User Tag List

Page 38 of 59 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My racquet before using the 6U (F) FB was a Z-Slash, however I only played a couple of games with the Z-Slash and then didn't play for a few years, so the break between is too large to give a proper comparison. From what I remember, the Z-Slash had me doing a lot of miss-hits due to the head shape, but when you hit that sweet spot it was lots of fun.

The FB was all-round easier to use, however requires finer technique to obtain powerful shots from the base of the court.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by n0m5ky View Post
    Sgt_Strider,

Thanks for the brief comparison as well as your thoughts on the 5U FB. I do appreciate it.

I`ve been thinking on getting a 5U FB or a 4U ZF, but finally decided to go for the FB. Even though one of my friends had a bad experience with the "fragile" 6U FB (actually he said he was satisfied with how the racket delivered, but not the durability of the frame) as I have mentioned in this forum, I`m ready to try my luck with the 5U version. Actually the racket will be coming into my apartment in a hour as now I`m waiting for Kuroneko Yamato (クロネコヤマト) Transport to knock my door.

I`m not quite sure whether the racket will suit my playing style as I come from a 3U Z-Slash, but after reading reviews in this forum I`m confident enough that it will deliver and improve my game. Really looking forward to playing with the racket tomorrow night.

Is there anyone here who came from a 3U Z-Slash to a 6U/5U FB and felt satisfied?
    i've had several z-slashes before.. and currently still have two FBs and a couple of arc 11s.. i'm still very pleased with the FB, many shots could be caught and it can still be possible to generate decent power from a bad positioning or location with its quick response. the z-slash was a bit finicky, there often was bouts of mis-cuing although it had the most potent smash..

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by n0m5ky View Post
    Sgt_Strider,

Thanks for the brief comparison as well as your thoughts on the 5U FB. I do appreciate it.

I`ve been thinking on getting a 5U FB or a 4U ZF, but finally decided to go for the FB. Even though one of my friends had a bad experience with the "fragile" 6U FB (actually he said he was satisfied with how the racket delivered, but not the durability of the frame) as I have mentioned in this forum, I`m ready to try my luck with the 5U version. Actually the racket will be coming into my apartment in a hour as now I`m waiting for Kuroneko Yamato (クロネコヤマト) Transport to knock my door.

I`m not quite sure whether the racket will suit my playing style as I come from a 3U Z-Slash, but after reading reviews in this forum I`m confident enough that it will deliver and improve my game. Really looking forward to playing with the racket tomorrow night.

Is there anyone here who came from a 3U Z-Slash to a 6U/5U FB and felt satisfied?
    Rackets break all the time. It's a bad reason not to go for the FB. You really can't go wrong with either the 5U or the 6U.

I think the FB is the easiest racket to use. Once you get use to the faster swing speed, you're going to have a lot of fun. I wouldn't recommend the FB for singles though. I would definitely use my Duoforce for that scenario b

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just received the racket a few hours ago. Man, this racket feels so light! Tried to swing it a few times and compared with my 3U Z-Slash, I could feel the difference: this little fella swung faster than Z-Slash. I don't know maybe bacause it was not yet strung. The weight was 79gr unstrung and no plastic cover in the handgrip. I put an overgrip and the total weight became 83gr unstrung. I will get it strung today with a yellow NBG95. I choose this string because its durability and another reason is that the cost for stringer's service is very expensive here, around US$12-15.

I always string my Z-Slash at 24lbs. Do you guys have any suggestion on the recommended tension for this racket? Do I need to keep it at 24lbs?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

usually if Im using a light racket, I always lower the tension. Using the VZF at 27lbs and apacs feather weight 300 which is 75g at 22X24 lbs

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider View Post
    Rackets break all the time. It's a bad reason not to go for the FB. You really can't go wrong with either the 5U or the 6U.

