User Tag List

Page 23 of 59 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SSSSNT View Post
    So can you then see a player at any level without sponsor will find that being a problem.
    In a way yes, when the player is spending their own money to buy a new racket because they clashed theirs and could not be replaced under warranty if the manufacturer saids no.

Not necessarily at sponsor but sure, the players are generally conscious about taking care of their rackets too. That goes without saying, the sponsored players (lets assume BWF) are given a number amount of rackets before a tournament if I recall correctly.
    Last edited by Matt; 04-15-2013 at 02:04 AM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Patience will bring the 5U as a reward!
    ....and hopefully, less reports of breakages....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Patience will bring the 5U as a reward!
    ....and hopefully, less reports of breakages....
    I can't wait to get mine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    In a way yes, when the player is spending their own money to buy a new racket because they clashed theirs and could not be replaced under warranty if the manufacturer saids no.

Not necessarily at sponsor but sure, the players are generally conscious about taking care of their rackets too. That goes without saying, the sponsored players (lets assume BWF) are given a number amount of rackets before a tournament if I recall correctly.
    Anyways, my original point was about minor clashing as an inevitable part of the game. Thus when it breaks so easily, it's definitely racket problem, not player error and there's no need to question the skill level of the players because players of all levels do it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pre-Info: This is an opinion made after only 1 session with the Arc FB.

I'm still wondering why Arc FB gets so much attention.
    As an amateur/intermediate player I had the chance to test it yesterday. It's light. And it lacks in power. I think for Professional players, this isn't an issue, because they have the perfect technique, timing and strength for doing smashes. But I hardly doubt that we have that many professional players here :P

The missing smash power is a big issue for me. While it's light and fast it has nothing else I would mention. It's too light to make your smashes. Due this fact, you're getting tired easily since your smashes are rather slower than usual and easily to block.

During the same session I used other rackets like: Victor Light Fighter 7300 and 7400, SW37 (4U!)
    And I was able to do more "damage" with these rackets.

I highly recommend to all potential Arc FB owners to have a look at the Light Fighter series from Victor.
    I didn't notice a weight difference between them and Arc FB. But the smash penetration, especially with the LF7300, was very noticable better than with the Arc FB.
    And also worth to mention: Here in Switzerland, this Arc FB thing costs 40 - 50% more than the LF7300 / 7400

Light Fighter 7300 is slighty head heavy while 7400 is really head heavy. You'd better test both of them. If not, 7300 has slightly the better value than the 7400
    Last edited by Accordaz; 04-15-2013 at 03:43 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SSSSNT View Post
    Anyways, my original point was about minor clashing as an inevitable part of the game. Thus when it breaks so easily, it's definitely racket problem, not player error and there's no need to question the skill level of the players because players of all levels do it.
    I agree to some extent. Unless Yonex admits there is a problem with their 6U.. I am aware a certain number are coming back broken, from what I have heard from the Yonex authorized retailer in Canada. It's up to Yonex to look at those broken ones to see if it was caused/clash or problem (defect) with the racket.
    Last edited by Matt; 04-15-2013 at 04:20 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interested to checkout the Victor Light Fighter range too but dont think M'sia has it. From the official website it is stated to be at 5U range and more flex compare to ArcFB. Will this provide the extra edge in terms of power as compared to a 6U ArcFB ? Anyhow i do agree the ArcFB is lacking in the smash dept thus hoping the 5U version will make up to it. Just to be fair, im not a very attacking all out smashes player but love to play a speedy game of drives, counter and placing...ArcFB delivers so far
    Last edited by soulsync; 04-15-2013 at 06:02 AM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure that the Light Fighter series is actually developped by Victor. It might be from Victor Germany, which is a different company that has the rights to market things under Victor's name.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by n0m5ky View Post
    I can confirm that the frame of the Arc FB is ABSOLUTELY FRAGILE.I was tempted to get it soon after it was released because I thought this racket was promising and looked so beautiful, but now I'm so glad I didn't do so. It happened to a friend of mine that he just used this racket (JP coded) for three hours and it cracked after a MINOR CLASH with other racket. We were all shocked when we knew it cracked like hell. After that, he contacted the Yonex Japan (since we are living in Tokyo) and was told that he could get a replacement for free of charge.You might think it was a happy ending, but the story didn't end yet. Yesterday, he broke the FB again from the same cause (a minor clash). He had only been using the racket for less than two weeks. He said that he would try to contact the Yonex Japan again for claiming a replacement. Even though Yonex's customer service here in Japan is a top class, I think the Arc FB is a very disappointing product because its frame is fragile and therefore you will always feel insecure everytime you play with it.
    Hi n0m5ky ,Are you able to provide me with the contact that your friend actually contacted to make the warranty claim. I have contact yonex japan thru their contact us website and was rejected.Thank you if you can help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, Arcsaber FB is getting famous because of their advanced in breakages?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having played with it for a while, I can't say I think it's a great racket. Yes, it is quick, and you'll probably be able to pull of some stunning defensive shots and interceptions, but it seriously lacked overhead.
    All in all great for fun-only players as you can really play around on defense and do double/triple action shots nicely with this, but competition players should think twice before getting this.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    Having played with it for a while, I can't say I think it's a great racket. Yes, it is quick, and you'll probably be able to pull of some stunning defensive shots and interceptions, but it seriously lacked overhead.
    All in all great for fun-only players as you can really play around on defense and do double/triple action shots nicely with this, but competition players should think twice before getting this.
    I was able to generate great power with the racket. I guess it depends on your swing and strength or something.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And the strings. You'll need pretty tight strings on this to get good power. But also, really getting behind the shuttle is more important than with heavier rackets (at least for me). Only players with a rather fast and explosive hitting action will get good power with it, and even then I doubt it's on par with other rackets...anyhow, as I said, enjoyable to play with, but ineffective from the back.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    And the strings. You'll need pretty tight strings on this to get good power. But also, really getting behind the shuttle is more important than with heavier rackets (at least for me). Only players with a rather fast and explosive hitting action will get good power with it, and even then I doubt it's on par with other rackets...anyhow, as I said, enjoyable to play with, but ineffective from the back.
    I did have to add a couple pounds to get the most out of it. I liked it at the lower tension, but at higher tensions it was just insane. Shots were crisp and effortless!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, with the extra head speed compared to a heavier racket you should be able to get more out of your strings, so adding 2-3lbs shouldn't be a problem. Having only a testing version over, I'm not able to string it at all, so I had to make do with the (insanely) soft strings on it. I can imagine it has a crisp feeling as most lower weight rackets tend to have, but couldn't really judge with those strings.
    I'd like to really have a go with it with decent strings (BG66UM/ZM65@30, maybe 31 / BG80@31), but who has the money
    Changing back in-game, my Bs09 felt very heavy, and insanely powerful. The much more comfortable strings definitely played a part in that, though

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jasyu View Post
    Hi n0m5ky ,Are you able to provide me with the contact that your friend actually contacted to make the warranty claim. I have contact yonex japan thru their contact us website and was rejected.Thank you if you can help.
    Most like I suspect is that he contacted the shop Yonex authorized shop where the racket was purchased from.

You would have to do the same however if it was imported outside of Japan for JP, then you sort of out of luck unless it was a shipping error.

I have claimed my own JP rackets in the past by sending them back to the shop in Japan where I got mine from and they took it from there.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I really don't see why anyone is expecting this FB to be some new wonder racket given recent history of many much hyped Yonex releases like Z Slash, VTZF, NR700.

In a few months, we'll be seeing many FS: FB threads on the Buy/Sell forum, just like those Yonex rackets above.

Page 23 of 59 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast