapore/Hong Kong
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Question Need help with a choice of rackets

    I was thinking about getting a new racket, and the rackets I have my eyes on are the AS Z-Slash TH, the AT900P LC, and the AS 8DX. I was looking for a racket that has perfect balance of raw power yet has the ability to maintain a good degree of accuracy. I want a racket that has the power of the Z-force (which I own), but the control of a NS9900. What is a good head-heavy racket that incorporates elements from both sides?

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    464
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I use the ZSlash TH, which is excellent for smashing, but you would have lots of frame hits if you are not accurate enough.Used AT900LCW once before.... Heavier head than Zslash, but hated it - too powerful for my liking. Can't comment on the 8DX since never use it before.Maybe you can try the VT80? Or wait till Arc11 comes out.

  3. #3
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Singapore/Hong Kong
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroSOFInfinity View Post
    I use the ZSlash TH, which is excellent for smashing, but you would have lots of frame hits if you are not accurate enough.Used AT900LCW once before.... Heavier head than Zslash, but hated it - too powerful for my liking. Can't comment on the 8DX since never use it before.Maybe you can try the VT80? Or wait till Arc11 comes out.
    Well, I already have the VTZF and the VT70, so I'm not too keen on thr VT80. But in terms of power, how does the AT900P compare to the VTZF? And does the AT900P have the gentle feel for maneuvering around the net?

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    464
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by racketoholic View Post
    Well, I already have the VTZF and the VT70, so I'm not too keen on thr VT80. But in terms of power, how does the AT900P compare to the VTZF? And does the AT900P have the gentle feel for maneuvering around the net?
    Personal experience - ZF owns 900 in power. Net wise, ZF feels a bit rough but managable... 900 though is ridiculously difficult to perform a neat net drop - most of the attempts I made ended up with smashes at the net by the opponent.
    Last edited by ZeroSOFInfinity; 01-03-2013 at 10:10 AM.

  5. #5
    Regular Member gundamzaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Santa Clara County, California, USA
    Posts
    2,496
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by racketoholic View Post
    I was thinking about getting a new racket, and the rackets I have my eyes on are the AS Z-Slash TH, the AT900P LC, and the AS 8DX. I was looking for a racket that has perfect balance of raw power yet has the ability to maintain a good degree of accuracy. I want a racket that has the power of the Z-force (which I own), but the control of a NS9900. What is a good head-heavy racket that incorporates elements from both sides?
    i think that(power AND control) can only be achieved by proper coaching and training, since you're asking for the best of both worlds. if you look at the pros, then can do both because they have had proper training, and it's not so much the racket anymore. i think if you spend the money you were going to use to buy another high end racket on some coaching, you might get closer to what you desire, power and control?

  6. #6
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Singapore/Hong Kong
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gundamzaku View Post
    i think that(power AND control) can only be achieved by proper coaching and training, since you're asking for the best of both worlds. if you look at the pros, then can do both because they have had proper training, and it's not so much the racket anymore. i think if you spend the money you were going to use to buy another high end racket on some coaching, you might get closer to what you desire, power and control?
    I already have somewhat achieved a desirable level of power and control (I train twice a week) and am looking for a racket that can help amplify both power and control.

  7. #7
    Regular Member gundamzaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Santa Clara County, California, USA
    Posts
    2,496
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by racketoholic View Post
    I already have somewhat achieved a desirable level of power and control (I train twice a week) and am looking for a racket that can help amplify both power and control.
    then train train train, it all on you now buddy

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Santa Barbara, California
    Posts
    632
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Like a few comments out there saying it is on you. Find the racket that feels good in your hand. The rest is skill. I want to say most people (including me) but kind of a generalization, are or have looked for that specific racket, but through experience, learned that if it feels good in your hand when you swing or hit, then it is the racket for you, not really what someone else recommends. Someone's super smasher racket might not feel good for you and therefore isn't the racket for you as you probably can't generate the same kind of power as that super smasher because it doesn't feel right. What someone recommends can only get you some idea unless you know the exact flex/weight/shape and size of racket you want is. Happy hunting - go to a store, pick one up and swing it, see if you can borrow it for a few shots.

  9. #9
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ,USA
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yeah,i think so,agree that(power AND control) can only be achieved by proper coaching and training.thanks

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •