User Tag List

Page 42 of 59 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Its beginning to sound like the 5U is a real winner. I wonder why Yonex have not released it worldwide, though. A really strange decision....

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm probably more interested in the 5U but don't really want to spend the extra $$$ for JP code so ill probably wait

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same here, I've the TW coded 6U FB but would really like to give the 5U version a go and see which would be my backup racket =) but don't wanna pay the JP code pricing. Shall wait and see... =D

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    This whole 'superlight' thing has really piqued my interest. My current go-to is 88g wet - the lightest racket I've ever owned - and when I go back to my other rackets (90-93g), I reckon I get maybe a >10% power boost that gradually tapers off as I get more tired.

Thing is, I don't have a big smash. If I smash, I win the point through placement or angle, not power. So the arguement would go, that if I could speed the rest of my game up and not to the detriment of my power game (which I use less and less these days) or my shoulder for that matter, then that would be a positive thing.

Is anyone having any physical issues with the FB? You'd have to swing your arm/wrist faster as a matter-of-course, so before I'd contemplate going down that route, I'd have to get a better handle on the potential for injury.
    I agree with the rest of the comments. The FB doesn't make me sore at all even after 2-3 hours of continuous derbies. I really feel that the modern game rewards players with accuracy, more than power. The only adjustment that's worth noting I feel is in the racket handle control. With such a light racket you should take advantage and use finger control and leave a gap between the racket handle and your palm. With such a light racket it's possible and you won't get palm stiffness.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bit my tongue and bought the Japanese 5u. I just ordered the 4u nr800 and will use the same ng99 strings to do a comparison. Almost same weight and evenly balanced rackets. So hopefully it will be just a comparison between repulsion versus power. I did not order the arc11. I don't want to bother with anything over 4u anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My take on ArcFB is 50% 50%. Yes, you can do some shots you previously cant. You can now swing the racket till it whiplash at your wrist making great drives and angle cuts. However , if you compare hitting the shuttle at the same strenght with another racket (my usual fleet racket which is 4u headlight), the power is about 30% lesser.

I notice some adjustment needed with backhand , as the light racket is harder to gauge and lesser swing weight (that is how i describe the follow through weight of the racket head) upon impact.

I like the racket for fancy play, tactical play but not for serious games, it is not an overall racket in my book.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you want 5U, get the JP. Done!! Not really expensive, besides not to mention I bought a lot of other JP products in general (like, blu-ray, cd etc...).

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lex1437 View Post
    My take on ArcFB is 50% 50%. Yes, you can do some shots you previously cant. You can now swing the racket till it whiplash at your wrist making great drives and angle cuts. However , if you compare hitting the shuttle at the same strenght with another racket (my usual fleet racket which is 4u headlight), the power is about 30% lesser.

I notice some adjustment needed with backhand , as the light racket is harder to gauge and lesser swing weight (that is how i describe the follow through weight of the racket head) upon impact.

I like the racket for fancy play, tactical play but not for serious games, it is not an overall racket in my book.
    agreed.seriously agreed.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll let Carsten know.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    If you want 5U, get the JP. Done!! Not really expensive, besides not to mention I bought a lot of other JP products in general (like, blu-ray, cd etc...).
    lol! I don't really get how that's related. Whether the FB is JP coded or not, it's still made in Japan.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you actually used an instrument to measure your hit speed? If not, then you clearly made up the 30% figure. There's no doubt that the FB have less power. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out. However, if you're going to provide figures, make sure you have evidence to substantiate that claim.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by agios1980 View Post
    I agree with the rest of the comments. The FB doesn't make me sore at all even after 2-3 hours of continuous derbies. I really feel that the modern game rewards players with accuracy, more than power. The only adjustment that's worth noting I feel is in the racket handle control. With such a light racket you should take advantage and use finger control and leave a gap between the racket handle and your palm. With such a light racket it's possible and you won't get palm stiffness.
    You didn't had any timing issues? I did at first and it took me a while to iron it out. The FB really is a unique racket. Everyone should try it out to see if it works out for them.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Its beginning to sound like the 5U is a real winner. I wonder why Yonex have not released it worldwide, though. A really strange decision....
    The 6U isn't that far off. Honestly, I would still tell a girl to get the 6U FB.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider View Post
    Did you actually used an instrument to measure your hit speed? If not, then you clearly made up the 30% figure. There's no doubt that the FB have less power. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out. However, if you're going to provide figures, make sure you have evidence to substantiate that claim.
    The problem with that is that the same can be said for those that say they have no loss of power using the FB or just minimal loss of power.
    In reality these numbers are all in the head because they can't be quantified correctly unless proper instruments are used.
    However the fact remains that you will probably have to swing harder to achieve the same amount or more power off this racket. On the plus side, the lighter rackets for recreational play is probably less demanding.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use 5U rackets for a few years now (since 2007). The problem with using 5U rackets is that once you are used to it, it is impossible to go back to 4U or 3U.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pcll99 View Post
    I use 5U rackets for a few years now (since 2007). The problem with using 5U rackets is that once you are used to it, it is impossible to go back to 4U or 3U.
    I used a 5U racket for a very long time and now I switch between 6U-5U-4U-3U regularly.

If you want, you can :P

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider View Post
    lol! I don't really get how that's related. Whether the FB is JP coded or not, it's still made in Japan.
    How it's related, well pricing simply because it costs higher over there, that's my point. It doesn't matter if it's made in Japan or not.

Page 42 of 59 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast