which racquets made in taiwan and which from jp

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by c4r80n, Oct 21, 2003.

1. c4r80n

c4r80n Regular Member

Student
    hey, i know that some of the MP series are made in Japan whiel the others are made in Taiwan. can anyone tell me which is made where just for curiosity :D

c4r80n

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    look at the serial number. if the serial starts above 5,000,000, then it is taiwan made, otherwise, it is japan made.

another way to find out is by the model. higher end models are Japan made (MP100-MP55 / etc), lower end ones are Taiwan (MP22-MP37 / Isometric VF / Titanium Pro / etc).

3. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    For goods sold in Canada, it is a legal requirement that the goods be marked with the country of manufacture so you should be able to tell Taiwan-made Yonex models by a small "Made in Taiwan" sticker (usually on the handle).

4. c4r80n

c4r80n Regular Member

Student
    o, thank u but i hav an mp33 and its made in japan...not developed but MADE...and so the higher serials are from taiwan? my friend told me all the racquets from yonex that are already stringed are usually from taiwan...is dat true or are there exceptions?

5. Sliced Drop

Sliced Drop Regular Member

Not true - a raquet could be strung at the factory or by a retailer. Possibly by a regional distributor, but I'm not sure... Different markets have different expectations - I've rarely seen an unstrung racquet in the UK, but unstrung is the norm in amny other markets.