I think the FB is the easiest racket to use. Once you get use to the faster swing speed, you're going to have a lot of fun. I wouldn't recommend the FB for singles though. I would definitely use my Duoforce for that scenario b
    humbly disagree on this.
    racket durability is quite important.

not all people have bucket loads of money to buy multiple rackets.

while rackets may break due to clash/mishits, I'd go for a design with higher probability of survival. (given it plays reasonably well)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bakulaw View Post
    humbly disagree on this.
    racket durability is quite important.

not all people have bucket loads of money to buy multiple rackets.

while rackets may break due to clash/mishits, I'd go for a design with higher probability of survival. (given it plays reasonably well)
    I can't imagine the Arc FB breaking unless there's a racket clash. Racket clashes are inevitable and there are no guarantees that any rackets would survive any better than the Arc FB.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

since the arcFB allows most people to swing faster.. clashes are more disastrous than if it was unwieldy..

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vajrasattva View Post
    since the arcFB allows most people to swing faster.. clashes are more disastrous than if it was unwieldy..
    If we're going to be that afraid of racket clashes, then let's avoid playing doubles altogether.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By the way, I have ordered mine and hopefully will receive it by monday/tuesday. Will post my experience. I don't expect it to be much different than Karakal BN60 and Karakal MTec70. I am a big fan of both. I call them Politics Racquets and can swear by them

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The FB being as quick as it is, should make it easier to withdraw quickly from an expected crash. I've done this a few times but the times I have clashed is because my partner was behind me.

I still love this racquet but haven't been able to generate much pace from the back tramlines, can only clear and drop.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider View Post
    I can't imagine the Arc FB breaking unless there's a racket clash. Racket clashes are inevitable and there are no guarantees that any rackets would survive any better than the Arc FB.
    hypothetical question, 1 player using a SW35 and another using an arc fb... out of 10 catastrophic clashes, how many fbs and how many sw35's will survive?

my money's on the SW35....

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hypothetical question, 1 player using a SW35 and another using an arc fb... out of 10 catastrophic clashes, how many fbs and how many sw35's will survive?

why not go clash against a old aluminium frame of those U and beyond racquets (120g?)...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, I would have to agree to disagree on your point about them being similar.

I have the good fortune of owning 2 FBs as well the Karakal trio of BN60, MTEC 70 and SL70. The closest in terms of feel to the FB would be the BN60. The MTEC 70 and SL70 has different characteristics in their own right. Of the whole lot, I will take the MTEC 70 if I'm after a smashing orientated game, FB for just about anything and everything and of course, when I'm really fatigued, the BN60 will come in handy. Sad to say, the SL70 does nothing and seats in the bag looking pretty...Lol...

Fwiw, all the 5 rackets that I mentioned above are strung with Forten titanium 65 strings at 24lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by paroxysmal View Post
    By the way, I have ordered mine and hopefully will receive it by monday/tuesday. Will post my experience. I don't expect it to be much different than Karakal BN60 and Karakal MTec70. I am a big fan of both. I call them Politics Racquets and can swear by them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

.....and mine is on karakal mtec70. I clashed with my friend's FB real bad. It was a niddle gorund half court shot and we both went for the kill(I'm a southpaw standing on the rhs of the court, my friend being a rightie and standing on lhs of the court)

needless to say, mtec70 1, FB 0. The FB was a mangled mess...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got my new FB, CD version G4. I removed the original grip, I'm using one Yonex base cushion wrap with one Super Grap. Coming from a NS9900 3UG5 with the same grip configuration, I definitely the control of this racquet.

I'm noticing it's taking some adjustment for smash and back court drop-shots. When I do get a good swing the smash power is similar to my NS9900.

One last detail I'm using NBG-99 strung at 25x27.

I've been using NS9900 for a couple years now, and because they will eventually get phased out, I want to find a backup system, if this racquet continues to perform after a few more sessions I'll get a couple more

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^You should get a couple more NS9900 instead

Page 38 of 59 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast