User Tag List

Page 43 of 59 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider View Post
    Did you actually used an instrument to measure your hit speed? If not, then you clearly made up the 30% figure. There's no doubt that the FB have less power. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out. However, if you're going to provide figures, make sure you have evidence to substantiate that claim.
    actually he did not using a speedometer. Yonex did. 30% increase in racket head sodas is tested and proven by yonex themselves. They use that stat in their advertising for the FB.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

lol! I don't really get how that's related. Whether the FB is JP coded or not, it's still made in Japan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    How it's related, well pricing simply because it costs higher over there, that's my point. It doesn't matter if it's made in Japan or not.
    Here's my take on it...

All "high-end" (AKA "expensive") racquets are made in Japan, the rest are made in either Taiwan or China. The JP distribution code for high-end racquets apparently also signifies a more stringent QC level. That QC level allows Yonex to use the mark that is coveted by manufacturers for the Japan market.

Name:  arc-fb-jp.jpg
Views: 1631
Size:  69.3 KB
    And that should mean that all 5U FBs will play strikingly similar to one another, and have more solid build. "More" would be relative to other codes, but since there is no other 5U code apart from the JP one at present, it should mean that the 5U is the premium FB for now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In regard to the worry about getting used to a light racket (6U/5U) and therefore hard to switch back to a heavier racket (2U/3U/4U), I think that wouldn't be the case if you have more than one racket with different weight size (one is light and the other is heavier) and you switch back and forth between them on a regular basis. Certainly I guess no-one would like to be stuck at the same level all of the time. We surely want and try to improve our game as well as to try new things; therefore we need a tool (i.e. rackets) to help us to get there. It is how we enjoy our game, isn't it?

Also, I still don't understand why so many people think and expect that they will get the same or even more power in smash from Arc FB compared to heavier rackets such as VT80 or Z-Force. They are absolutely different rackets made for different purposes. You can read many threads in this forum which say that the most important factors to do a powerful smash are (i) footwork, (ii) footwork, (iii) footwork, (iv) proper technique and (v) rackets. I have seen players using an Arc FB and they still could produce lightning smashes. I think Arc FB is a racket that will improve your speed and control to your game with an adequate power in smash. Try to improve your footwork and technique and I'm sure you will not disappoint with your smashes that you can produce with it.
    Last edited by n0m5ky; 06-07-2013 at 05:00 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I noticed colbalt did a copyright infringement.... Lol JK!!
    Last edited by Matt; 06-07-2013 at 06:21 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by agios1980 View Post
    actually he did not using a speedometer. Yonex did. 30% increase in racket head sodas is tested and proven by yonex themselves. They use that stat in their advertising for the FB.
    lol! You need to slow down and read carefully before you address my post. I wasn't questioning Yonex's number.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol! You need to slow down and read carefully before you address my post. I wasn't questioning Yonex's number.
    Are you talking about racket head speed? Because he is talking about power.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by n0m5ky View Post
    In regard to the worry about getting used to a light racket (6U/5U) and therefore hard to switch back to a heavier racket (2U/3U/4U), I think that wouldn't be the case if you have more than one racket with different weight size (one is light and the other is heavier) and you switch back and forth between them on a regular basis. Certainly I guess no-one would like to be stuck at the same level all of the time. We surely want and try to improve our game as well as to try new things; therefore we need a tool (i.e. rackets) to help us to get there. It is how we enjoy our game, isn't it?

Also, I still don't understand why so many people think and expect that they will get the same or even more power in smash from Arc FB compared to heavier rackets such as VT80 or Z-Force. They are absolutely different rackets made for different purposes. You can read many threads in this forum which say that the most important factors to do a powerful smash are (i) footwork, (ii) footwork, (iii) footwork, (iv) proper technique and (v) rackets. I have seen players using an Arc FB and they still could produce lightning smashes. I think Arc FB is a racket that will improve your speed and control to your game with an adequate power in smash. Try to improve your footwork and technique and I'm sure you will not disappoint with your smashes that you can produce with it.
    Yes, footwork is most important. That's why I think it is better to spend your money on a better pair of shoes than a JP racket.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You mean like Yonex' completely unreproducable in an actual game situation 421kph smash with the Z-Slash?
    Last edited by Maklike Tier; 06-07-2013 at 11:39 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Here's my take on it...

All "high-end" (AKA "expensive") racquets are made in Japan, the rest are made in either Taiwan or China. The JP distribution code for high-end racquets apparently also signifies a more stringent QC level. That QC level allows Yonex to use the mark that is coveted by manufacturers for the Japan market.

Name:  arc-fb-jp.jpg
Views: 1631
Size:  69.3 KB
    And that should mean that all 5U FBs will play strikingly similar to one another, and have more solid build. "More" would be relative to other codes, but since there is no other 5U code apart from the JP one at present, it should mean that the 5U is the premium FB for now.
    We've been over this 1000 times. It's pure speculation. There has not been one single shred of evidence that JP rackets are any different to any other.

At this stage if you want a 5U FB, then you have to get a JP version and pay the extra 25% (plus expensive shipping from Japan makes it closer to 30% to here) for it, but as soon as they release a non-JP 5U I'll consider getting that.

I'm not buying into Japanese elitism whether perceived or real.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    You mean like Yonex' completely unreproducable in an actual game situation 421kph smash with the Z-Slash?
    Pretty sure the instrument they used wasn't calibrated properly and once they realized it, they stopped using numbers for their newer model rackets.
    If those numbers were right, I'm sure they would be marketing high numbers for the Voltric series as well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We've been over this 1000 times. It's pure speculation. There has not been one single shred of evidence that JP rackets are any different to any other.

At this stage if you want a 5U FB, then you have to get a JP version and pay the extra 25% (plus expensive shipping from Japan makes it closer to 30% to here) for it, but as soon as they release a non-JP 5U I'll consider getting that.

I'm not buying into Japanese elitism whether perceived or real.
    You can offset the shipping via buying multiple items. Group buys for the win. That's how I purchase stuff from Japan, and shipping ending up being cheap doing the math.

When I get my badminton stuff, they are slightly higher, but good thing I have good discount which offsets it and makes it reasonable or comparable price..

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I've read a lot of posts on various threads from many players who claim there is a difference between JP and other coded racquets at the high end. Not pure speculation. But don't expect me to go hunting for them just to buttress my claim - I'm not that desperate. You can either take my word for it, or not -that's up to you.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I noticed colbalt did a copyright infringement.... Lol JK!!
    Sorry, Matt I know that it was your pic you posted on this thread... just didn't stop to make the acknowledgement in my haste to finish the post. I apologize!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know ha ha! Just pulling your leg.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    I've read a lot of posts on various threads from many players who claim there is a difference between JP and other coded racquets at the high end. Not pure speculation. But don't expect me to go hunting for them just to buttress my claim - I'm not that desperate. You can either take my word for it, or not -that's up to you.
    Hundreds of people also 'claim' to have been abducted by aliens too, doesn't qualify it as 'proof'.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if JP is not better, why so many people still willing to buy them despite 30% higher in prices?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously?
    Last edited by Maklike Tier; 06-08-2013 at 08:23 AM.

Page 43 of 59 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast