User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vajrasattva View Post
    Z-slash is marketed as even balance, but it feels a little head heavy due to the longer length/shaft and stiff shaft. it feels like.. i dont know.. a stiff unwieldy stick..

this is definitely easier for you to get used to in terms of generating power if you can get the swing timing right.

VT80 and VTZF are different leagues.. the agility with these racquets feel different.. imagine fencing and you are trying to poke someone with a fencing sword tip. the VT80 and VTZF feels like there's a lump of lead at the tip of the fencing sword.

the Z-slash feels like trying to poke someone with an aircraft aluminium rod
    i completely disagree, I use the z slash, and the voltric 80 feels the same as my z slash while the vtzf is way too headlight, not heavy enough.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe a 4U vt80 can be a little similar to 3U z-slash. But 3U vt80 is very head-heavy. Z-force might be a little less head heavy in static, but due to a much stiffer shaft it's harder to swing than vt80

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Z-Force's static bp is easily higher than VT80 even ... Perhaps aznese has been messing around with too many overgrips or something

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's really hard to tell. i had them both and maybe z-force was feeling just a little bit less head-heavy in static. totally different picture on the swing though.
    Also, when i was buying vt80 after z-force, the shop owner told me that vt80 is head-heavier than z-force. I told him that's unlikely coz of the yonex chart and so on. But now i think he might not be too off here.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vt-80 has a BP of 310mm and Vt-ZF is 315mm.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kelvin1338 View Post
    For the people who own these rackets, which one would be more suitable for me? Voltric 80 or Voltric Z force?

I play singles and doubles often (about as much as each other), I am more of an attacking player and smash a lot but with I am very wristy and accurate in defence with my headlight racket when the enemy smashes at me.

Currently my cheap head light racket is lacking power in back to back clears.

Can't seem to find enough information out of the forums.
    if you've tried the vt3 and thought it's not too heavy, then you're only half way there, but that's good i have a vt3 and i also have the vtzf ltd. i use the vt3 usually just for fun and sometimes for training because it is indeed quite heavy for me, ok, yes, i said for me. but ever since i pickedup the vtzf and started playing, it felt wonderful...to me. at my usual tension, i have great control and decent power. i only say decent power because i'm not a power hitting by any means. but the communcation of this racket is superb to me.....

now you are transitioning from a head light racket to a head heavy racket, it will take some time to adjust to, but i don't think it's not doable. if you don't have a way to try out different rackets and you don't have a big budget to get a few rackets just so you can try them out, then stick with what you really want, and give it some time to work on adapting your game to the racket. not gonna lie to you tho, it's going to be hard than finding a racket to fit your game, but it's still doable this is the reason why almost everyone here is suggesting a "transition" racket, it being even balance, so it's easier to adapt to...reason being changes in your equipment will always throw you off no matter how small the difference is...just FYI.

best of luck in your selection and let us know what you end up with

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elisha View Post
    Vt-80 has a BP of 310mm and Vt-ZF is 315mm.
    I have 2 z force, 2 80's strung and gripped the same.(ac102ex overgrip) all 3U's

Vt 80's bp 298 & 300 both uk code
    Vt Z force both bp 314 one sp one uk.

Z force is massively head heavier.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the funny thing is that , I actually like the voltric 80 more than the z force, the z force simply feels too headlight and doesnt give me enough smashing power compared to the voltric 80 or z slash

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2