Is Voltric 5 similar to the Voltric 80?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by kelvin1338, Jan 8, 2013.

1. kelvin1338

kelvin1338 Regular Member

Student
    I know it's a bit of an odd question, but I would like to buy a Voltric 5.
    In half a year time, I will be going to Hong Kong to buy a top end yonex racket (I think the Voltric 80) as the prices there are very cheap.

I have been using a conventional head light racket for almost all of my badminton career of 7 years, but never a head heavy racket, so I am thinking of buying the Voltric 5 so I can feel what a head heavy racket feels like.

I know the Voltric 5 is a lot less powerful than the Voltric 80, and the Voltric 80 is head heavier, but my question is: is the feel similar between a Voltric 5 and 80? Even the slightest?

Also, I would know is the Voltric 80 THAT much head heavier than the Voltric 5? Some people said it is MILES heavier and I don't know if this is exaggerated!

2. darpanchoudhary

darpanchoudhary Regular Member

student
  3. ZeroSOFInfinity

ZeroSOFInfinity Regular Member

Well, one is made in Japan and is one of the best rackets ever made by Yonex. The other is Taiwan made, but a fave of many.

So I can say yes.... and no.

4. SyamzariVoltric

SyamzariVoltric Regular Member

Optometrist
    I have VT80 and VT5... both are totally differ.. VT80 a bit headheavy, and stiffer compare to VT5.. Of course VT5 made in Taiwan,, but it's similar to VT70, not VT80.. :)

5. kelvin1338

kelvin1338 Regular Member

Student
    Thanks SyamzariVoltric

Also, have you tried the Voltric 3 before? If so how does the VT3 compare with VT5?

6. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    if vt5 is light like vt70, then vt3 (at least the LTD version) is heavy like at250. i find myself moving considerably slower when i use my vt3ltd than my vt70. the feel of the racket is dull to say the least. i hit with both the vt3 and the vtzf side by side and the vt3 just felt it has a silencer where i can barely feel communicated from the racket. however i do enjoy the hammer feel when i play fun games but i wouldn't use it for tournaments because it's too heavy for me, but not as heavy as my n90 :)

7. jamaljenkins

jamaljenkins Regular Member

Student.
    What's the weight on your VTT70? 4U? I'm still wondering if I should get a 3U or 4U racket similar to VT70 since I'm not much of a wristy player... (well that can be improved)

8. ZeroSOFInfinity

ZeroSOFInfinity Regular Member

That depends on what type of racket you are getting also. Apparently, not all 3Us are the same - I had the VT80 Ltd which feels like 4U to me, while the Z-Force is just... a rock. :rolleyes:

9. jamaljenkins

jamaljenkins Regular Member

Student.
    Well I'm looking at a VT70 and since I've been using 3U Victor rackets for a while (BS09) I just want to see which one weights the closest or lighter than my BS09. I think it's just the feeling in the head since VTZF is the head heaviest one in the Voltric range hence why it feels heavier.

10. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    that's weird, i have the vtzf LTD and the vt70 and they are similar in swing weight....