User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hairfreak07 View Post
    Thanks to everyone for your generous and honest reply, it is much appreciated.I must examine the clash and see if they were the causes of the breakage. The first one had a mark where it snapped. But when it broke it was a week later during a mixed doubles games, I'm pretty sure it snapped from just hitting a shot. This one was strung to Victor's recommendation.It is hard to believe in breaking the first racket in 14 years, then the replacement after 2 months. I'm not a hard hitter, I play the space with accuracy and create opportunities for my partner to attack, not many mishits. My Nanospeed 9000S has 34 damages and it still plays fine. Solid racket. The MX70 looked hollow.. But then, my girlfriend has been using my MX60 for about 6 months, still in one piece. I'm tempted to try the BW12 but cannot afford to spend 360 in 4 months on rackets.Sometimes it comes down to your partner too, players with wrong technique and refuses to change. One player broke 3 other peoples rackets in a year, big mad swing instead of a hold and precise hit with forearm followed by the flick of a wrist. Then the other racket is always on the receiving end.
    I would yell at the partner over and over again during the one time I played with him then never play with him again...not worth breaking a high end racket! Partners come and go, but rackets cost money!!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have experiences with the SW35, BS10 and MX80. All strung at 32/30 lbs. All using more than 1 year. SW35 for 3 years and BS10 for 2 years.No problems. Had some clashes and still go strong. Only some paint chips. With one of my MX 80 I killed a friends YY TI 10.
    If you play Badminton serious you must accept broken rackets. This is part of the game.
    Every racket can break if you have bad luck. You can kill a racket with only one clash.
    I would try to get a replacement from Victor. They are really nice and gave me a replace for my broken BS10. I don't think that Victor has a bad durability. I have seen broken rackets of several brands, too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you say replaced, you mean the brand gave you a replacement or you just went ahead and purchased another racquet?

Quote Originally Posted by hairfreak07 View Post
    Hi players and coaches,

I hope someone can share their experience and opinions on the issue below.

I bought a Victor MX70 in September 2012, broke after 5 uses. Replaced by another in late October, broke last night pretty much at the same spot, about 1cm higher this time on the head, right in the center on the cross string side. Both rackets were strung with BG66 Maxima with 23lbs by an experienced stringer. There's 1 clash on one, 4 clashes on the other.

My friend brought one too in October, broke last month.

It is a cracking racket but it's sad to say even the string lasts longer..

I've been playing badminton for 14 years. I have been using the Yonex AT900 and Nano9000 for 4 years, until last summer when I decided to try Victor.

Is anyone experiencing the same issue with Victor's build quality?

HF07

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have see n so many racket clashes over the years and only had one that resulted in a break in the frame. That was my Yonex NS9900. On many occasions a clash does not result in breakage but this depends on the angle of the rackets when they collide.

Regardless of string tension, it is part of badminton that clashes will happen although many can be avoided if you are playing good doubles and your partner knows what they are doing too.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2