User Tag List

Page 39 of 59 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If your sole goal is to only use rackets that kill other rackets in clashes, then I highly recommend the Braveswords. I should start putting stencils on my BS11 like fighter pilots did in WWII, how many Japanese I've shot down

Has anyone weighted their FB by putting a layer of athletic tape on the head to add a bit more oomph?

I like lightweight, mildly head-heavy rackets (87-89g wet, 305BP). If the FB had a head-heavy feel to it, I'd be temped to try a 5U version. It's JP only, right?
    Last edited by Maklike Tier; 05-29-2013 at 05:09 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mendell View Post
    ^^You should get a couple more NS9900 instead
    I have 3x NS9900 already, I was going to buy a 4th but I wanted to try a new system, so I got 2x FB instead :P If this goes well probably get another 2 more. I still don't know if I want to get G5 or G4 grip, but I think I'm happy with G4 and wouldn't want different grip sizes :/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    If your sole goal is to only use rackets that kill other rackets in clashes, then I highly recommend the Braveswords. I should start putting stencils on my BS11 like fighter pilots did in WWII, how many Japanese I've shot down

Has anyone weighted their FB by putting a layer of athletic tape on the head to add a bit more oomph?

I like lightweight, mildly head-heavy rackets (87-89g wet, 305BP). If the FB had a head-heavy feel to it, I'd be temped to try a 5U version. It's JP only, right?
    I was unaware of another weight besides F (6U), unless the grip size affects the weight slightly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    Yes, from what people have said on the forums the 5U version is currently only available in Japan.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup, I think that most 5U or 6U rackets might need a little extra tactic ;P Am trying to master mine backhand with it now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider View Post
    Haha, I tried my best to answer your questions, but I don't have the time to answer them all.

I didn't realized that you're at around my height. I'm slightly taller than you, but you're quite a bit heavier than me. lol!
    Yeah, your answers were all very helpful! But one must at least hold the racket or dry swings in order to understand completely. And not just plain imagination of how the racket would feel according to how others feel about it. Thats how I felt went I got hold of one myself.

Haha you about 175cm? I just remeasured myself and it about 175, seems I grew taller again , I gained some weight after high school and esp after the surgery. use to weigh only about 75kg during high school.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by n0m5ky View Post
    Just received the racket a few hours ago. Man, this racket feels so light! Tried to swing it a few times and compared with my 3U Z-Slash, I could feel the difference: this little fella swung faster than Z-Slash. I don't know maybe bacause it was not yet strung. The weight was 79gr unstrung and no plastic cover in the handgrip. I put an overgrip and the total weight became 83gr unstrung. I will get it strung today with a yellow NBG95. I choose this string because its durability and another reason is that the cost for stringer's service is very expensive here, around US$12-15.

I always string my Z-Slash at 24lbs. Do you guys have any suggestion on the recommended tension for this racket? Do I need to keep it at 24lbs?
    Try string 66UM at 24lbs after this string break, I think you might like this combination better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After playing more with this racket it's definitely more satisfying than my NS9900.

However, I noticed I'm not hitting power shots as clean as a result you will notice *shoulder soreness*, this isn't just from me, I have a couple friends that also own this racket and report the same.

Because of the increased racket head speed, if you don't hit cleanly you're causing a whip-lash effect, similar to playing with nylon shuttles.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chan1011 View Post
    After playing more with this racket it's definitely more satisfying than my NS9900.

However, I noticed I'm not hitting power shots as clean as a result you will notice *shoulder soreness*, this isn't just from me, I have a couple friends that also own this racket and report the same.

Because of the increased racket head speed, if you don't hit cleanly you're causing a whip-lash effect, similar to playing with nylon shuttles.
    Yup, one needs to be more "precise" when using this racket. It isn't as forgiving as my Arc10 when I hit the birdie off the sweet spot. And the sweet spot is a tad smaller than the Arc10 too

Nevertheless, you might wanna consider changing the way you exert force when using the FB. It is some else when compared to other usual yonex rackets, it... almost reacts differently.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got a impression when playing badminton today. I was switching between the ArcFB and Nanospeed 5000 depending on who my double partner is, as I would like to avoid a tragic accident when playing with a more amateur player. However, I find that my consistency dropped and my human errors rose. The timing, the feel, the handling. Everything was off.

Before I got the ArcFB, I had been switching between the NS5000 and Arc 10. Yes, they handled differently, but it was easy getting use to it, a few swings with it and I'm good to go on a friendly match. Thus I thought I could do the same thing with the ArcFB. I've never been so wrong. It was a terrible idea. I was miss-hitting the birdie as the swing speed is different, the time/ energy needed to defensively return a smash was very different.

I am still not sure whether this is just a bad day for me or this is going to happen every time I switch between very different rackets. Nonetheless, we'll see in the future.

So it is just a heads up for those whom might have the same idea as me, thinking they might be able to switch between two very different kind of rackets in a short time. It might be a bad idea to most. But to those who can do it, I salute you

P.S. It wasn't all that bad. Yes, I might have lost a few friendly matches but one thing good did come out of it. My doubles partner racket DID clash with mine. So if I had used the ArcFB, my heart would probably break the same time as the racket.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know if I had an off day or not, but I didn't play very well yesterday. There were still some timing issues, but much better than last weekend. I don't have anything new to report other than I'm still experiencing some timing issues due to the different swing speeds between the ArcFB and the Duoforce.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm very comfortable with this racquet now and am getting used to not even attempting to smash hard from the back anymore as it is futile. (puny smashes and sore shoulder)

But I mishit more than my previous racquets and I guess the racquet being too fast will screw up timings when you get to the shuttle too quickly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chan1011 View Post

Could you elaborate on the "whip-lash effect"? I play with an FB AND nylon shuttles, and awhile ago I injured my back. I'm fine now but that sounds like something to be careful of...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jukebox View Post
    Could you elaborate on the "whip-lash effect"? I play with an FB AND nylon shuttles, and awhile ago I injured my back. I'm fine now but that sounds like something to be careful of...
    I have no idea what he's talking about. My shoulders are fine after using the FB.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was switching in-between my Arc10 and ArcFB today, wasn't as bad as before. The overall feels the same e.g. stiffness and weight balance but I definitely notice a difference in swing speed. I was trying to break the string on my Arc10 today as it was loosing tension, so I smashed a lot today. Not only did I not succeed but I tire my arm till it was sore and almost numb. Thus I went back to the FB, I was so satisfied with it =) the reaction/ maneuverability is just astonishing. I'm out of words to describe the feeling that I had, it is something like a child's joy when he receives a new present or like a feeling of daring childishness (being gutsy enuff to do something that you've never tried before). Yeah, it is always a joy for me to use this racket from time to time.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

received mine today. Feels good! As good as my BN60. Cant wait to test it. Will try to post my experience by tomorrow.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider View Post
    If we're going to be that afraid of racket clashes, then let's avoid playing doubles altogether.
    You're exaggerating. Fact is certain rackets are more in danger of breaking than others, the Bravesword series would be one example. As the ArcFB uses less material (to achieve that low weight) it has a much bigger chance of breaking than a 3U box frame. Even a Bravesword is much more durable.
    Anyhow, personally I'd weigh the pros and cons before getting this racket, and for me the cons of losing so much overhead power and very likely breaking it on the first real clash would definitely overpower the pros (if I had any interest in getting a Yonex in the first place).
    That isn't to say I have many clashes, btw, but as they are inevitable in doubles competition I just can't afford to shell out 140+ every time I have a clash. With other rackets, there's at least a decent chance of survival (and a lower price for some).

Page 39 of 59 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast