difference between original (old) cab 20 and the original cab 20 re-issue?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by red00ecstrat, Oct 22, 2003.

1. red00ecstrat

red00ecstrat Regular Member

(Full Time) Coolie. (Part Time) Photojournalist.
    as title but infact i want to know the difference in performance between those rackets.
    visually there is a um....... i don't know how to call that. joint? i don't know!!!anyway at the tip of the frame u can see a boundary on the surface of the graphite. most of the modern yonex rackets have that "joint" but i couldn't find it on my old cab 20. it is virtually a perfect one-piece frame.
    will that joint weaken the durability of the racket. what do u guys think?

2. other

other Regular Member

Student
    the original cab 20........well the one i have is pretty strong. it's taken 21lb.....for a 5-10 year old racquet. i got it second hand, it has many paint chips, but the frame is good, still generates power and control. the head is a bit deformed....but that's cos of the unskillfulness of the stringer.....my other racquet also got deformed:(

never seen the "new" CAB 20

3. red00ecstrat

red00ecstrat Regular Member

(Full Time) Coolie. (Part Time) Photojournalist.
    they look 100% the same except with the new yy logo and also the "joint" that i mentioned above on a re-issue.
    i don't know whether there is a difference in performance between them or not.
    i have an old cab 20 which i bought it in 93 or 94. it's still a cool racket so far. i am sure there must be someone who owned them both and i hope that they can tell me the difference.
    if those re-issue are just as good as the old one. i will buy a few of them as once!