User Tag List

Page 22 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would define it as "a clash of two rackets when returning a smash with a soft sound of clash (not so loud)".

I was trying to share my friend's experience to this forum in order to let you all know that (i) I think the FB's frame is fragile and (ii) there is a precedent that someone claimed to Yonex for a cracked FB racket resulted from a clash and got a replacement for that for free of charge, in this case in Yonex Japan for a JP coded FB.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry Everyone but apart from the topic, I have a question,,,,, Can anybody tell me how to detect/ensure that any racket is genuine or a fake??? I'm kinda new in this field... I mean I cant tell the difference between a genuine and a fake even though I have been playing for about 2 years (without any Coaching/training from a pro trainer) ... Here in Bangladesh I feel every single racket is a fake though many sellers claim them to be a genuine... Not only rackets but the strings too!!! Some people give tensions of about 26-30 Lbs in their rackets!!! is that even possible with a genuine Racket or string, where it is written on the body of the racket 24-26lbs?? Please some one help me out!!! And please add me up as friends!!! I want to know more and more about badminton and you people!!! PLease reply... Thanx....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The written tension is only the recommend tension...of course it is possible to string at a higher tension but doing so would void warranty. Fake rackets commonly have paint imperfections (yonex logo is too small or too large), butt cap is off-color, shaft too flexible, serial code is impossible, racket is too light, and price too low. I would recommend inspecting the racket in person, test the flex, inspect the paint/finish, and hit with it. Or if buying online, choose a reputable seller like mybadmintonstore.com.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by n0m5ky View Post
    I can confirm that the frame of the Arc FB is ABSOLUTELY FRAGILE.

I was tempted to get it soon after it was released because I thought this racket was promising and looked so beautiful, but now I'm so glad I didn't do so. It happened to a friend of mine that he just used this racket (JP coded) for three hours and it cracked after a MINOR CLASH with other racket. We were all shocked when we knew it cracked like hell. After that, he contacted the Yonex Japan (since we are living in Tokyo) and was told that he could get a replacement for free of charge.

You might think it was a happy ending, but the story didn't end yet. Yesterday, he broke the FB again from the same cause (a minor clash). He had only been using the racket for less than two weeks. He said that he would try to contact the Yonex Japan again for claiming a replacement. Even though Yonex's customer service here in Japan is a top class, I think the Arc FB is a very disappointing product because its frame is fragile and therefore you will always feel insecure everytime you play with it.

I have heard reports that the 6U's are fragile and coming back broken. Was he using the 6U or was using the heavier 5U?

Well part of the problem is that because he clashed. Clashing resulting in breakage ready so soon, sounds more like a player error than a racket problem. Sort of want to question the skill level of the player(s).

I am ordering a 5U for kicks to see how this racket is.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I have heard reports that the 6U's are fragile and coming back broken. Was he using the 6U or was using the heavier 5U?

Well part of the problem is that because he clashed. Clashing resulting in breakage ready so soon, sounds more like a player error than a racket problem. Sort of want to question the skill level of the player(s).

I am ordering a 5U for kicks to see how this racket is.
    Minor clashing is an inevitable part of a serious doubles game, no matter what level.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've clashed mine a few times and banged it on the floor many times, not even a single paint chip. I think the speculation that these are more fragile than other rackets is because most people only report rackets breaking and there are a lot of others that aren't having any problems.

Anyways, when will the 5U be coming to the US? I'm eager to try one to see if it's better than the 6U. I really like it, but it's lacking a little in power.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Y[]nex View Post
    The written tension is only the recommend tension...of course it is possible to string at a higher tension but doing so would void warranty.
    It is not the recommended tension at all. It is the maximum tension for warranty validity.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SSSSNT View Post
    Minor clashing is an inevitable part of a serious doubles game, no matter what level.
    I have to disagree with that. Depends what is being defined as a minor clash. You often here often on the forums, minor clash but the pictures tells a different story or warranty claim being denied because the manufacture found it was more than that.

Level does matter. One, can be a complete beginner and clash in a so called serious game. Sort of get the idea? Lets not forget to mention coordination between the partner, which indirectly involves skills.
    Last edited by Matt; 04-14-2013 at 05:37 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Touch wood, had 2 minor clashes before when taking shuttles in mid court but no paint chip or sign of cracks. Loving it and planning to try out the 5U version too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to disagree with that. Depends what is being defined as a minor clash. You often here often on the forums, minor clash but the pictures tells a different story or warranty claim being denied because the manufacture found it was more than that.

Level does matter. One, can be a complete beginner and clash in a so called serious game. Sort of get the idea? Lets not forget to mention coordination between the partner, which indirectly involves skills.
    Are you saying pro players don't clash their rackets? Cause evidence says otherwise. They might do it less often than a beginner, but they still do it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SSSSNT View Post
    Are you saying pro players don't clash their rackets? Cause evidence says otherwise. They might do it less often than a beginner, but they still do it.
    They are less likely to clash and the end result is causing them to break, which is what I'm trying to say. Breakage does happen at the pro level, but in those very desperate situations they have nothing to lose since they have multiple of the same racket their disposal from being sponsored.

I am sure, we have not heard from pro players saying, oh a particular racket it is too fragile because of a clash.
    Last edited by Matt; 04-14-2013 at 09:12 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, quite interested in getting one of these. But wondering how it plays compared to the Arc11 and also the NR800.
    Currently using RKEP XP70 and XP80 and they're already pretty quick rackets but for me, lack the oomph.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Haha... if you think your XP's lack power, man are you in for a surprise with the FB...

What are your specs btw, as mine are 87g/295mm and they are just right for me in terms of power and speed for fast doubles.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

83g 295mm. So it's the weight then! I should go heavier rather than lighter, right?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are less likely to clash and the end result is causing them to break, which is what I'm trying to say. Breakage does happen at the pro level, but in those very desperate situations they have nothing to lose since they have multiple of the same racket their disposal from being sponsored.

I am sure, we have not heard from pro players saying, oh a particular racket it is too fragile because of a clash.
    So can you then see a player at any level without sponsor will find that being a problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by llpjlau View Post
    83g 295mm. So it's the weight then! I should go heavier rather than lighter, right?
    Most likely yes, that's why Eric has most XP's around the 87g/295mm range, if you look at his availability table. My first one was 85g/295mm and it was just lacking a tad in oomph even though it was super fast.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sidratul View Post
    Sorry Everyone but apart from the topic, I have a question,,,,, Can anybody tell me how to detect/ensure that any racket is genuine or a fake??? I'm kinda new in this field... I mean I cant tell the difference between a genuine and a fake even though I have been playing for about 2 years (without any Coaching/training from a pro trainer) ... Here in Bangladesh I feel every single racket is a fake though many sellers claim them to be a genuine... Not only rackets but the strings too!!! Some people give tensions of about 26-30 Lbs in their rackets!!! is that even possible with a genuine Racket or string, where it is written on the body of the racket 24-26lbs?? Please some one help me out!!! And please add me up as friends!!! I want to know more and more about badminton and you people!!! PLease reply... Thanx....
    Welcome to BC! You shoud try and make some time to browse through the various forums and threads here - there is a huge wealth of information. If you take the time and effort to look for it, you will find almost any badminton-related information you can ever want!

As for the fake Yonex racquet thing, here are som links that will be useful:
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...-Yonex-Rackets

http://www.yonex.com/sports/badminto...g-counterfeits

18. Likes whaithukhe liked this post
Page 22 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast