mx-80 maybe?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by MonkeyMadness, Jan 12, 2013.

1. MonkeyMadness

MonkeyMadness Regular Member

Hi,Iv been looking at rackets purely for smashing purposes. I currently play with BS-LYD and love the speed on defence and good power but i want a racket in my bag that i could use to hit a pair off court. Iv only just started using victor rackets and im please with the performace for the money. So the mx-80 would be the natural choice. Iv had ti10s (1st gens) in the past but i read on the boards that the mx-80 is crazy stiff!?!? Also the mx-jjs and k8000 thruster is due out soon-would they be worth the wait or should i just get an mx-80?I mainly doubles and hit fairly hard.Any advice would be welcomeCheers :)

2. amleto

amleto Regular Member

mx60 or mx70 or mx-jjs will give you a better or worse smash than the mx80. It depends on you...

3. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

SW35 you should consider as well, the MX80 is like a plank of wood in the wrong hands...

4. Benwilluk

Benwilluk Regular Member

Marketing
    Amleto is right - my smash is best with MX60 over the other 2. Will hopefully be getting MX JJS and Thruster K8000 this month to try.

5. MonkeyMadness

Yeah thd mx-80 playing like a plank of wood is a concern but i hear so much good about it. cheers ben, i think the mx-60 is abit too flexable but the mx-70 or mc-london might be ok?!?! What are the flexes like? I would like to try the jjs. Your do lucky ben! Csn u get me a job a victor haha :)

6. Benwilluk

Benwilluk Regular Member

Marketing
    Ha ha - yeah guess I am lucky! Are you going to the AE2013? I will be up there a few days - perhaps we could get a court so you could demo the entire MX range and pick the one you like most!

7. WoOZY

WoOZY Regular Member

I have both the MX80 and JJS... JJS is a total smashing beast!! MX80 is super stiff... I haven't played in a while over the past holiday... And it's a total wooden board to me!!

8. MonkeyMadness

Thanks for the offer ben but im on holiday during the all england-would have been great tho thanks!!! Central sports thought they might get some jjs around march, does that sound about right? Why does the uk always have the latest release dates!

9. smashmaniac

smashmaniac Regular Member

if you have a good technique and enough swing speed. MX80 can be very good for you. It has the speed and the power. due to the stiffness. the power is transferred directly from your arm to the racquet. bear in mind as you improve in badminton you will find that it is hard to keep on with flex racquet. because like me myself i want a fast stroke yet am able to smash when i have the opportunity. Thus as for me the flex racquet does not directly transfer the stroke and energy of mine to the shuttle. it is more or less the stiffer the racquet + good technique you can gain accuracy and speed. but its not for everyone. weigh yourself. test it. and choose one that best suit you. do not trust the marketing hype (say the racquet that is been using by the current player.their spec is different. only the paint indicate that its a/b/c model.) In the other word it is stiffer and heavier. to compensate the international level of demand + very good technique of themselves.