User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Carolina Marins actual raquet

Not sure if many people read the All England thread but i though i'll post here as well as you guys may be interested too...
    If you watched the finals you could see Carolina Marin celebrated winning by throwing a racquet of hers into the crowd and a friend was lucky enough to grab it! So on Sunday he brought it along to our weekly game and i managed to take a few pics on my phone to share here.....

Sorry for the quality!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow :0 that's actually so cool :0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Super cool! An All England Finals winning racquet! Get it framed!!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's really cool. Just a couple of questions anything different like is there any modification that she has done it to it and what code is it? Is JP or a Spain code?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Besides, may we know what "U" and "G", eg. 3UG4 this Nanoray Z-Speed is ?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he would have to take off the griptape to do that which is a nono!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Agreed!!!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, exactly and it wasn't mine so I couldn't do it.....
    Tbh it looked just like a normal z speed but then again I've never used or handled a z speed before so had nothing to compare with. The frame was pretty scratched up and grip was also quite worn. And according to the new owner the tension wasn't that tight....

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What me disturbs me is the 1piece stringing job, the bubbled bottom knot and the worn out stencil ink. Seems like this racket wasn't strung at the AE and she don't use a high tension because of the worn out stencil ink.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucantseeme View Post
    What me disturbs me is the 1piece stringing job, the bubbled bottom knot and the worn out stencil ink. Seems like this racket wasn't strung at the AE and she don't use a high tension because of the worn out stencil ink.
    Wow... so you can tell tension by how worn out the stencil ink is? Amazing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see the big deal. Everyone has their preferences.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adidascanada View Post
    I don't see the big deal. Everyone has their preferences.
    Exactly... I mean, she won the All England with this racket -- not the person you can't see who was disturbed by her racket's stringing! :P

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does it scream when you swing it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    Does it scream when you swing it?
    Haha... only after it completes the rally. And it does so twice! :-0

Side point, the candy orange DOES scream out for attention.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hannster View Post
    Wow... so you can tell tension by how worn out the stencil ink is? Amazing.
    I think that if a pro plays with around 30 lbs, which is even for a women singles player pretty standart, the string can't hold long. The owner told a few posts above that the string doesn't feel damn tight. Some pros go for a new jobs regardless if broken or not. So this worn out stencil ink made me curious in terms of tension and the durability of the string. Maybe it's normal for a NBG95/98 due the smooth an slippery surface. The stringing job made me also curious. It's hard to believe that a YY stringer at the AE did a 1 piece job. I haven't seen such a big bubble bulky knot ever. Maybe somebody can enlighten me.
    I believe it's Carolina's racket. No offense, but the stringing job looks weird in my eyes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that if a pro plays with around 30 lbs, which is even for a women singles player pretty standart, the string can't hold long. The owner told a few posts above that the string doesn't feel damn tight. Some pros go for a new jobs regardless if broken or not. So this worn out stencil ink made me curious in terms of tension and the durability of the string. Maybe it's normal for a NBG95/98 due the smooth an slippery surface. The stringing job made me also curious. It's hard to believe that a YY stringer at the AE did a 1 piece job. I haven't seen such a big bubble bulky knot ever. Maybe somebody can enlighten me.
    I believe it's Carolina's racket. No offense, but the stringing job looks weird in my eyes.
    Personal preferences. The questions are being based on what is what is expected to be her preferences. Perhaps a one piece loose tension job is preferred. We would need at least one more of her racquets to confirm anything.
    A worn stencil means even less. She likely used the racquet in warm up as well. Perhaps she liked it so much from her previous match she just kept using it. Perhaps she doesn't like the AE stringers and just kept using the racquets she brought...too many unknowns to assume anything.
    I used to string racquet for the ATP/WTP tourney stop in Toronto. The tourney stringers are not the only option used by the touring players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure, dude. No worries, just a light hearted remark, don't worry about it! I like your very interesting analysis on ink retention and string tension though!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast