User Tag List

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rogerv2 View Post
    BWF should change the way players register for tournament. No need to go through the association.

This will never happen in Asia, sports politics.
    players need a union or association amongst themselves...........much like tennis, nba, nfl.........doing this potentially might raise the level of badminton (both monetary and respect)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    erm,so will u impress with those who stolen least money or corrupt least money?what wrong is wrong,doing less doesnt made it right
    Unfortunately players like LCW and SN also did once not long time ago....
    Last edited by Jonc108; 01-09-2013 at 07:58 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheung View Post
    Split off some posts from Victor Open thread Day 1.

LYB mocks BWF?
    what i think happening is Team China try to force the issue and put the ball back to BWF's court about that ridiculous and silly rule with the SSP.

how many other sports you know that if you're good you're forced to enter certain tournaments?
    even with injuries you are still needs to make appearance and for some to travel half way round the globe?

similar to the Olympics, between KOR, CHN and INA they forced bwf to change the other silly rule re group matches.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion1 View Post
    3 weeks off is more than enough. Nearly a month. So, BWF need to do some quick steps to eradicate this wrong practice as soon as possible. Only way to do that is heavy fine and ban. BWF hearing this??
    Your memory is a bit short my friend, Saina did the exact same thing at the last tournament!

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by liemsweeking View Post
    players need a union or association amongst themselves...........much like tennis, nba, nfl.........doing this potentially might raise the level of badminton (both monetary and respect)
    There already is but you don't really think players from CHina or Korea or other big nations would join it do you ... ?

Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    what i think happening is Team China try to force the issue and put the ball back to BWF's court about that ridiculous and silly rule with the SSP.

how many other sports you know that if you're good you're forced to enter certain tournaments?
    even with injuries you are still needs to make appearance and for some to travel half way round the globe?

similar to the Olympics, between KOR, CHN and INA they forced bwf to change the other silly rule re group matches.
    This "rule" is almost a carbon copy of the one in tennis, you think BWF could come up with that themselves ? It is there to sell the tv rights (and attract sponsors): if you can "guarantee" the presence of the top 10 players it makes the product more valuable ... The execution though is amateuristic in comparison. Who could come up with starting the season with a Premier Super Series??? In the Korean winter as well ...
    Last edited by demolidor; 01-09-2013 at 08:48 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We will never know the reasons of why CBA prefers to send players and lose the 1st round.

It could be to avoid the fines and someone said it is cheaper than paying the fines.

But there is also ranking points to be considered, not to the players who retire(the ranking points they get probably won't be calculated) but by doing that, they would not make it easy to earn ranking points for those whose rank is not high.(the players who have to go through qualifier round). This reason of course is rather weak.
    Last edited by sen; 01-09-2013 at 08:53 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    Nah, I've never actually played badminton before

I think you miss the point that it's financially better for the team to pay $1000 each to sen them to Korea as opposed to paying $5000 for them to train at home!

BWF need to take responsibility as well, they've introduced this controversial rule after all.
    I think you are the one who is missing the point.
    I am talking about sportsmanship and you are talking about money and justifying why bad sportsmanship is OK in this case.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you are the one who is missing the point.
    I am talking about sportsmanship and you are talking about money and justifying why bad sportsmanship is OK in this case.
    So pay $30,000 instead? That makes [/I]total[I] sense... In case you haven't noticed, the world is in a financial meltdown (still) and it makes total sense to do this instead of pay an unnecessary fine.

If its bad sportsmanship, then surely LCW is a bad sportsman too? Withdrawing last month, where is the difference? Saina as well...

What's the point in making players travel to tournaments when injured? I remember (it was either Yao Jie, Pi Hongyan or Tine Baun) reading an interview which it stated they had traveled to tournaments injured, just to sit and watch. That isn't fair at all.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonc108 View Post
    Unfortunately players like LCW and SN also did once not long time ago....
    wrong is wrong
    doesnt matter who or which country.
    on this thread,its about cba retired case.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    So pay $30,000 instead? That makes [/I]total[I] sense... In case you haven't noticed, the world is in a financial meltdown (still) and it makes total sense to do this instead of pay an unnecessary fine.

If its bad sportsmanship, then surely LCW is a bad sportsman too? Withdrawing last month, where is the difference? Saina as well...

What's the point in making players travel to tournaments when injured? I remember (it was either Yao Jie, Pi Hongyan or Tine Baun) reading an interview which it stated they had traveled to tournaments injured, just to sit and watch. That isn't fair at all.
    Why are you bringing up LCW & Saina? Are you implying I am bias towards China? When Saina did this, I screwed her for doing it. Maybe your memory is a bit weak. Go to Saina's thread and see.

There is proper channel to argue about rules. China's Badminton Association should have said we are not going to send players to PSS because we don't agree with the rules. Surely everyone would have rallied behind them.

Anyway no point to argue about this with people who don't appreciate sportsmanship.
    If your participate in a tournament, you should give your best else don't bother coming.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in the end of this video,u will saw the 'injured' cai/fu
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=418399984902652

with painful expression and limping out of court

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's ludicrous, BWF must be the only sports governing body that is scared of its members.
    It started long ago, the worst was at Olympics and now badminto will be the laughing stock again....come on ban them.....everyone knows who they are !!!! Show them your true color BWF

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lyb is doing his best to protect his best players from injuries. chinese player has too many obligations than other countries. look how wang xin and wang lin ended up. the scheduling of mandatory events came at the wrong time, and also after an olympic year where theres hardly any rest for olympic players. if they dont show up, they will get fined and possibly be suspended so the best way was to show and withdraw. it sucks for the fans but probably the people complaining dont really care but just want to rant about china just like how chinese winning is killing the sport, but now withdrawing is making the sport a joke. i think posters know who they are so lets not go into a flame war

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Before China turn this whole sport into a laughing stock, something drastic must be done. Like everyone pointed out they just don't give a damn. The withdrawals are all pre-planned and so obvious.

I say ban them for the whole year from all BWF competitions.
    Will BWF have the balls to do anything about this? The most likely answer is no.
    First of all I dont think BWF has b*lls to do that. And if you remember, China boycotted badminton until 1980's until Taiwan was recognized as Chinese Taipei by UN. But when they arrived they dominated the sport right away. So it wouldn't matter them if they are banned for a mere one year. But still, they should be banned coz it would be a disgrace to their nation and they wouldn't let that happen as this situation is not the same as 1980's.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha, this is as blatant as it gets.

LYB is openly laughing in BWF's face and daring them to do something about it. Most of us know what the answer is already.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The duty of the head of a national program should be looking after the best interest of its players. It's not their problem nor duty to cater to a flawed attendance requirement from the sanctioning body.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Borbor View Post
    The duty of the head of a national program should be looking after the best interest of its players. It's not their problem nor duty to cater to a flawed attendance requirement from the sanctioning body.
    Of course it is their problem and duty to follow the rules of the sanctioning body, if they want to participate in the tour organised by this sanctioning body!

But it is allowed to be injured, that is an acceptable reason for not
    participating.

If they really want to look after their players best why don't they let them stay home when they are not fit to play?
    Last edited by vixter; 01-09-2013 at 03:56 PM.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast