User Tag List

Page 12 of 58 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used ArcS FB... Its a wonderful racket... I loved it.
    Gives an instant power while hitting shuttle...
    Clears-Excellent.
    Defence-Awesome
    Control-Amazing
    Drives-Surprising
    Hitting sound-Hardcore
    After using VT Z-F... I find this racket effort less... good for doubles, singles..and even good for wrist...
    Well I not an very advance player... but an intermediate player.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bimalp View Post

After using VT Z-F... I find this racket effort less... good for doubles, singles..and even good for wrist...
    ...except for winning All England.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    A FB is for winning friends, and "Likes" and hearts

But....
    I thought you'd be asking for dry weight and BP!
    (back to work, cobalt...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah-- didn't perform in All england--Sad..

Well I don't believe that players are totally depend on racket.. whether they win or lose...

It's also depends on presence of mind, pressure from opponents and unforced mistakes..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ArcFB will sell like hot cakes if players won All England with it
    Juz like how the BS12 (blue) fever starts hahaha

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    A FB is for winning friends, and "Likes" and hearts
    But....
    I thought you'd be asking for dry weight and BP!
    (back to work, cobalt...
    I got the bare racket data on this racket from the store last wk, was already posted on the head wt thread...

73.1g total wt
    32.6g head wt
    301mm bp

Bottom line, the racket's total wt and head wt is 3 shuttles lighter and 1 whole shuttle lighter than my preferred wts, respectively.

Also just watched Ahsan and Moe playing with it against Qiu/Liu ... both of them were not generating much devastating power nor incredible defences and drives with it. Ahsan especially was making lots of errors with it, blocking, smashing, driving etc... and he kept looking and shaking his racket after each error.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have an apacs featherwieght 200. I find that despite its light weight (71gr strung with replacement grip) its easy to clear with from baseline to baseline and actually i would say it had quite a powerful smash. Drives were also excellent. However i found dropshots and netshots to be poor. When you played netshots i always found them falling short of the top of net. imo this was either because of the flexibility or lack of head weight lead to a lose of momentum. I would really like someone to do a comparision of these similar rackets or review the fb at the net.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yan.v View Post
    Got to test this racket along with the Arc11 tonight.

Here's my short review for the ArcFB strung with ZM70 @ 23x25 lbs. The string is neon yellow, and I must admit that the combination looks AMAZING.

I've never been a fan of the ArcSaber series, mainly because I could never get the power I wanted out of them and because I somehow find them hard to get used to and get the advertised precision. This racket, with the much lower weight, corrected all these issues for me, and don't let yourself think that because it's lightweight it's cheaply made and feels soft. This racket feels solid! And it is as stiff as advertised (stiff rated).

One would think that with a 73g, it'd be nearly impossible to have an effective hard smash that would leave your opponents destabilized. Well, one would be wrong! This racket, despite its low weight, delivers! I was able to produce impressive smashes consistently and found clears to be effortless. Again, I don't think that this racket is as powerful as the VT-ZF, but it's close for me!

The sound it produced was not as good as the Arc11. Does Sonic Metal really make the difference ? I'm not so sure, but the feeling I had goes along those lines.

While power was good, repulsion was even better! There is definitely a difference in the speed that the shuttle leaves the racket. Drives were so fun, they were fast, offensive and it seemed like the racket would just position itself in front of the shuttle. It is the first time that I find it so easy and fun to drive.

Defense wise, well this racket is so maneuverable that it just seems easy to return anything. I think the light weight makes it one of the most maneuverable racket on the market.

It was also very easy to just control the shuttle and put it where I wanted. It just seemed like all my shots were going exactly where I wanted to, and were never too much above the net. However, for some reason, I could not get the good slice shots that I am used to do. Maybe it'll take more time adjusting, but for now, it just doesn't work.

The direct competition of this racket is, I think, Black Knight's Photon racket. With a 75g average weight, the Photon was one of the most popular BK rackets ever made because of it's nice compromise of light weight and power. To compare both of these rackets, I would say that the Photon feels more powerful (probably due to the flexier shaft), however the Flash Boost is better at everything else, mainly due to how solid it feels and how maneuverable it is.

This racket is surprisingly one of the best Yonex rackets I've tried. I loved it! I will need to spend more time with this racket to put it even near the MP99 in my top racket rankings, but so far I think this racket will be in my main rackets.

My ratings:

Power: 8.5/10
    Repulsion: 9.5/10
    Control: 8.5/10
    Defense: 9/10

Overall: 9/10
    Beside the lighter weight, any idea how does it play against Victor BS12?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chocoboc View Post
    Not too sure abt BS12 but it plays more lively compared to BS LYD and stiffer too.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

it may play stiffer, but only because of the crazy low head weight ie. swing weight

if you bend the shaft in your hands and compare it to say arc11, it feels flexy in comparison

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chocoboc View Post
    The FB feels stiffer, more solid and more powerful imo. Comparable in defense and control.

BUT, I did not like the BS12, I found it quite dull. Might want to have someone who actually liked the BS12 to compare for you :P

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it may play stiffer, but only because of the crazy low head weight ie. swing weight

if you bend the shaft in your hands and compare it to say arc11, it feels flexy in comparison
    I found it to be quite stiff, maybe a little less than Arc11, but really not much. (bending the shaft with my hands, not actual feel while playing :P)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sent an FB through the machine at 26, impressed how well it stood up. Low 30's shouldn't be a problem.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just got a few in myself. Just finished stringing one at 25.....no problems here. I agree with Mark A. Easily will take low 30's

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh great, I want one now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After over-grip and BG80 string....I measured the BP at 297. Not bad. Can't wait to try it out tomorrow night. I'll post some results of my playing with it.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AZbadman View Post
    After over-grip and BG80 string....I measured the BP at 297. Not bad. Can't wait to try it out tomorrow night. I'll post some results of my playing with it.
    please also compare it with your current racket, tks

Page 12 of 58 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast