User Tag List

Page 4 of 59 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 54 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    Yonex's recommended tension is up to 24lbs. i wouldn't go much higher than that.
    interesting that you would recommend not going any higher since after talking to a few seasoned badminton players as well as reading on the forum, many have claimed that it is safe to string close to at least 28 for most rackets. but it could be because those rackets in question have a higher limit, i didn't keep track.

by the way, Kwun, i was at bintang wednesday night from around 9-930 but wasn't able to spot anyone with adidas equipment. maybe i didn't look hard enough i did watched some very high level badminton games, maybe that's what distracted me. anyway, thank you for the invite, maybe i'll run into you sometimes and we can talk MORE badminton

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gundamzaku View Post
    interesting that you would recommend not going any higher since after talking to a few seasoned badminton players as well as reading on the forum, many have claimed that it is safe to string close to at least 28 for most rackets. but it could be because those rackets in question have a higher limit, i didn't keep track.
    2U-4U rackets it is definitely ok. i have strung Yonex 2U rackets up to 30+lbs myself. but 6U... i am not so sure.

by the way, Kwun, i was at bintang wednesday night from around 9-930 but wasn't able to spot anyone with adidas equipment. maybe i didn't look hard enough i did watched some very high level badminton games, maybe that's what distracted me. anyway, thank you for the invite, maybe i'll run into you sometimes and we can talk MORE badminton
    eh? i think i arrive a bit late. around 9.20pm. must have missed you again!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2U-4U rackets it is definitely ok. i have strung Yonex 2U rackets up to 30+lbs myself. but 6U... i am not so sure.

eh? i think i arrive a bit late. around 9.20pm. must have missed you again!
    I've strung 5U-6U rackets (made in china) up to 25lbs before and those rackets' material were probably not as good as the ones Yonex put in this racket and they held fine.

Not sure this racket will take 30lbs tensions, but I think somewhere between 24 and 27-28 should be fine.

Of course, this is speculations :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mogensen is currently using this racket in the european mixed championships

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, and i wonder how hard can he smash with this racket..

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure why some of you guys are giving this racket such a cool reception. I'm currently using a 4U AT800 DE and I much prefer the 4U version than the other version. I've never used anything lighter than 4U before. So I'm curious why some of you guys aren't so receptive to this racket and what's the downside to a 6U racket?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider View Post
    I'm not sure why some of you guys are giving this racket such a cool reception. I'm currently using a 4U AT800 DE and I much prefer the 4U version than the other version. I've never used anything lighter than 4U before. So I'm curious why some of you guys aren't so receptive to this racket and what's the downside to a 6U racket?
    You need weight to transfer force on the shuttle (f=ma) (I think that's right....) so unless the racket is really that fast then you won't get a lot of power.

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by decoy View Post
    You need weight to transfer force on the shuttle (f=ma) (I think that's right....) so unless the racket is really that fast then you won't get a lot of power.
    Agreed about the head wt... but I think Yonex uses the kinetic energy equation instead, ie. KE=(mv^2)/2. So accordingly speed has a larger impact than mass, at least theoretically according to Yonex.

However from experience, my hand and arm is already near my maximal swing speed, so lighter faster rackets don't help me much. Now heavier rackets at least can be used for strength and training purposes, even if they slow you down initially.
    Last edited by visor; 02-17-2013 at 06:46 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, think of your racket being stripped 1/2 the power for smashing, and you need more strength to hit a shot back. That's the reason why - I have used a 4U Voltric 80 before, and it is already very hard to do a powerful smash.... Imagine a 6U?

Unless Yonex have something up in the sleeve which we don't know about yet in the design of the racket..... Who knows until someone gives a review about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One more thing, its an Arcsaber - the "jack of all trades and master of none" racket. You have to "balance" your skills when using an Arcsaber, and its quite tough at 3U already (using PG 10).
    Last edited by ZeroSOFInfinity; 02-17-2013 at 07:04 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I've used 5U racquets before. The Black Knight Superlight series, Photon PCV, 75 grams. Strung it with BG80 at just 21/23 back then and it could still pack a punch; I even played singles with it! I knew of better guys than me who would string this racquet at 26 lbs and never touch another racquet. The frame was by no means delicate, either - I can vouch for that!

Theoretically, a 6U is just 1 gram away from this Photon... or maybe, the Photon IS a 6U...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the racquet lost abt 20% mass i.e. 73 grams vs probably 88 grams of another racquet, but is there a simple linear correlation between weight and power in this scenario? (i.e. a 4U VT80 may give more crunch than a 3U VT60)..

in terms of collision, force translates to a change in momentum over the shuttle contact time.. so if the racquet can be swung at a higher velocity, the momentum generated by the racquet can be larger.. as opposed to swinging something very heavy but at a slower speed for the same momentum.. (i.e. M xV)

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    I've used 5U racquets before. The Black Knight Superlight series, Photon PCV, 75 grams. Strung it with BG80 at just 21/23 back then and it could still pack a punch; I even played singles with it! I knew of better guys than me who would string this racquet at 26 lbs and never touch another racquet. The frame was by no means delicate, either - I can vouch for that!

Theoretically, a 6U is just 1 gram away from this Photon... or maybe, the Photon IS a 6U...
    This exactly. The Photon racket is one of the racket's that has given me the most powers in the ones I've used (I'm a very power oriented player...). I still use it, still love it.

So while the lower weight usually results in a loss in power, something in this racket compensates for it. The Black Knight Photon racket has been the most popular BK racket for a long time, so we can hope the Flash Boost could be similar in terms of power..

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    Yes, and i wonder how hard can he smash with this racket..
    Definitely harder than me and most of us in this forum too...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yan.v View Post
    This exactly. The Photon racket is one of the racket's that has given me the most powers in the ones I've used (I'm a very power oriented player...). I still use it, still love it.

So while the lower weight usually results in a loss in power, something in this racket compensates for it. The Black Knight Photon racket has been the most popular BK racket for a long time, so we can hope the Flash Boost could be similar in terms of power..
    So true, I've played with the photon for so long and power had never been an issue. My extended use of this racquet probably is the reason why I get more out of 4U and low3U racquets than 3U in general

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yonex's recommended tension is up to 24lbs. i wouldn't go much higher than that.
    To be fair, they've been recommending 24 lb for 4U rackets for as long as I can remember, so I doubt it's to do with the reduced weight; I'm testing the Victor Lightfighters (5U) and their "limit" is 12 kg/26 lb.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So if the swing speed is faster, then in theory it'll generate more power then right?

Page 4 of 59 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 54 ... LastLast