User Tag List

Page 21 of 59 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Licin View Post
    There is HK coded rackets, just that, it is not so easy to be spotted as compared to SP.
    Every store I went to when I was there only sells SP coded rackets... So that was based on my personal experience, but I guess I was jumping to conclusions.
    My apologies

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Licin View Post
    There is HK coded rackets, just that, it is not so easy to be spotted as compared to SP.
    So those HK coded rackets have "HK" written on them instead of "SP" or "JP"??

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya that's why they're called HK coded

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Broke my JP coded Fb today after a minor clash of rackets, bought less than 1 month. Heart super pain, anyone did a warranty claim from japan before??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jasyu View Post
    Broke my JP coded Fb today after a minor clash of rackets, bought less than 1 month. Heart super pain, anyone did a warranty claim from japan before??
    I'm so sorry to hear of people breaking their brand new FBs. By all accounts it seems to be a rather fragile frame. Whilst I have never played with one yet I did have the pleasure of holding one in store several days ago. It is incredibly light; the complete opposite of my Vapour Trail Elite. I think the Nanoray 800 and Arc FB are two of the nicest looking Yonex rackets out at the moment.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jasyu View Post
    I had warranty JP rackets before. Just need to contact the place where you go it from and send it back to them. If they approve it, you get a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by allyjack110 View Post
    I'm so sorry to hear of people breaking their brand new FBs. By all accounts it seems to be a rather fragile frame.
    From what I have heard, the reports seems to be coming from the 6U versions which are coming back broken. Have not heard of the 5U ones, but I actually plan on getting a 5U one for kicks to give it a try.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A local retailer is giving me a very good price on the ArcSaber FB. It's just slightly more than what I would pay if I were in HK. I'm thinking of pulling the trigger after a demo session later this week.

I'm thinking of pairing this with either the Yonex BG-80 or BG-85 (I've been alternating between these two strings). Which colour grip and strings would match this racket? I started using towel grips recently and it's probably something I'll continue using unless there's something better that won't cause blisters! Colour suggestions for the grip would be appreciated.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A local retailer is giving me a very good price on the ArcSaber FB. It's just slightly more than what I would pay if I were in HK. I'm thinking of pulling the trigger after a demo session later this week.

I'm thinking of pairing this with either the Yonex BG-80 or BG-85 (I've been alternating between these two strings). Which colour grip and strings would match this racket? I started using towel grips recently and it's probably something I'll continue using unless there's something better that won't cause blisters! Colour suggestions for the grip would be appreciated.

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

yellow zm65 with yellow grip

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gonna have a few hits with a testing version on Monday....felt like a flyswatter swinging it around. Sadly the string is so soft I won't be able to get a clear picture, but it'll suffice for a general idea of whether such a low weight is actually usable or not
    Just dry-swinging, the Arc11 felt a whole world better. Having only gotten 2U Arc10s for tests before, I finally understand why so many use/d that racket Really really nice balanced feel...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It does seem to be more fragile than other frames... Either that or everyone just had the bad luck of getting a bad product. A guy in my club had a minor clash with his the first day of use. It cracked right away :/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    yellow zm65 with yellow grip
    You seem to be a big fan of the Zymax 65! I still haven't tried out that string, but after seeing both you and Kwun using it, I really have to give it a shot. Any comment on how it compares to the BG 80/85? I'm trying to get an idea of how the string will perform.

Can you confirm to me that the ZM65 is 0.65mm thick?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider View Post
    You seem to be a big fan of the Zymax 65! I still haven't tried out that string, but after seeing both you and Kwun using it, I really have to give it a shot. Any comment on how it compares to the BG 80/85? I'm trying to get an idea of how the string will perform.

thats what the package says for the thickness. It's about as rough as bg80 but less tension loss. I really reccomend it as well.

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider View Post

Heheh... I'm even a bigger fan of zm62, now that I'm finding that 23 lbs doesn't implode with the first mishit... ...... Zm65 feels more repulsive and grips better than bg80/85, and has better tension retention. And zm62 is even grippier and more repulsive than zm65 with a sharp hitting feel and sound that is incomparable.
    Last edited by visor; 04-13-2013 at 04:15 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can confirm that the frame of the Arc FB is ABSOLUTELY FRAGILE.

I was tempted to get it soon after it was released because I thought this racket was promising and looked so beautiful, but now I'm so glad I didn't do so. It happened to a friend of mine that he just used this racket (JP coded) for three hours and it cracked after a MINOR CLASH with other racket. We were all shocked when we knew it cracked like hell. After that, he contacted the Yonex Japan (since we are living in Tokyo) and was told that he could get a replacement for free of charge.

You might think it was a happy ending, but the story didn't end yet. Yesterday, he broke the FB again from the same cause (a minor clash). He had only been using the racket for less than two weeks. He said that he would try to contact the Yonex Japan again for claiming a replacement. Even though Yonex's customer service here in Japan is a top class, I think the Arc FB is a very disappointing product because its frame is fragile and therefore you will always feel insecure everytime you play with it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know what you guys define as a "minor clash", but I had several of them with my FB and everything's fine...

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What tension the racket's strung at is also absolutely vital. If you string at hobby tensions (<24-25lbs) there is not nearly as much strain on the racket as when you string at, say, 29-30lbs. Sometimes the racket may also have a structural weakness at a certain spot, which will cause a minor clash at that point to destroy the racket. Had that once when my doubles partner and I went for the same drop shot down the middle and wanted to lift it (no big swing). My racket broke, his was fine...yet I've had absolutely huge clashes with the same model without anything happening.

Page 21 of 59 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast