Liquid Chalk/Grip Powder

Discussion in 'Grip' started by Randomlegend, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Randomlegend

Randomlegend Regular Member

School
    I have very sweaty hands and I'm looking into getting some 'liquid chalk' or 'grip powder'.

Having had a look online, there are so many around at very varying prices and I'm not sure which to go for.

I'm wondering if anyone has any good (or bad) experiences to share to help me decide what to get.

I might push for having botox injections or a sympathectomy at some point in the future, since my hands are potentially a big problem for my exams and (hopefully) future career, but until then...!

2. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    i have also posted about my friend having a similar situation, but his is actually a condition, and not just sweaty hands. ultimately the conclusion was to have a towel by his side. however, whenever we play, he uses the original grip and haven't had any problems. he does, however, rub his hand on his shirt every few points, his shirt which acts like a towel i guess.

if it's something so severe like my friend where sweat actually drips down from the palm, not the arms, then without surgery your best bet is really to have a towel with you and get use running your hand on the towel during your exams. if your future requires precision from your hands like that of a surgeon, then surgery is a must.

3. Randomlegend

Randomlegend Regular Member

School
    Yeah the condition is hyperhidrosis. I'm not sure if there are any particular criteria you have to fulfill to be diagnosed with it, it's just sweating an abnormally large amount.

As I said, I'm open to more invasive options if it comes to it, but I might as well try everything else first. That's why I'm looking into this.

;)

4. dexter980

dexter980 Regular Member

I am using Karakal powder and quite satisfied with it. In saying this, i have not use other brand yet.

5. dexter980

dexter980 Regular Member

I am using Karakal powder and quite satisfied with it. In saying this, i have not use other brand yet.

6. Orangie

Orangie Regular Member

Powder doesn't work for me. Maybe... er... works only for the first 5 points on PU grip.

I've tried Karakal and apacs powder.

I don't recommand using powder on towel grips. It hardens the towel grip like a bread dough.

I'm using towel grip and wrist band. Once in a while runs my palm over my T, shorts or floor.

7. Gollum

Gollum Regular Member

Rather late I know, but...

Try Beal Pure Grip liquid chalk. Beal is one of the top names in climbing (they make wonderful ropes), and this stuff is better than the other brands I've used (albeit more expensive too).

Climbers get seriously sweaty hands, and no grip = fall off the cliff. ;)

At the climbing wall, this stuff is a good preparation to reduce sweat, but some "normal" chalk powder is still necessary (for me) during the climb. You could even try normal climber's chalk, in a chalk ball mesh pouch. Just try not to make too much mess. ;)