Results 18 to 34 of 35
07-22-2013, 09:26 AM #18
9 strings snapped is pretty amazing. World record I think 3 only for me.
btw, how long does your racket last after stringing more than 25/26 lbs (as in, how many stringing before it breaks)? Just curious to know. If it last more than 5 stringing sessions, then I will be surprised. With good smashing power of course.
I use the Indonesian Senayan hall technique for stringing.
07-23-2013, 05:28 AM #19
07-26-2013, 04:23 AM #20
Alvin of Outstanding badminton https://www.facebook.com/OutstandingBadmintonSingapore
Somehow I find his stringing different from the rest I've tried. It seems to give me a more "intimate" feel of the racket. Try it and see if you can feel the same.
07-26-2013, 04:25 AM #21
I felt I can more "manage" the shuttle to where I want it to be....
07-27-2013, 09:46 PM #22
08-05-2013, 02:50 AM #23
08-07-2013, 10:50 AM #24
The Sintec shop at Tampines charged me $23 for Yonex BG66UM @ 24lbs, collect 4 days later. I think its rather expensive?
08-07-2013, 11:25 AM #25
where is Alvin Tan shop?
08-07-2013, 07:04 PM #26
08-07-2013, 08:10 PM #27
Yup, that's quite expensive.
08-07-2013, 08:11 PM #28
08-08-2013, 12:24 AM #29
08-08-2013, 12:29 AM #30
He doesn't have a shop.. Home based located in West coast..
09-14-2013, 08:31 PM #31
try to approach mongoose, marlboro or shuennms or Mr.Soh ...
another one guy who lives at north-east area, but forget the nickname ...
all of them are BC members.
I have met almost all the stringers when I was living in Singapore (I left Singapore on Aug 2009)
11-18-2013, 05:08 AM #32
I heard that Mr Soh (formerly Classic Sports) doesn't provide stringing anymore...
Tried my first racket with Alvin from Outstanding Badminton, after recommendation from my kaki.
So far happy with it after 1 session.
Managed to find a convenient arrangement to hand over and collect back my racket with hardly any inconvenience
Nick789 liked this post
01-23-2014, 08:26 AM #33
Alright, so i've lost touched with badminton for the longest time ever imagined and after today, decided to come back to this thread. Because i finally tried Alvin, the one so many ppl recommended ( the one who does pickups and deliveries stringing service). Well, one sad thing i found out today that my recommended stringer (the fat guy from Jurong east SH) has went back to malaysia
This luckily brought me to this stringer, ALVIN. Well, he may seem pretty blunt at first, especially for a 28 lbs-er because the first thing he will ask you is 'are you sure? where did u string before? or How long had u been playing' and also 'do you know some coaches/national player can't take my 30lbs?' which is totally fine after u learn more about him and stringing.
One thing is that HE KNOWS A LOT OF PEOPLE AND THEIR STYLE OF STRINGING. Like seriously, tell him where u string your racket and he might be able to tell u the machine they use and what not. But why i emphasised that point is because he can safely proclaim that HE IS THE ONLY AUTHENTIC HARIBITO STRINGER IN SINGAPORE who learnt it from a master ( the master is the person who writes the stringing instructions for victor). And for those people claiming they know Haribito style all over the internet, they are only touching the tip of an iceberg!!! It's true that hairbito style is Stringing in string by string, but there is more to it and i cant really tell you guys, you just have to go to him and ask him yourself. Don't worry, he is friendly and will share a lot, i talked to him for hours! Coming back to his service, if you dont want to engage in a conversation learning about strings and what not, u can always call him to arrange a pickup for your racket.
So Why Should You Get Him?
1. Convenience - Pickups and deliveries, SERIOUSLY? what more can u ask?
2. Assurance - He is FULLY CERTIFIED, he has the CSA (chinese stringing association) ~ if i remember it correctly Cert which makes him an internationally certified stringer for international player!!! He was invited by adidas to do stringing service although he doesnt open a shop.
3. Quality service - remember me saying he asked if you are sure to pull high tension? his rationale is this, if the player is injured, or if the player doesnt like the feel, he will lose one customer, so why not do everything nicely for them so they will come back? Trust me, i watched him doing the stringing, he treats my racket just like his own baby. because he had bad experience of getting paint chips from other people stringing service that's y he learnt how to do his own stringing. So rest assure u will not get that from him.
4. His service is SUPER CHEAP, i mean do u ever get an International stringer stringing a nbgy 98 or bg 66 ultimax for just 19 bucks?!!
5. The end product- the tension is very balanced, if you dont know how to tell? no worries, he will teach you, and as some people might had already known, he has a device to check if the tension is right.
So with all these reasons, why are you not convinced to give him a try? trust me, you wont regret this, if SBA is really into having a good stringer, this is the right guy to find, too bad he is not the type who will approach them but wants them to approach him instead.
Come on now, since its so convenient and cheap, give it a try, if you dont like the result, i will take this post down, but i can assure you, this is one guy you will want to have as your permanent stringer, if it is the case, you can also agree with me here, HE NEEDS TO BE KNOWN!!!
AND WITH ALL THAT SAID>>> His number is 67785245 , you wont regret this
forumer liked this post
01-23-2014, 08:30 AM #34
by the way, Alvin's most recent home as of today is based in clementi, not west coast, maybe he had shifted since last time