User Tag List

Page 11 of 59 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 187 of 987
  1. #171
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    FRANCE
    Posts
    40
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hello !

  2. #172
    Regular Member Mark A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    St Helens, UK
    Posts
    4,708
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I've just got a FB in for stringing (probably one of the first in UK code - bought at the All England). Very, very good-looking thing, and the hoop is stronger than the weight would suggest.

  3. #173
    Regular Member Mark A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    St Helens, UK
    Posts
    4,708
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    After watching BoMo go down to LiuQiu today, I wonder how much of a role did having Mo use this racket play in their loss. He seemed to have good power and angles, but not much better in defence or drives. Even his smashes seemed slightly tepid.
    Tbh, I think the Chinese were too fast for them.

    I have serious doubts that it was, in fact, a FB anyway - could have been a sprayed-up VT-ZF. The string pattern is the same, and aside from actually holding the thing and looking at it, the Trivoltage bulges can't really be seen.

    I'd be happy to be corrected, though.

  4. #174
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Heaven
    Posts
    720
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    I've just got a FB in for stringing (probably one of the first in UK code - bought at the All England). Very, very good-looking thing, and the hoop is stronger than the weight would suggest.
    Hope you'll post your review soon!

  5. #175
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    110
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    Tbh, I think the Chinese were too fast for them.

    I have serious doubts that it was, in fact, a FB anyway - could have been a sprayed-up VT-ZF. The string pattern is the same, and aside from actually holding the thing and looking at it, the Trivoltage bulges can't really be seen.

    I'd be happy to be corrected, though.
    Don't they get stringers there to restring? So the stringer will know when they hold it is 73g?
    Unless some pro's like to restring their own rackets...

  6. #176
    Regular Member j4ckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,857
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Justheretoplay View Post
    Don't they get stringers there to restring? So the stringer will know when they hold it is 73g?
    Unless some pro's like to restring their own rackets...
    It's not like the stringers would tell anyone...

  7. #177
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    110
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    It's not like the stringers would tell anyone...
    That's true... but wouldn't it be nice if they did?

  8. #178
    Regular Member demolidor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    @Hollanti
    Posts
    11,835
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    At best he might have that 5U version already but it is not likely at all that they are repainted anything. For those who didn't know he also runs his own badminton store (he is a stringer as well and normally does his own rackets when not at a tournament as told in the commentary during the Denmark Open)
    For all the hate they get it's quite funny to see they now have a Chinese shirt sponsor (normally the name of his store was on Mogensen's shirt)

  9. #179
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Faraway Land
    Posts
    681
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    watched Hendra & AhSan's AE semi finals lost yesterday, seems like AhSan couldn't play his usual shots properly with the FB probably and caused a lot of uncharacteristic mistakes. obviously lacked ooomph and precision when under pressure...

    if world class players need much adjustment to play their game, id say us mere social mortals who were used to the YY top ends will find it hard to adjust as well....

  10. #180
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    36,148
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raksasa.gorgon View Post
    watched Hendra & AhSan's AE semi finals lost yesterday, seems like AhSan couldn't play his usual shots properly with the FB probably and caused a lot of uncharacteristic mistakes. obviously lacked ooomph and precision when under pressure...

    if world class players need much adjustment to play their game, id say us mere social mortals who were used to the YY top ends will find it hard to adjust as well....
    from what i can observe, many players will stay with their "comfort" racket if they had the choice to.

    it is Yonex's marketing department doing to see all these player using these new rackets at these crucial stages.

  11. #181
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    969
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think you guys are giving too much credit to the racket's impact on the players' play.

    These guys have had weeks, if not months to accomodate to these new rackets, and they probably have the choice to choose from the recent rackets (I don't think they'd force VT users to switch to ArcS...). I'm also not sure Yonex is so evil that they'd prevent these players from using the rackets they like.

    I'm sure the racket can have some impact, but to say that these players lost or could not play because they changed racket might be a little exaggerated..

  12. #182
    Regular Member Mark A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    St Helens, UK
    Posts
    4,708
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Justheretoplay View Post
    Don't they get stringers there to restring? So the stringer will know when they hold it is 73g?
    Unless some pro's like to restring their own rackets...
    Remember, the stringers work for Yonex...

  13. #183
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Heaven
    Posts
    720
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Is the video online? Preferably in HD?

  14. #184
    Regular Member j4ckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,857
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yan.v View Post
    I think you guys are giving too much credit to the racket's impact on the players' play.

    These guys have had weeks, if not months to accomodate to these new rackets, and they probably have the choice to choose from the recent rackets (I don't think they'd force VT users to switch to ArcS...). I'm also not sure Yonex is so evil that they'd prevent these players from using the rackets they like.

    I'm sure the racket can have some impact, but to say that these players lost or could not play because they changed racket might be a little exaggerated..
    I agree - Tan, for example, was using the Ti-10 right until he switched to the VT ZF, even though it wasn't available anymore in most parts of the world. The marketing department won't force a player to change, but will probably give the high-profile players an incentive to do so by offering some kind of bonus for using freshly released models.
    Personally, I don't think Ahsan was put off by the racket - he was obviously very nervous, and started making bad choices and -as Clark observed- often didn't move his feet well enough to play the shot he wanted to.
    In a pressure situation, a new racket can throw you off. If you're not intimately familiar with it, have used it for hours on end, it can really put you off when the pressure rises and you might play some shots like you would with your previous, more familiar racket. However, in my eyes that's not why they lost the match as quite a few of Ahsan's errors were just the wrong choice of shot anyway.

  15. #185
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    shingaporu
    Posts
    503
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yan.v View Post
    I think you guys are giving too much credit to the racket's impact on the players' play.

    These guys have had weeks, if not months to accomodate to these new rackets, and they probably have the choice to choose from the recent rackets (I don't think they'd force VT users to switch to ArcS...). I'm also not sure Yonex is so evil that they'd prevent these players from using the rackets they like.

    I'm sure the racket can have some impact, but to say that these players lost or could not play because they changed racket might be a little exaggerated..
    thats true..

    using the same analogy maybe LCW should have used an AT700 or a li-ning N90 because what he was wielding caused his losses against lin dan etc.. -_-...

  16. #186
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    969
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    A little follow up on this racket.

    I've had the occasion to play this racket a lot this week, and I can confirm my initial feelings, which are that I LOVE this racket.

    Singles, doubles, plastic, feather, this racket is way better than I expected. It was so easy to get used to and I feel comfortable doing every shot with it.

    I've lend this racket to a couple friends of mine, and most of them said (as a joke) that they'd buy me 3 of them; they really liked it (most of them are MX80 users, but got people with all kinds of rackets making the same comment).

    I did get the usual "wtf, too light" comment from some people, but most of them retracted after they tried it.

    I don't think it's a racket for everyone, but it does seem like it is a racket that can suit many people.

  17. #187
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    M'sia KL
    Posts
    407
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I second the above statement pretty much the same experience
    Gives shuttle smacking a whole new experience haha.
    Problem is shifting between rackets that has huge weight difference.
    Now im mostly on ArcFB 82g and MX80 91g. N80 is currently "retired" in bag

Page 11 of 59 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •