User Tag List

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default night contacts

haha, im lucky enough to come across a pair of night contacts, and now when i wear them nightly, my eyes are "near-perfet" in the morning........but thats only because i have major nearsightedness, almost 550.........haii......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is night contacts? You can wear them 24/7???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Over 20 years ago, they were called "extended-wear", and yes, you can wear them to sleep, but you had to take them out once a week for cleaning.

Now with disposable contacts, same thing, wear them for a week and then throw them away. The manufacturer says that they cannot be cleaned.

But as always, consult your eye-care professional to see if you fit the criteria for wearing extended or disposable contacts. Wearing non-daily lenses could lead to eye infections (& worse case blindness) if you don't clean/change them regularly.

Cheers!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heh! You'll get over it. What freaked me out before when I was still getting used to wearing contact was when I actually got a contact lodge up the top of my eye. It's stuck there for several minutes before I calmed down and blinked the damn thing back into place

Quote Originally Posted by Feng_MP-100
    You actually feel funny when you make contact with your eyeball?!?! I feel hella scared!!! I am very scared of touching my eyeballs....... >_<

Today, it took me half hour to put them on and took me half hour to take them off..... still scared of touching my eyeballs.........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The best part is when you come home late at nite & you're tired. You take off the first one with no problems, but when you start taking off your second contact you can't feel anything!

You try a second time only to realize you are touching your cornea because you can "see clearly with the other eye"! (ie/ you're doing the same eye twice)

Cheers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey B-M-S,

Shouldn't you be jogging up the mountain, eating raw eggs, and punching sides of beef or something? Stopped training for the WA Open already?

-dave

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use reverse osmosis... I sit around twirling my racquet, eat energy bars & sports drinks, watch badminton videos, logon to BC/BF...

.. then I become "one with the shuttle" and not one drop of sweat wasted until it's time!

Hope you can make it as a day-trip to watch!

Cheers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Short Sighted

Hi, i am an intermediate player. I know that technique is a crucial part of badminton, and by analysing the opponent, you can improve ur game. The problem with me is that i am short sighted (can't see long distances) and i cant really see the opponent, so is there anyway i can overcome this?

Regards

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VinnieTran
    Hi, i am an intermediate player. I know that technique is a crucial part of badminton, and by analysing the opponent, you can improve ur game. The problem with me is that i am short sighted (can't see long distances) and i cant really see the opponent, so is there anyway i can overcome this?

Regards
    surely if you know your short sighted you should be wearing glasses / lenses already? just wear them for badminton..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coops241180
    surely if you know your short sighted you should be wearing glasses / lenses already? just wear them for badminton..
    Indeed.. the only way to get rid of short-sightedness is to wear glasses or contacts. I think another option is that laser eye surgery procedure, but its really expensive - my uncle got that done on his eyes and now he's no longer wearing glasses..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im short sighted so i wear contacts when i go out in daylight lol.
    I seriously suggest you get something if you dont already for some reason. You must have had it for a while if you cant see your opponent.
    You would get away with wearing glasses playing badminton, since theres not much chance theyll get damaged by a shuttle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, I too am short sighted.

sometimes when wearing my glasses they tend to fly off my face in really intense play (and no, not by themselves ) due to sweat. i can't afford contacts and would not wear them in a game even if i could. even tho the chance is slim that the shuttle could hit you in the eye, there is still a chance.

as mentioned before in a previous post, if you have to wear glasses make sure that the lenses are plastic. they are just plain safer than glass lenses.

if you are going to wear glasses i suggest the types of glasses that they use in raquetball, im pretty sure that you can get those in your perscription. they might not look appealing on the court but its a lot better than not being able to look at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default thanks :D

Thanks for your advice, yeah i cant afford contacts either, and i dont like wearing glasses due to the threat of them flying off my face, ahhaha. Hmm might have to see what i can do, lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont like wearing glasses due to the threat of them flying off my face
    so get one of the straps that attach to glasses and go round the back of your head to hold them in place

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or if you don't like those straps, then you can use a headband pulled low across the back of your head (like in the NBA) which sorts of pinches the back ends of the glasses ear holders.

-dave

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wear regular glasses, with spring hinges and I find I normally don't need any extra support for my glasses. When I do play more competitively, I have these little soft rubber wraps that fit onto the arms and it helps to keep my glasses well secured. The only problem is that it also makes taking off my glasses a bit slower, when I have to wipe sweat away.
    These were given to me by one of my doubles partners from Taiwan, but I have yet to see them in stores here in Vancouver.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regards
    You have only two choices. You either wear corrective glasses or contacts or you carry on as you are. I don't see any real problem.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast