Buying Stringing machine

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by phili, Jan 10, 2013.

1. phili

phili Regular Member

I've been thinking about getting a stringen machine but not sure which one. Since I will get this machine for my club it shouldn't be a low-end one. My budget is around 500€.
    So far I really don't know which machine is good and which is not that's why I am asking you guys ;)

I was looking into Pro's Pro machines and the Signum Pro S3000 so far but well everybody advertises his machine as the best. Would be good to get an opinion on those machines from a badminton stringer's perspective. My intention is to buy a drop-weight machine which I might upgrade with a wise or something like that. I also want to know where I can buy it in Germany.

Thanks

2. phaaam

phaaam Regular Member

If it's for a club it's worth investing in so I would suggest the Electronic 3600: http://www.watdon.co.uk/wd-strings/acatalog/Electronis_Stringing_Machines.html.

It'd cost almost the same as getting a Wise 2086 + decent dropweight machine anyway.

I'm actually thinking of just getting a crank machine first then working towards a profit before getting a WISE 2086 attachment. This is a good tutorial for trying to compensate for the stretch on the string: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aYI5DXQxSA

It's not true constant pull, but it still provides a good pull.

3. phili

phili Regular Member

Thanks, but we kind of agreed to get a good dropweight machine and upgrade it when its necessary.

So I guess no one answering means that no one has experience with the Signum Pro S3000 (especially the clamps)? What I read so far sounded really good but all ratings were regarding tennis.