User Tag List

Page 47 of 59 FirstFirst ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 LastLast
Results 783 to 799 of 987
  1. #783
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,548
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Arch FB stands for Flash boost, as first i thought FB : means Facebook...


    Hi guys, can this racket tension of 29....?

  2. #784
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Shanghai (Singaporean)
    Posts
    33
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Technically you can, but it might make a hole in your pocket.
    Last edited by SuperAustinChu; 06-23-2013 at 10:56 AM.

  3. #785
    Regular Member hola4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    SINGAPORE
    Posts
    920
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This is what happen at 25lbs. A mis-hit, string snap and frame give way. Another piece with 24lbs doing good. Name:  20130623_153146.jpg
Views: 1980
Size:  79.2 KB Name:  20130623_153135.jpg
Views: 2140
Size:  100.6 KB

  4. #786
    Regular Member drew tze en's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,250
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hola4 View Post
    This is what happen at 25lbs. A mis-hit, string snap and frame give way. Another piece with 24lbs doing good. Name:  20130623_153146.jpg
Views: 1980
Size:  79.2 KB Name:  20130623_153135.jpg
Views: 2140
Size:  100.6 KB
    Wow! That will just polish off

  5. #787
    Regular Member hola4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    SINGAPORE
    Posts
    920
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drew tze en View Post
    Wow! That will just polish off
    I was trying the new Zymax65 string at 25lbs rather than my usual BG66U at 24lbs.
    This might not happen if I stick to BG66U with lower tension.

  6. #788
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    821
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I hate to say this guys but seems like the FB is a very fragile racket.
    Maybe there is some truth in the rumours that the pro's are using a repainted version of other rackets.

  7. #789
    Regular Member j4ckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,838
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Every piece of crap racket can take 25lbs. It wasn't the tension.

  8. #790
    Regular Member Mark A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    St Helens, UK
    Posts
    4,425
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    Every piece of crap racket can take 25lbs. It wasn't the tension.
    Agreed - whatever Yonex tells you is the breaking tension, add 10 lb, and that's the real breaking tension.

    Laybourn plays a 3U NR800 with 38... and it's warrantied to 25.

  9. #791
    Regular Member visor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    9,721
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hola4 View Post
    This is what happen at 25lbs. A mis-hit, string snap and frame give way. Another piece with 24lbs doing good. Name:  20130623_153146.jpg
Views: 1980
Size:  79.2 KB Name:  20130623_153135.jpg
Views: 2140
Size:  100.6 KB
    @hola4
    So, this mishit, was it a hard or soft shot? What kind of shot was it?

  10. #792
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    647
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Either all those broken FB are manufacturing errors or the pros really play with repainted versions of other rackets (which i doubt) because Carsten Mogensen uses a FB an his string tension is way beyond 30lbs.

  11. #793
    Regular Member demolidor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    @Hollanti
    Posts
    11,804
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phili View Post
    Either all those broken FB are manufacturing errors or the pros really play with repainted versions of other rackets (which i doubt) because Carsten Mogensen uses a FB an his string tension is way beyond 30lbs.
    And? ... http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...14#post2088814

    But it does seem to brake all over the place from the pics that have passed here. At an unprecedented pace at that ...

    Forgot I still had this, for the BC CSI team (from one of the first tournaments he used it in):

    Name:  MOFB.jpg
Views: 1338
Size:  92.5 KB
    Last edited by demolidor; 06-23-2013 at 05:23 PM.

  12. #794
    Regular Member hola4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    SINGAPORE
    Posts
    920
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    @hola4
    So, this mishit, was it a hard or soft shot? What kind of shot was it?
    It was a hard smash. I had a few similar mishit with another ArcFB, but it didn't happen like this one.
    The string snap probably cause the frame to break which never happen to my other racket.

  13. #795
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    57
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have clashed 3 times and survived. So far...so lucky The racket feels great! I have added 1 cm of lead tape to the top. Very quick and a lot easier on my sore elbow.

  14. #796
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    shingaporu
    Posts
    503
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elisha View Post
    I hate to say this guys but seems like the FB is a very fragile racket.
    Maybe there is some truth in the rumours that the pro's are using a repainted version of other rackets.
    i was one of early adoptees of the flash boost and both my racquets have survived till today...

    maybe mine are repainted stuffs?!?!

  15. #797
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    M'sia KL
    Posts
    398
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Luv the way M.Ahsan plays using ArcFB in recent tournaments.
    Quick defense, maneuverability and even his smash is deadly bcoz of how fast he react to it
    Not to mention great partnership with H.Setiawan

  16. #798
    Regular Member visor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    9,721
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    And? ... http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...14#post2088814

    But it does seem to brake all over the place from the pics that have passed here. At an unprecedented pace at that ...

    Forgot I still had this, for the BC CSI team (from one of the first tournaments he used it in):

    Name:  MOFB.jpg
Views: 1338
Size:  92.5 KB
    @demolidor
    Interesting... is that some VTZF markings on that FB frame? Difficult to see the VT bumps. Whose racket?

  17. #799
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    shingaporu
    Posts
    503
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    doesnt resemble a VTZF frame, which is a bit more eggie oval than the regular isometric though

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •