User Tag List

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion1 View Post
    Yeah. That should be the case. Mass Retirement is not a joke man..!! Huh..What a disgrace to the sport. BWF should impose ban to these players as if they have done in Olympics . And also need to impinge heavy fine by which they can stop these kind of malpractices.
    Talk is easy. But not easy to prove that the retirement are all coordinated. Unless all the players are admitting that they are told to retire.

When Cai Yun took his shirt off last Nov or Dec, I think during HongKong open, we could see how many bandages he had.

I know my post will draw many counter argument but I have written many times before that there is no way to force players to play. Not by using fines or other punishment.

The only way is to make all players to be professional players. If they earn at least 80% of the prize money they win, they will be the one who decide whether to play or not and I believe the "premier" event will attract these players.

The problem is some national association can "force" players because their earnings are dependent on the association. Even if they are professional players, if they get banned by the association, they may not be able to play.

BWF should change the way players register for tournament. No need to go through the association.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sen View Post
    Talk is easy. But not easy to prove that the retirement are all coordinated. Unless all the players are admitting that they are told to retire.

When Cai Yun took his shirt off last Nov or Dec, I think during HongKong open, we could see how many bandages he had.

I know my post will draw many counter argument but I have written many times before that there is no way to force players to play. Not by using fines or other punishment.

The only way is to make all players to be professional players. If they earn at least 80% of the prize money they win, they will be the one who decide whether to play or not and I believe the "premier" event will attract these players.

The problem is some national association can "force" players because their earnings are dependent on the association. Even if they are professional players, if they get banned by the association, they may not be able to play.

BWF should change the way players register for tournament. No need to go through the association.

I thought only Li xuerui got injured before the tournament . I expected her retirement today. But never thought all other players as well sing the same song. If they are injured truly, i wish them a fast recovery. Because i love Fu/cai 's play very much. I could not tolerate when i saw them retiring without any injury . Really disappointing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You talk big but give a ridiculousness example related to number of bandages.
    Not all instances of guilt needs absolute prove.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This...............
    Last edited by Cheung; 01-09-2013 at 04:28 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's easier (and more logical) for china to spend $1000 sending each player to Korea, than it is spending $5000 to withdraw each player. I wouldn't look at it as. China's fault if the BWF impose rules on player participation. The last tournament was 3 weeks ago, when has any of these players had a proper chance to rest, recover and then train again?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This!
    Sen for BWF President!

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default 2013 Controversies at Korean Open - forced withdrawals

Split off some posts from Victor Open thread Day 1.

LYB mocks BWF?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    It's easier (and more logical) for china to spend $1000 sending each player to Korea, than it is spending $5000 to withdraw each player. I wouldn't look at it as. China's fault if the BWF impose rules on player participation. The last tournament was 3 weeks ago, when has any of these players had a proper chance to rest, recover and then train again?
    Have you taken up intensive badminton before?
    If you have then you would know that training is so much more taxing to the body than in competition where one plays a match per day which is a walk in the park for most players.

3 weeks off is like heaven but the players never stop training as their stamina will go down especially at their level.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by speedyJT View Post
    This!
    Sen for BWF President!

This will never happen in Asia, sports politics.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 weeks off is more than enough. Nearly a month. So, BWF need to do some quick steps to eradicate this wrong practice as soon as possible. Only way to do that is heavy fine and ban. BWF hearing this??

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rogerv2 View Post
    Have you taken up intensive badminton before?
    If you have then you would know that training is so much more taxing to the body than in competition where one plays a match per day which is a walk in the park for most players.

3 weeks off is like heaven but the players never stop training as their stamina will go down especially at their level.
    Nah, I've never actually played badminton before

I think you miss the point that it's financially better for the team to pay $1000 each to sen them to Korea as opposed to paying $5000 for them to train at home!

BWF need to take responsibility as well, they've introduced this controversial rule after all.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One obvious case is Msia's Tan Chun Seang, his ban by BAM just lifted or rather shortened from 2 years to 1.5 years. He can now play in tournaments in Asia

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you miss the point that it's financially better for the team to pay $1000 each to sen them to Korea as opposed to paying $5000 for them to train at home!

BWF need to take responsibility as well, they've introduced this controversial rule after all.
    Wah LD rules, you calculated the cost of flight tickets & hotel is it? China to Korea isnt far, so not very expensive and dont need long flight.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    Wah LD rules, you calculated the cost of flight tickets & hotel is it? China to Korea isnt far, so not very expensive and dont need long flight.
    Exactly it isn't that far, so $500 vs $5000 which one makes more sense?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly it isn't that far, so $500 vs $5000 which one makes more sense?
    Since you mention, I did a quick google, flight cost around USD250 to USD350(one way I think), depending which airline. Flight takes 1 hr 45 min. Hotel, lets say USD100 per day,assuming they stay 2 to 3 days. Total : USD1,050 not including food & other expenses. Registration for tournament entry forgot is how much
    Last edited by eaglehelang; 01-09-2013 at 06:07 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    Since you mention, I did a quick google, flight cost around USD250 to USD350(one way I think), depending which airline. Flight takes 1 hr 45 min. Hotel, lets say USD100 per day,assuming they stay 2 to 3 days. Total : USD1,050 not including food & other expenses. Registration for tournament entry forgot is how much
    I wouldn't be surprised if the China team get a discount on flights, seeing as the badminton & table tennis association is bankrolled by the government.

Think it's $250 for registration (although not 100%)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You talk big but give a ridiculousness example related to number of bandages.
    Not all instances of guilt needs absolute prove.

This will never happen in Asia, sports politics.
    I meant it is easy to give thousands of reasons of withdrawals. Of course guilty verdict need not absolute proofs. As for me giving example of bandages, I am just giving examples that it is easy to get away from the accusation.

As for sports politics, that is true there is politics and it is hard to change but I will not say it will never happen because willpower can overcome everything.

But many fan are not aware that it is not the players fault. They blamed the players when actually the players are rather powerless at the moment.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast