User Tag List

Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    19
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Do tennis elbow straps work?

    Hi Guys,

    My arm wasen't feeling 100%...but I thought it would be ok to go hit around with some beginners...boy was I wrong. My arm (especially elbow) hurt so much afterwards. An hour or two after I felt fine.

    Other than taking a week off...just wondering when I get back, if I were to pick up a strap like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/YONEX-MTS300...30593323184%26

    wondering if its useful...

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    KL, Malaysia
    Posts
    583
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gti303 View Post
    Hi Guys,

    My arm wasen't feeling 100%...but I thought it would be ok to go hit around with some beginners...boy was I wrong. My arm (especially elbow) hurt so much afterwards. An hour or two after I felt fine.

    Other than taking a week off...just wondering when I get back, if I were to pick up a strap like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/YONEX-MTS300...30593323184%26

    wondering if its useful...
    My personal experience. While it does alleviate some pain, it reduces your wrist power considerably depending on how tight you pull it. It is usually the backhand that really suffers.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,474
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It'll help but rest is the best medicine.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    KL, Malaysia
    Posts
    583
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CanucksDynasty View Post
    It'll help but rest is the best medicine.
    Rest just takes too long for most badminton players.
    I advice to take it easy on the smashes and hard backhands for 2 weeks.
    It certainly worked for me.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    99
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The elbow strap works... until shoulder pain develops.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    KL, Malaysia
    Posts
    583
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangie View Post
    The elbow strap works... until shoulder pain develops.
    Tell me about it. I had elbow pain which came down considerably with less smashes but then the shoulder pain pops up. Cant even do 1 pushup with the sharp pain in the shoulders.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    99
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ya, worse if were to try diamond pushups. Thought can work through the pain but I was wrong, it hurts more. Chinese sinseh didn't help me much too. I'm building up the shoulder muscles throught stretching exercises and adding more resistance. Looking good but still a bit more to go. So, its one point at a time.

    Worked through my tennis elbow by strenghtening my forearm. It work.... but ... shoulder pain did follow up. Think of it on the bright, only 1 part of my arm is hurting.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Vancouver Canada
    Posts
    138
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Rest till it's fully healed. It will take probably 6 months+. That's the only way if you value your health over badminton.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    KL, Malaysia
    Posts
    583
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wlachan View Post
    Rest till it's fully healed. It will take probably 6 months+. That's the only way if you value your health over badminton.
    I certainly cant do that. Even 1 week seems like an eternity.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi! I do have some pains at my inner elbow like a golfer's elbow. I am just wondering - Anyone has any experience on the elbow support 'bandit' or 'bandit xm'? Any info I can get will be appreciated! Thanks!!

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Citizen of the world
    Posts
    286
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rogerv2 View Post
    I certainly cant do that. Even 1 week seems like an eternity.
    i got you! haha

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    toronto
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stickyjacky View Post
    Hi! I do have some pains at my inner elbow like a golfer's elbow. I am just wondering - Anyone has any experience on the elbow support 'bandit' or 'bandit xm'? Any info I can get will be appreciated! Thanks!!
    Yeah, they work. Bandit is considered one of the better ones because of the design. I got one and it works pretty good. But its the not the real solution. Try to find out the real problem. Ie. too much badminton, incorrect swing technique, racket too stiff, string tension too high. etc.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •