User Tag List

Page 8 of 58 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vajrasattva View Post
    its available everywhere in singapore now..

most of the shops at QW has it stocked.. even paragon sports, ss-sports.. etc..

the prices without string range from 220-230.. with string ranges from 235 to 250...

i recommend 25lbs stringing for a start
    hi bro,

remember me? the guy who bot ur ns9900 few days ago.
    so u got a pair of fb? let me know if u wan to let go k, hahaha...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sychong95 View Post
    It does seem that there aren't big smashes, but deadly net reflexes XD
    I watched part of the video and I don't think his smashes were slow by any means. How many of us here would be able to defend against his smashes?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BengGuan View Post
    So the Arc FB comes in two colours?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yan.v View Post
    Got to test this racket along with the Arc11 tonight.

Here's my short review for the ArcFB strung with ZM70 @ 23x25 lbs. The string is neon yellow, and I must admit that the combination looks AMAZING.

I've never been a fan of the ArcSaber series, mainly because I could never get the power I wanted out of them and because I somehow find them hard to get used to and get the advertised precision. This racket, with the much lower weight, corrected all these issues for me, and don't let yourself think that because it's lightweight it's cheaply made and feels soft. This racket feels solid! And it is as stiff as advertised (stiff rated).

One would think that with a 73g, it'd be nearly impossible to have an effective hard smash that would leave your opponents destabilized. Well, one would be wrong! This racket, despite its low weight, delivers! I was able to produce impressive smashes consistently and found clears to be effortless. Again, I don't think that this racket is as powerful as the VT-ZF, but it's close for me!

The sound it produced was not as good as the Arc11. Does Sonic Metal really make the difference ? I'm not so sure, but the feeling I had goes along those lines.

While power was good, repulsion was even better! There is definitely a difference in the speed that the shuttle leaves the racket. Drives were so fun, they were fast, offensive and it seemed like the racket would just position itself in front of the shuttle. It is the first time that I find it so easy and fun to drive.

Defense wise, well this racket is so maneuverable that it just seems easy to return anything. I think the light weight makes it one of the most maneuverable racket on the market.

It was also very easy to just control the shuttle and put it where I wanted. It just seemed like all my shots were going exactly where I wanted to, and were never too much above the net. However, for some reason, I could not get the good slice shots that I am used to do. Maybe it'll take more time adjusting, but for now, it just doesn't work.

The direct competition of this racket is, I think, Black Knight's Photon racket. With a 75g average weight, the Photon was one of the most popular BK rackets ever made because of it's nice compromise of light weight and power. To compare both of these rackets, I would say that the Photon feels more powerful (probably due to the flexier shaft), however the Flash Boost is better at everything else, mainly due to how solid it feels and how maneuverable it is.

This racket is surprisingly one of the best Yonex rackets I've tried. I loved it! I will need to spend more time with this racket to put it even near the MP99 in my top racket rankings, but so far I think this racket will be in my main rackets.

My ratings:

Power: 8.5/10
    Repulsion: 9.5/10
    Control: 8.5/10
    Defense: 9/10

Overall: 9/10
    Thanks for the review. I'm just wondering if you happened to have tried the Nano Ray series such as the Nano Ray 800? I wonder what the difference is between these two rackets beside the weight?

Also, where did you bought it in Canada and how much did you paid?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider View Post
    So the Arc FB comes in two colours?
    Coffee tubruk? The wolf is full and the lamb is whole ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    Coffee tubruk? The wolf is full and the lamb is whole ...
    I also see a red racket in the photo. I'm not sure which model that is.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also see a red racket in the photo. I'm not sure which model that is.
    It's the ArcSaber 11 of course!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the review. I'm just wondering if you happened to have tried the Nano Ray series such as the Nano Ray 800? I wonder what the difference is between these two rackets beside the weight?

Also, where did you bought it in Canada and how much did you paid?
    I own a badminton store, so bought it from Yonex Canada. I sell them for 239.99$, string included (BG65, VS800, ZM70).

I've tried the NR series (the 700s and the 800) and didn't like them that much. The FB was superior in every way imo, better power, better repulsion (even if the NR800 is supposed to be the "King of drives"), better control, better defense. Maybe if both rackets had the same weight, the NR800 would be more maneuverable.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched part of the video and I don't think his smashes were slow by any means. How many of us here would be able to defend against his smashes?
    Question isn't how we would fare against him, it's whether his smashes were up to his usual standard. And from what I saw (before the sickening quality and horrible sound chased me away) they weren't, often needing two or three from half-court to set up MB....and let's face it, the British defense isn't even in the same league as the Koreans' [Ko/Lee, Kim/Kim] which he penetrated quite well in the KO.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5U, 78g variant will be available by the end of March 2013

http://www.yonex.co.jp/news/2013/02/1302181300.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    Question isn't how we would fare against him, it's whether his smashes were up to his usual standard. And from what I saw (before the sickening quality and horrible sound chased me away) they weren't, often needing two or three from half-court to set up MB....and let's face it, the British defense isn't even in the same league as the Koreans' [Ko/Lee, Kim/Kim] which he penetrated quite well in the KO.
    The video quality was pretty bad, but during some of the replays, I was able to verify that the FB was used in that match.

It wouldn't really matter to me whether his smashes were up to his usual standard or not. I think it does convince me that this racket is indeed a capable racket. It's most likely not for everyone, but at least there are options out there for people who may be able to take advantage of this racket.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by arcaloveher View Post
    5U, 78g variant will be available by the end of March 2013

http://www.yonex.co.jp/news/2013/02/1302181300.html
    That might just end up a very different animal from the 6U ! Either more head-heavy, or even-balanced, depending on the distribution of the excess fat...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Submitted to my urge and pull the trigger
    Gonna test it out tmrw morning n see how it goes

Name:  20130301_230826.jpg
Views: 4149
Size:  37.3 KB

14. Likes justinloong, vajrasattva liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The arcfb looks like a really cool racquet to try out

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Current weight is 81g after strung with NS30 @ 26lbs and applied AC102EX over original grip.
    BP measured around 305cm, surprising ~ was expecting around 295cm at most

17. Likes vajrasattva liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by soulsync View Post
    Current weight is 81g after strung with NS30 @ 26lbs and applied AC102EX over original grip.
    BP measured around 305cm, surprising ~ was expecting around 295cm at most
    Niceee, where and how much did you bought it for?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yan.v View Post
    I own a badminton store, so bought it from Yonex Canada. I sell them for 239.99$, string included (BG65, VS800, ZM70).

I've tried the NR series (the 700s and the 800) and didn't like them that much. The FB was superior in every way imo, better power, better repulsion (even if the NR800 is supposed to be the "King of drives"), better control, better defense. Maybe if both rackets had the same weight, the NR800 would be more maneuverable.
    I have to agree that a 3U (and even a 4U) racket really is something else compared to a 6U. Here in Canada, most of the Black Knight rackets players have are from the superlight serie that weights around 75g. So there's definitely a market for that kind of racket.

BTW, I bought my 700FX from you guys and really like it (4U version).

Page 8 of 58 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast