Voltric Z force or Voltric 80

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by kelvin1338, Jan 13, 2013.

1. kelvin1338

kelvin1338 Regular Member

Student
    For the people who own these rackets, which one would be more suitable for me? Voltric 80 or Voltric Z force?

I play singles and doubles often (about as much as each other), I am more of an attacking player and smash a lot but with I am very wristy and accurate in defence with my headlight racket when the enemy smashes at me.

Currently my cheap head light racket is lacking power in back to back clears.

Can't seem to find enough information out of the forums.

2. nooooooooooo

nooooooooooo Regular Member

probably Voltric 80 its not as headheavy as Z force, but since u use a headlight racket maybe an even balance racket would be more suitable ? how stiff is your current racket ?

3. amleto

amleto Regular Member

So you want to go from head light to most head heavy? Is your headlight racket also (very) stiff?

Why do you want head heavy and not mid balance? Have you tried any other rackets? Why do you think these two rackets will suit you and not e.g. voltric 70 / arc7 / arc10 etc ?

4. shahab_xs

shahab_xs Regular Member

hi,
    i used a yonex nanospeed 9900 which is a head light racket. i just got a z-force. my smash is much more powerful now and surprisingly this racket is much more aerodynamic than the voltric 80. almost as good for defence as the nanospeed. i am very happy with the z-force

5. Cycril

Cycril Regular Member

woah! jumping from a headlight racket to a super head heavy racket is like fish trying to stay on land. You sure you're not getting some balance racket first?

6. thekong

thekong Regular Member

I agree with shahab­_xs. I have both the Voltric 80 and Z Force, and while the Z Force is even more head heavy and powerful, it also has quicker response than the 80, at least for me.

7. speedyJT

speedyJT Regular Member

Software Engineer
    This.
    Try Arc10, Arc8, Voltric 70, maybe Z-Slash.

8. kelvin1338

Student
    Well I thought a voltric 80 and Z force would be too head heavy for me too at first

Then, I had a try at the Voltric 3 for 2-3 sessions and it didn't feel heavy at all, so I think maybe I can handle it.

9. Cycril

Cycril Regular Member

LOL~VT2 and 3 are way far from Z-force and 80, you should try something like N90 or VT70 first in my opinion.

10. amleto

amleto Regular Member

n90 is just as stiff + 'difficult' as vt80/z-force. n90ii is a little less stiff but still on same level as vt80.

11. amleto

amleto Regular Member

common misconception... ns9900 is mid balance with very aero dynamic frame.

12. kelvin1338

Student
    I considered Z slash, having used an arcsaber 9FL 4UG4 I can't feel the weight of it at all (my badminton coaches racket)

Has anyone ever used a 9FL and compared the weight to the Z slash? :/

13. kelvin1338

Student
    Voltric 2 doesn't exist...and N90 and VT70 are too expensive for a testing racket >_<

14. Cycril

Cycril Regular Member

It's a 4U and arc 9FL is more probally a balanced racket, whole lot different from a head heavy racket. BTW, I have no idea about the Z-slash.

15. vajrasattva

vajrasattva Regular Member

Z-slash is marketed as even balance, but it feels a little head heavy due to the longer length/shaft and stiff shaft. it feels like.. i dont know.. a stiff unwieldy stick..

this is definitely easier for you to get used to in terms of generating power if you can get the swing timing right.

VT80 and VTZF are different leagues.. the agility with these racquets feel different.. imagine fencing and you are trying to poke someone with a fencing sword tip. the VT80 and VTZF feels like there's a lump of lead at the tip of the fencing sword.

the Z-slash feels like trying to poke someone with an aircraft aluminium rod

#15 vajrasattva, Jan 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  16. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

17. zamrioo2

zamrioo2 Regular Member

technician
    i just owned VT70 4UG4 last week... strung with BG66ultimax at 27lbs... my previous racket is Apacs Lethal 85 3U which is medium flex and even balance, BP 285 strung with same spec of string... for the 1st day of VT70, i can't found the timing of smash, but for net, drop, forehand wrist clear (only use wrist to clear), backhand clear is amazing... the respond is better than the Apacs... only the 2nd day i manage to get the timing of smash and drive.. i can feel the speed of shuttle was increased, and actually i can see very clear the shuttle go faster...

Here i'm not to say that VT80 or VTZF is not suit for u... but if i were u, i'll try VT70 3U first... or maybe u could try another VT80/VTZF from your friends...

18. aznese

aznese Regular Member

None
    i completely disagree, I use the z slash, and the voltric 80 feels the same as my z slash while the vtzf is way too headlight, not heavy enough.

19. swunk

swunk Regular Member

maybe a 4U vt80 can be a little similar to 3U z-slash. But 3U vt80 is very head-heavy. Z-force might be a little less head heavy in static, but due to a much stiffer shaft it's harder to swing than vt80

20. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

A Z-Force's static bp is easily higher than VT80 even ... Perhaps aznese has been messing around with too many overgrips or something :p