User Tag List

Page 11 of 59 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello !

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've just got a FB in for stringing (probably one of the first in UK code - bought at the All England). Very, very good-looking thing, and the hoop is stronger than the weight would suggest.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    After watching BoMo go down to LiuQiu today, I wonder how much of a role did having Mo use this racket play in their loss. He seemed to have good power and angles, but not much better in defence or drives. Even his smashes seemed slightly tepid.
    Tbh, I think the Chinese were too fast for them.

I have serious doubts that it was, in fact, a FB anyway - could have been a sprayed-up VT-ZF. The string pattern is the same, and aside from actually holding the thing and looking at it, the Trivoltage bulges can't really be seen.

I'd be happy to be corrected, though.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    I've just got a FB in for stringing (probably one of the first in UK code - bought at the All England). Very, very good-looking thing, and the hoop is stronger than the weight would suggest.
    Hope you'll post your review soon!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    Tbh, I think the Chinese were too fast for them.

I have serious doubts that it was, in fact, a FB anyway - could have been a sprayed-up VT-ZF. The string pattern is the same, and aside from actually holding the thing and looking at it, the Trivoltage bulges can't really be seen.

I'd be happy to be corrected, though.
    Don't they get stringers there to restring? So the stringer will know when they hold it is 73g?
    Unless some pro's like to restring their own rackets...

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justheretoplay View Post
    Don't they get stringers there to restring? So the stringer will know when they hold it is 73g?
    It's not like the stringers would tell anyone...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    It's not like the stringers would tell anyone...
    That's true... but wouldn't it be nice if they did?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At best he might have that 5U version already but it is not likely at all that they are repainted anything. For those who didn't know he also runs his own badminton store (he is a stringer as well and normally does his own rackets when not at a tournament as told in the commentary during the Denmark Open)
    For all the hate they get it's quite funny to see they now have a Chinese shirt sponsor (normally the name of his store was on Mogensen's shirt)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

watched Hendra & AhSan's AE semi finals lost yesterday, seems like AhSan couldn't play his usual shots properly with the FB probably and caused a lot of uncharacteristic mistakes. obviously lacked ooomph and precision when under pressure...

if world class players need much adjustment to play their game, id say us mere social mortals who were used to the YY top ends will find it hard to adjust as well....

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by raksasa.gorgon View Post
    watched Hendra & AhSan's AE semi finals lost yesterday, seems like AhSan couldn't play his usual shots properly with the FB probably and caused a lot of uncharacteristic mistakes. obviously lacked ooomph and precision when under pressure...

if world class players need much adjustment to play their game, id say us mere social mortals who were used to the YY top ends will find it hard to adjust as well....
    from what i can observe, many players will stay with their "comfort" racket if they had the choice to.

it is Yonex's marketing department doing to see all these player using these new rackets at these crucial stages.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you guys are giving too much credit to the racket's impact on the players' play.

These guys have had weeks, if not months to accomodate to these new rackets, and they probably have the choice to choose from the recent rackets (I don't think they'd force VT users to switch to ArcS...). I'm also not sure Yonex is so evil that they'd prevent these players from using the rackets they like.

I'm sure the racket can have some impact, but to say that these players lost or could not play because they changed racket might be a little exaggerated..

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justheretoplay View Post
    Remember, the stringers work for Yonex...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is the video online? Preferably in HD?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yan.v View Post
    I think you guys are giving too much credit to the racket's impact on the players' play.

These guys have had weeks, if not months to accomodate to these new rackets, and they probably have the choice to choose from the recent rackets (I don't think they'd force VT users to switch to ArcS...). I'm also not sure Yonex is so evil that they'd prevent these players from using the rackets they like.

I'm sure the racket can have some impact, but to say that these players lost or could not play because they changed racket might be a little exaggerated..
    I agree - Tan, for example, was using the Ti-10 right until he switched to the VT ZF, even though it wasn't available anymore in most parts of the world. The marketing department won't force a player to change, but will probably give the high-profile players an incentive to do so by offering some kind of bonus for using freshly released models.
    Personally, I don't think Ahsan was put off by the racket - he was obviously very nervous, and started making bad choices and -as Clark observed- often didn't move his feet well enough to play the shot he wanted to.
    In a pressure situation, a new racket can throw you off. If you're not intimately familiar with it, have used it for hours on end, it can really put you off when the pressure rises and you might play some shots like you would with your previous, more familiar racket. However, in my eyes that's not why they lost the match as quite a few of Ahsan's errors were just the wrong choice of shot anyway.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yan.v View Post

thats true..

using the same analogy maybe LCW should have used an AT700 or a li-ning N90 because what he was wielding caused his losses against lin dan etc.. -_-...

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A little follow up on this racket.

I've had the occasion to play this racket a lot this week, and I can confirm my initial feelings, which are that I LOVE this racket.

Singles, doubles, plastic, feather, this racket is way better than I expected. It was so easy to get used to and I feel comfortable doing every shot with it.

I've lend this racket to a couple friends of mine, and most of them said (as a joke) that they'd buy me 3 of them; they really liked it (most of them are MX80 users, but got people with all kinds of rackets making the same comment).

I did get the usual "wtf, too light" comment from some people, but most of them retracted after they tried it.

I don't think it's a racket for everyone, but it does seem like it is a racket that can suit many people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I second the above statement pretty much the same experience
    Gives shuttle smacking a whole new experience haha.
    Problem is shifting between rackets that has huge weight difference.
    Now im mostly on ArcFB 82g and MX80 91g. N80 is currently "retired" in bag

Page 11 of 59 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast