User Tag List

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: contacts???????

Werewolves... I've heard of them... they're my distant cousins... but I'm a weredog okay? *sheesh, Adel... stop it!*

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Everybody is different.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think someone has been testing string tensions by beating on her forehead a few too many times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My First Contacts

After wearing glasses for couple years, I finally got my first contacts(soft) today! I was sooooooo excited and happy that I do not have to wear stupid glasses anymore. But then I kind regretted for wearing contacts..... It's so scary to put them on and take them off... Well, I think taking them off is MUCH harder than putting them on... It took me total 10 mins to put both on at doctor.. But then when I was at home and wanted to take them off, it first took me half hour to try to take the right lense off, but failed! 2 hours later, I decided to try again... So I dropped some Lubricating & Rewetting drops into my eyes, and took me total 1 hours to take both lenses off my eyes..........

Man.......~ I am scared to put them on again.... Because taking them off is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HARD!!! But the fact is that contacts are really really cool! It feels like I got two new perfect eyes! I have to say that contacts are much much better than glasses in many many ways, but not the way you take them off...

Any of you guys wear contact lenses? Would you like to share your experiences about putting them on and taking them off??? Thank you so much!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well i've been wearing contact lenses to play badminton for a few years now (the fortnightly disposable ones). I can say that when i first got them it was difficult to put the contact lenses on and sometimes it is still difficult to put them on if i haven't used them for a while. It comes with practice. Before i used to take 10-15 minutes to put them on but now it is 10 seconds for each side.

Taking it off is even easier. You just use your index finger and your thumb and pinch it together like a claw and just gently pull it off your eyeball. Make sure you don't try to be too aggressive when you take it off because if you poke your eye too much it gets red and irritated. Just be gentle and make sure you aren't too gentle that you can't touch you eyeball to take the contacts off, otherwise you will never take it off.

The problem with me is that as an asian i have small eyes and contacts weren't made for small eyeballs. If you haven't noticed, english people have massive eyeballs and it is much easier for them to use contacts.

Goodluck with taking them off and tell me how you go with my tip

Nypockus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

glad to hear you got contacts...

i got my first pair of contacts about 3 months ago, also soft...

at first, i had trouble as well and took me about 10 minutes just to get them on....but after some practice, it only takes me about 30 seconds now...

i don't get why its harder to take them off for you though...i was able to take them off without a lot of trouble even when i just got them...the trouble was always putting them on...

anyways, don't worry, all you need is some practice and you'll be fine...you'll be able to put them on and take them off within 30 seconds in a week or so.......but make sure that you clean them properly every day or you're eyes will get infected....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's hard for me to take them off, its because that I can't stop from blinking my eyes.... Whenever I touch any part of my eye, I just blink..... hard to squeeze the lenses..... I am afraid that im gonna damage my eyes by squeeze the lenses.......

base in Spore, heart at wherever Lin Dan n Xuanze r =p
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i've been wearing contact lens for 7, 8 years.....
    it will be more convenient if u wanna play badminton or other sports.... because i think glasses is troublesome.... n if u sweat, it will slide off... hahaha then u will have to keep adjusting it

try not to wear for long hours when u just got them..... slowly increase the no. of hours each day until ur eyes get use to them....

put on n take off seems so hard when u just got them.. hahaha
    after wearing for so long........ now i can just put on n take off without mirror n in few seconds to get them done
    Last edited by HoNgHoNg; 05-09-2004 at 12:34 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Without mirror!!! WOW!!! I just bought a new big @ss mirror just for contacts! I have to agree that Asian have small eye. On my manual, it says that I only have to pull down the lower eyelid inorder to put lenses on or take them off. But since I don't have huge eyes like white people, I have to also pull up my upper eyelid to put contacts on. Which is very to pull both eyelids up and down....... >_<

What I do? I have badminton practice tomorrow..... I am afraid that I won't able to take them off after I put them on.......... I am sooooo worried now........ Because earlier today, I thought I couldn't take them off, so after the night I would be blind............... Y_Y

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feng_MP-100,

This is something you'll get used to... gently poking your eyeballs can be quite daunting the first time.

How I usually take them off is lightly press against the contacts and glide them until I can pinch them off my eyes.

As for putting them in, I would just place the contact on my index finger and gently tip an edge into the eye, then gradually let the rest of the contact fall in. It's easier with wet contacts due to natural liquid cohesion. Just make sure that your finger is not too wet or you'll have trouble getting it off your finger and onto the eye.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you will get used to it in time..you just have to "learn the skill" just like in badminton, constant practice! dont be scared...what cappy75 mentioned are good tips to follow! just relax and enjoy your badminton wearing your brand new contacts!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

weird, it's easier for me to get out then put IN...the first couple of times i tried putting them in i almost cried in frustation.. getting them out is the fun part, its like pinching the surface of ur eyeballs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You actually feel funny when you make contact with your eyeball?!?! I feel hella scared!!! I am very scared of touching my eyeballs....... >_<

Today, it took me half hour to put them on and took me half hour to take them off..... still scared of touching my eyeballs.........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you find that the diameter of the contact lenses you are wearing is too large, get a pair with a smaller base curve value. Taking contacts in and out shouldn't take more than 10-20seconds. You must be meticulous about keeping your hands clean while putting them in and removing them; and your fingers should not make contact with the eye itself. Whatever your nationality, you should separate the eye lids wide with the fingers of your other hand and then pinch the contact lens to take it out or use the tip of your middle finger to glide it on.

The only way to notice the benefit of using contacts (as opposed to glasses) is to try them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Feng_MP-100, this is my technique,

When you are putting on the right lense...

1) first get the contact on your right index finger (make sure it's not going to drop anyplace where you might lose it, ie/ make sure the drainage hole is plugged)

2) then use your left hand's index finger to lift-up your right top eye-lid

3) use your right middle finger to push down your right bottom eye-lid

4) gently place the lense on the eye and it will automatically fall into place.

The only time you may have problem popping in the lense is when your index finger holding the lense is very wet and creates more water tension (sticking to your finger) than your eye. Of course reverse for the left eye...

To take-off the lense...

Repeat #2 & #3. Gently place your index finger on the lense, THEN LOOK UP. Gently pinch the lense off (breaking the vaccum) while the lense is on the white portion of your eye. The whites of your eyes are lense sensitive than your cornea.

Remember to wash your hands well before touching. You don't know where other players has been putting their hands especially before shaking your hands at the end of the game. :P

Cheers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At first it takes hrs to get them on/off. One and a half yr later, it takes me max of 10 seconds to take em on/off

Take your time in the beginning... it'll all come to you soon

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast