User Tag List

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i believe the owner of this forum, kwun..
    wears glasses when playing baddy too.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

won't the contact lens drop out easier??? since we need to jump smash, need to run around the court...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have seen a lady lost her contacts on the court while playing. So I say there is a chance that the contact will fall out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use contacts and have never lost one. They are superior for me compared to glasses as each eye have different prescriptions. With glasses I tend to mishit more and my peripheral vision isn't as good as when using contact lenses.
    The only downside to contacts is that sometimes they are not 100% comfortable depending if my eyes are tired or a bit dry from work during the day.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh...thx anyway for the infor....never use contact lens...just scare will drop out and may cause alot of bad problem there...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I may sound like a salesperson.

Lindberg Spirit Titanium rimless with high-index thin lenses. So light and comfortable they are barely noticeable. Makes me feel invincible to high speed shuttles at the net.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wear contacts. Sometimes when you forget to blink my eyes become extremely red. Wearing the for 12+ hours is hard on your eyes too. Other than that, it is the best alternative to glasses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i just saw my friend's eye contact drop during a game this week...and i was just thinking of getting one.... now i'm not sure to get one or not...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coachgary View Post
    I use contacts and have never lost one. They are superior for me compared to glasses as each eye have different prescriptions. With glasses I tend to mishit more and my peripheral vision isn't as good as when using contact lenses.
    The only downside to contacts is that sometimes they are not 100% comfortable depending if my eyes are tired or a bit dry from work during the day.
    he..he.. same as above... i always use contact and never lost it (maybe because my eyes are small ).
    Sometimes not really comfortable, but it much better that using glasses. The glasses is easier to drop or moved or covered by sweat.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya...the main problem wearing glass is hard to clear the sweat...everytime have to take the glass down and sweap over the sweat and need to wear it back....zzzzzz.....

so did any professional player wearing contact lens playing ?? like LD , Lee CW and etc...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm...i didnt wear glass(off court i did)on court...no problem to me...only the light will effect me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default player with far-sighted

any advise for players who are short-signted turned to far-sighted?

is it advisable to wear biofocal glasses... or just short-sighted glasses but playing with manually adjustment of the glasses up and down??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Prescription glasses or contact lense during badminton

Hi all,

A. Do you wear prescription glasses or contact lense when placing badminton?

Glasses:
    1. Does you glasses fly off in a vigorous game?
    2. Are there disadvantage/limitation when wearing glass to play?
    3. Can you see Birdy coming straight down?
    4. What are the pros for glasses over contact lense?
    5. Do you have special glasses for badminton?
    6. What problem you encountered when using glasses and how you resolve?

Contact Lenses:

1. Do you suffer from dry eyes problem?
    2. Are there disadvantage/limitation when wearing contact lenses to play?
    3. Does your contact lenses fall out or you not sure they are still in your eyes?
    4. What are the pros for contact lenses over glasses?
    5. Can you see the birdy coming straight down?
    6. Do you have special contact lenses for badminton?
    7. What problem you have encountered when using contact lenses and how you resolve?
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This has been discussed before, but anyways...

Glasses:
    1. No, although they can slip forward a bit when lunging.
    2. You lose a bit of peripheral vision, but in practice, you don't notice as you're generally focusing on the shuttle anyway.
    3. Yes. Why wouldn't you?
    4. No delay of play while you hunt for a lost contact lense. In my case, it's just that I'm too squeamish to go sticking my finger anywhere near my eyeball.
    5. Special only in the sense that I paid a lot less for them (just in case they were to fly off and break). I used to work painting houses, meaning my glasses got covered in paint a lot. I used the same pair for that and badminton, and some clean ones when I wanted to look presentable.
    6. None really?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i never use my glasses to play sport, but i can give you some info on contacts:

i have been playing badminton with contacts for 2 years now and i have never lost one while playing badminton.

only 2 problems i can think of now:
    1: playin with feathers and a very small chip flew into my eye, you just stop the match and go to the toilets, just wash your hands and poke it out.

2: your eyes start to produce tears and it feels like the light is too bright, but just blink hard a few times and that problem is gone.

never wore glasses during badminton, but i think for your comfort contacts are better.
    i think you have more trouble seeing your opponent with glasses beacause you don't see well trough the edges. (like when you are about to smash and you see trough the corners of your eyes where your opponent is standing)

but be sure to consult an eye doctor before you use contacts, not all people have enough tear-water.

hope this is helpful

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glasses:
    Does you glasses fly off in a vigorous game? No. If you need, you can get a strap thing that holds them on your head anyway.
    Are there disadvantage/limitation when wearing glass to play? Not that I can think of. Maybe just that it can take time to get used to wearing them for badminton
    Can you see Birdy coming straight down? Yes
    What are the pros for glasses over contact lense? Not having to touch your eyes, much harder to lose them on court. As a plus, you also get eye protection.
    Do you have special glasses for badminton? Yes. Mine are sort of like prescription sunglasses so they're more durable and give better peripheral vision than normal, everyday glasses.
    What problem you encountered when using glasses and how you resolve? None really.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Skanbuzz View Post
    Hi all,

A. Do you wear prescription glasses or contact lense when placing badminton?

Glasses:
    1. Does you glasses fly off in a vigorous game?
    2. Are there disadvantage/limitation when wearing glass to play?
    3. Can you see Birdy coming straight down?
    4. What are the pros for glasses over contact lense?
    5. Do you have special glasses for badminton?
    6. What problem you encountered when using glasses and how you resolve?
    1. No, I can't recall it ever happened during badminton.
    2. Yes, I sweat a lot in my forehead, and the sweat sometimes drips onto my lenses and even if I wipe them in between points, still some watermarks left on them.
    3. Not sure what you mean by that... if you mean someone does a really high clear and the bird drop straight down on top of me then yes.
    4. If a shuttlecock hit you in the eyes really hard... I rather get hit while wearing glasses with plastic lenses than contact.
    5. No
    6. See 2. don't have a practical solution yet.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast