Groin pain that seems to last forever

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by ChoMama, Jan 8, 2013.

1. ChoMama

ChoMama Regular Member

Few months ago, during conditioning, I pulled my groin. It was not the first time and in previous times, all I did was rest a few days and it would recover. But this time, it's been over 2 months since the injury and it feels really awkward. The injury is on my right groin crevice, where the joint is. It's NOT on the muscle next to it so kenesiotape doesn't work. I tried before. It's really difficult to treat this injury because it doesn't hurt while I do normal actvities everyday. It only hurts when I perform acts such as recovering low net shots and steep smashes down forehand line. I haven't tried any kind of treatment yet, I have always stretched before any exercise. I cannot do a lunge properly neither. I am 15 years old and 5'7" around 170CM.

2. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    There's not a lot you can do to speed up recovery. You'll just have to give it the time it takes to recover. I'm currently still recovering from a groin strain too, it's been 3 weeks. It feels 90% now and I could play, but there's no point risking further damage until it's 100% better. I'll give it another week.

Btw, some say that a good intake of protein will help muscles rebuild and that applying a little heat will help with blood circulation.

3. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    if it's been that long, you might want an xray just to make sure nothing is disconnected. regardless of which muscle is injured it seems more serious than just strained muscle. if you've been resting and not playing, then 2 months seems a long time for recovery for muscle soreness. if you've been playing on and off and maybe aggrevate it more then you're just prolonging the recovery stage. i say go see a doctor first to get a peace of mind. good luck :)

4. Vicki247

Vicki247 New Member

Bodyworker
    Don't give up, it can be resolved. The work I do effects the internal areas and releases fascsia, adhesions, and deep stuck matter. I am in Sacramento, with Release the Pain, but there are many alternative therapies that can help you. I have witnessed that time makes no difference in healing, it can be addressed immediately with excellent results.

5. visor

visor Regular Member

Yep... agree with Vicki... If it's taking this long to recover, you may have to seek therapy... whether physio, massage, etc.