User Tag List

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iso300
    It's not a dumb question.

I always wear my glasses without any support when playing and they don't fall off. There are quite a few players I know who have the same results. Your eyeglasses must be too loose! If you jump up and down do your glasses also move?
    yeap it always move, i went to aptician and askthem for the strap, i bought it like only 15 dollars.. now everthing is okey, no more falling glasses during the game... i didnt even think about getting the strap before, till one of the bc member suggest me to get one...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Corrective vision-Who wears glasses when playing?

Whos shortsighted here, I am. It doesnt seem to be a serious problem but it is definitely an irritating hindrance, especially when sweat drips onto your specs.
    However, on the other hand I had some eye protection, so far I have already 3 fast shots into my face, 2 in the eye which my specs deflected the shuttle and I did not suffer any eye injury or that bloodshot eye stuff that hurts. The 3rd one I got smashed at my teeth.
    So anyone shortsighted, do you guys wear your spectacles or sue contact lenses? Is it a problem being shortsighted?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You mean nearsighted right? Anyway, I am near sighted and wear contacts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep, I wear specs too due to short sightness. Great eye protection but awkward when lunging as sweat usually drips onto specs, once that happens I usually see 2 or 3 shuttles and is funny apparently watching me swing for multiple shuttles hmmmmm....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot
    You mean nearsighted right? Anyway, I am near sighted and wear contacts.
    aren't shortsighted and nearsighted the same?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm shortsighted and i always wear contacts when I play....glasses....they can fall off during a smash and when the sweat drips on it it leaves a stain....irritating...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Super irritating. Gets 'misty/foggy' and sweaty, slids off. You have to keep wiping the lens, and usually with your already sweaty shirt it usually worsens the condition.

Wear contacts now. Once in a while I forget to wear them though, and wear specs instead. These are the days when I really cannot play badminton. I have to judge the distance differently, first 30 mins or so will really suffer. By the end of a 2 hour session I am usually playing slightly better.

Nope. I don't like spectacles. Perhaps if I'm not used to contact lens then it'll be a different story...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to Webster's, 'lacking foresight' is the more common meaning for 'shortsighted' in US. 'Nearsighted' has no ambiguity.

I'm severly nearsighted, and have problem seeing the shuttle clearly in gyms with low contrast or poor lighting, even when I wear contact lens. Sometimes I react to the shuttle late because I can't see where it's going until it's closer; but I'm quite successful on seizing the net kills because there is no problem seeing close by objects.

Quote Originally Posted by yy_ling
    aren't shortsighted and nearsighted the same?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm nearsighted and wear glasses when playing. My glasses are the kind that has a really thin metal frame without hinges that's screwed directly into the plastic lenses. They are super light and pretty secure cause the temples hug my head. I got hit right between the eyes one time and my glasses took the hit no problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm nearsighted but don't wear glasses when playing, it just gets in the way. I've seemed to adapt fine but might get contacts soon just for that extra edge. I have no problems see the shuttle flying at me, the only problem i have is making sure the opponent is calling my shots fairly haha cuz anything past their service line is pretty much a blur.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found it a pain to wear glasses for any sport and in the end opted for laser surgery.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nearsighted here too, 550 last time i checked. I would like contacts but because of some light refraction problems with my eye I'm stuck with glasses with a special coating. I personally wear my glasses very high on my nose with the frame bent very tight to my ears so my glasses usually don't fall off. The problem that I do have is with my lenses fogging up and the horrible glare you get when a light a shinning directly above.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Short Sighted

Yeah i am also short sighted, but since i've started playing badminton, i've never worn contacts/glasses. I am kinda use to not seeing things, and even when i try playing with glasses on, i play really bad. So yeah, i dont wear anything basically, though at times i must admit, its annoying, espically when the wall is all painted white.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm short sighted, i usdually wear contacts but i have to wear glasses for 3 months because i've got some nasty blood vessel growth due to me wearing contacts way too much, and if i dont stop wearing em i'll go blind, so glasses it is for the time being till my eyes heal, but with glasses, i hate the reflections of the lights or whatever, or the fact that for somereason with glasses everythign seems smaller, so the shuttle appears a little further away than it usually is

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My glasses have an anti-glare coating so I don't get blinded by the lights.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yy_ling
    So anyone shortsighted, do you guys wear your spectacles or sue contact lenses? Is it a problem being shortsighted?
    Ask Jonas Rasmussen or Sigit Budiarto or Chan Chong Ming the same questions

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast