Groeten uit Nederland

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by ein_roboter, Jan 11, 2013.

1. ein_roboter

ein_roboter Regular Member

Student
    ... or as we like to say: "Greetings from The Netherlands."

Hello everybody,

I'm ein_roboter, and although it's a German username, I'm from The Netherlands.
    When I was young, I didn't really like badminton. My father is (or rather used to be) quite a profound/skilled player and every weekend I had to join my mother to watch him play tournaments/competition matches. It was so boring, but who whould have thought that many years later I'm gracefully gliding (not as graceful as Susi Susanti or Lee Chong Wei though) on the badminton court and enjoying every part of it.

Unfortunately I'm not that good like my father when he was my age, but badminton is such an addictive sport. How awesome is it to live in an digital era, where we (especially here in The Netherlands where badminton isn't really popular/huge) can rely on the internet to watch all the great matches from the current tournaments! The media coverage for badminton is practically zero here, and even the Dutch Olympic Committee axed all of the allowances for the Dutch national team. So I'm thankful for places like this and the BWF-youtube channel that I can indulge in my badminton crave. I'm a longtime lurcher on this site and right now I've decided to tag along with you guys/gals.

Happy forumming!

2. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Willkommen :D

3. Henzy

Henzy Regular Member

Quality Coordinator
    Hallo daar :)

(Hello there)

4. ein_roboter

ein_roboter Regular Member

Student
    Hallo! Thanks for the replies, a very nice welcome (although I kinda forgot this thread ;) )