User Tag List

Page 45 of 58 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Read my short story and try not to repeat my mistakes.
    In December 2012 I've decided to move to Voltric ZF after 2 years with NS9900.
    That was a real mistake. I've spent have a year trying to get used to this head heavy monster with lots of mishits, ruined techniques and so on. (No pain fortunately).
    Last week I finally acquired FB. To say that I'm happy with its performance in my hands is nothing. It's really awesome for me. (doubles most of the time)
    Switching from ZF to FB suprisingly didn't cause me any trouble. Every shot now is performed with much more confidence. I have to admit that ultimate smash power of ZF exceeds that of FB but not dramatically while the better accuracy of my shots with FB compencate it quite enough.
    Also I feel that I have more time to prepare to almost every shot thus the process seems more comfortable and enjoyable.

So far so good. Will report on any major issues.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah Jackie, still using the prototypes. The #4 is just such a sweet, sweet spec (89g/304mm/7.9 stiffness)....but I'm just curious to go lighter to see if that will facilitate speeding up my game.

I'm a bit of an oddity in that I'm big (191cms), caucasian, and sloooooow. Which you would think would make me a smashing machine but I don't have a big smash to make up for my lumbering hulk. My skill is in the angles I can generate from the back court, and being an intimidating wall a the front of the net. I avoid flat fast rallies at all costs.

Essentially, I'm Mathias Boe that's eaten too many pies.

Oh, and that doesn't play very well.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha, pretty much the same here - I'm just slightly shorter than you (~189cm) but also lack a really dangerous smash, at least if you take into account my height and weight. I'm not carrying around any extra kilos though
    Anywho, big guys with big angles usually benefit from a really strong forearm - it allows you to wield your racket quickly and get a little more power in your overhead strokes, and can add to your deceptive qualities (as you'll need next to no backswing for fast drops or half-smashes).

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah man, that's why I like the 304mm balance point and about a 41g SW. So far Proto #4 has been the best of both worlds - fast and light, yet meaty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just want to share an update. I feel the more I play with my 5U Arc FB, the more I enjoy my game! I spent another 8 hours with this racket last week and I found that my smash was getting better and better in terms of power and accuracy after I managed myself to get the right timing and speed of my arm/wrist swing. My defense noticeably improved and thus it boosted up my confidence when playing against hard-smashers. It looked like you always got a chance to return back your opponent`s smashes.

It also happened to me that this racket clashed a few times with my partner (he used a VT80) when defending from a smash and I was surprised that there was no scratches or breaks on the frame. It was like nothing had happened. So I guess the 5U version has a stronger frame/better built than of the F(6U) one.

I used the Arc FB when I faced strong/advance opponents to match their speed, pace and intensity in their game. But I switched back to my 3U Arc Z-Slash when I faced weaker opponents. I also usually used my Z-Slash in the warm-up session (around 15-20 minutes) before we started a game. This helped me maintain my feeling on and timing of using Z-Slash as well as get a good preparation to use the Arc FB which was a quicker, lighter racket (it always feels good every time switching from a heavier racket to a lighter one). In summary, in a two-hour session I usually used the Arc FB 70-80% and the Z-Slash the remaining 20-30%. I just cannot completely go away from my Z-Slash.

Even though some would say bad words on or have a bad experience with this racket, I just want to continue enjoying playing with it.
    Last edited by n0m5ky; 06-11-2013 at 08:57 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am more of a recreational player who occasionally participate in local town professional tournaments. There this semi pro singles player, whom I never beat in our last 25 encounters. I beat him yesterday. .. This is a big achievement for me personally and I truely believe that FB played a very big role in it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by n0m5ky View Post
    Just want to share an update. I feel the more I play with my 5U Arc FB, the more I enjoy my game! I spent another 8 hours with this racket last week and I found that my smash was getting better and better in terms of power and accuracy after I managed myself to get the right timing and speed of my arm/wrist swing. My defense noticeably improved and thus it boosted up my confidence when playing against hard-smashers. It looked like you always got a chance to return back your opponent`s smashes.

It also happened to me that this racket clashed a few times with my partner (he used a VT80) when defending from a smash and I was surprised that there was no scratches or breaks on the frame. It was like nothing had happened. So I guess the 5U version has a stronger frame/better built than of the F(6U) one.

I used the Arc FB when I faced strong/advance opponents to match their speed, pace and intensity in their game. But I switched back to my 3U Arc Z-Slash when I faced weaker opponents. I also usually used my Z-Slash in the warm-up session (around 15-20 minutes) before we started a game. This helped me maintain my feeling on and timing of using Z-Slash as well as get a good preparation to use the Arc FB which was a quicker, lighter racket (it always feels good every time switching from a heavier racket to a lighter one). In summary, in a two-hour session I usually used the Arc FB 70-80% and the Z-Slash the remaining 20-30%. I just cannot completely go away from my Z-Slash.

Even though some would say bad words on or have a bad experience with this racket, I just want to continue enjoying playing with it.
    On what tension do you have your AS-FB strung at?
    I have a 6U pulled to 27lbs. Played extremely well, but one mis-hit of the shuttle on the frame (top center) folded the racket head. I supposed this is the weak spot of this racket...

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_C View Post
    I have a 6U pulled to 27lbs. Played extremely well, but one mis-hit of the shuttle on the frame (top center) folded the racket head. I supposed this is the weak spot of this racket...
    That doesn't sound good. Seems to be in line with some others experience with this FB (fast break) racket.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Strung it multiple times at 28 lbs and it seemed to be fine. Even saw a clash this week with a 28lbs strung FB and it survived...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    That doesn't sound good. Seems to be in line with some others experience with this FB (fast break) racket.
    You bet. Light = Low Density. Low density solids are usually fragile.
    In any case, I should be able to get a replacement. But this time around, I'd go for a 5U strung at 25lbs instead. And I'd only use this racket during singles play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yan.v View Post
    Strung it multiple times at 28 lbs and it seemed to be fine. Even saw a clash this week with a 28lbs strung FB and it survived...
    The racket itself can be strung up to 30lbs. But at this level it's under tremendous stress. If you are confident it will hold, try hitting a mid-hard smash - but at the 12 o'clock of the frame!
    You may have a story to share then...

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You bet. Light = Low Density. Low density solids are usually fragile.
    In any case, I should be able to get a replacement. But this time around, I'd go for a 5U strung at 25lbs instead. And I'd only use this racket during singles play.
    depend on the material use

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shinichi View Post
    depend on the material use
    True. But at the prices we pay for rackets, would you expect carbon fiber used in motor racing applications?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got a replacement FB today. Selected the F5 version instead of the F6. This time, I opted for 25lbs... Game is on this weekend. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got a replacement FB today. Selected the F5 version instead of the F6. This time, I opted for 25lbs... Game is on this weekend. I'll keep my fingers crossed!
    Isn't that just changing your grip size from G6 to G5? (since F=6U and you went from F to F )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    Isn't that just changing your grip size from G6 to G5? (since F=6U and you went from F to F )
    Not exactly sure. I haven't quite figured out the F designation.
    They have F6G6 and F5G5. Does F6 simply mean G6 (smaller grip)?
    Please enlighten me...

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not exactly sure. I haven't quite figured out the F designation.
    They have F6G6 and F5G5. Does F6 simply mean G6 (smaller grip)?
    Please enlighten me...
    Does it actually say F5? Or:
    F / Ave.73gr.
    G5
    (like should be)
    Last edited by demolidor; 06-14-2013 at 05:38 AM.