User Tag List

Page 15 of 58 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
Results 239 to 255 of 970
  1. #239
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    M'sia KL
    Posts
    339
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Sad to hear about the clashes and damages done
    I do agree that it may not be as sturdy compare to many rackets out there
    But there are many factors to consider when a racket cracks
    Point of clash contact, string tension, impact force and etc
    Juz try avoiding clashes and be extra cautious if both players are forehand when a shuttle flies in between

  2. Likes ricky.aditya liked this post
  3. #240
    Moderator cobalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    8,350
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Nothing like a few broken, expensive racquets to help you improve your game, tighten your technique and become more aware of your partner's movements and shortcomings, I say...

    However, it does sound like Yonex have a (cautiously optimistic) winner here. General interest seems to be more for the FB than the ARC-11...

  4. #241
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Heaven
    Posts
    695
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    When buying this racket, how should I instruct the stringer to string it? I think I read somewhere that there are stringing guides for the different Yonex rackets out there?

    Furthermore, from reading some of the posts on stringing, it seems one part of the racket should be strung at least 2 pounds less than the other? For example, I should aim for something like 21x23lbs or etc.? Any reason for that? Currently my racket is strung at 23lbs for both sides.

  5. #242
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Richmond, BC
    Posts
    5,209
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yonex does have their guide line and the stringer is supposedly suppose to follow it. Not following it could potentially void the warranty if the racket needs to be claimed for warranty purposes.

    I don't know the exact specifics of the guide line but in general, but the cross is about 10% tighter than the main, which is essentially about a 2 lb difference. It's to maintain the shape if I recall correctly.

    For example, you want 23, then it's stringed at 22 x 24.
    ------------
    Note, if it was like at the pro players who are sponsored, it doesn't apply to them as the player gets their rackets stringed to what he or she wants. (ie. former player, Kim Dong Moon's racket).
    Last edited by Matt; 03-17-2013 at 04:22 AM.

  6. #243
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Heaven
    Posts
    695
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Yonex does have their guide line and the stringer is supposedly suppose to follow it. Not following it could potentially void the warranty if the racket needs to be claimed for warranty purposes.

    I don't know the exact specifics of the guide line but in general, but the cross is about 10% tighter than the main, which is essentially about a 2 lb difference. It's to maintain the shape if I recall correctly.

    For example, you want 23, then it's stringed at 22 x 24.
    ------------
    Note, if it was like at the pro players who are sponsored, it doesn't apply to them as the player gets their rackets stringed to what he or she wants. (ie. former player, Kim Dong Moon's racket).
    So is Yonex's stringing guide the same for all of their rackets? What should I tell the stringer when it's time to string a racket?

    Just to make sure that I understand you. If I want 21, then it should be strung at 20 (main)x 22 (cross)?

  7. #244
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    73
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    After the misadventure with my racket today, I brought it to the store at queensway shopping centre where I purchased it from....the lady didn't seemed too surprised about the FB...anyways, she took my racket and will do a one to one swap with sunrise. Lets see how it turns out bah, fingers crossed....one caveat though...I gotta pay for the string and grip again...bummer...but then again, I guess it's only right for them to do so....

    And in the meantime, I found another shop that kept stock of the FB! Yay! Needless to say, I plonked down another s$230 and got myself the FB...dang...so now I have 2 FBs, assuming my warranty claim goes thru...looks like I should start selling the rest of my rackets Liao....any takers?

    will keep y'all updated on the status of my warranty exchange.

  8. #245
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    84
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth vader View Post
    After the misadventure with my racket today, I brought it to the store at queensway shopping centre where I purchased it from....the lady didn't seemed too surprised about the FB...anyways, she took my racket and will do a one to one swap with sunrise. Lets see how it turns out bah, fingers crossed....one caveat though...I gotta pay for the string and grip again...bummer...but then again, I guess it's only right for them to do so....

    And in the meantime, I found another shop that kept stock of the FB! Yay! Needless to say, I plonked down another s$230 and got myself the FB...dang...so now I have 2 FBs, assuming my warranty claim goes thru...looks like I should start selling the rest of my rackets Liao....any takers?

    will keep y'all updated on the status of my warranty exchange.
    wow! that's very nice of her. Which shop did you buy your broken FB from???

  9. #246
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    73
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Err...cannot rem the shop name..I only know how to go...its t second floor...as for my second FB, it's purchased from gala sports...

  10. #247
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    shingaporu
    Posts
    500
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth vader View Post
    Ok, so I just finished an intense 3 hour session....one word: it's fantastic! It was so easy to get used to playing, seems like I had played with it for a long long time. Controls were crisp, and back to back drives were excellent. No side effects despite several hard smashes, and defense was a dream. In short, a very very good racket, possibly the best that I have ever played with. Even my karakal bn 60 that I had played with for a good 6 months didn't feel as good......unfortunately it broke after a minor clash of rackets with my doubles partner....needless to say, heart damn pain...It was after all, only a day old....rest in peace my dear fb....

    now I'm gonna go back to the shop and see if they can do a warranty claim...I mean, I've had my fair share of racket clashes, but surely a s$230 racket is more robust than that right?

    I summary, fb rocks. It is so good that I find it hard to come to terms with the rest of my other rackets, namely,

    karakal bn 60
    karakal sl70
    li Ning windstorm
    apacs lethal 110
    yonex carbonex 21
    robertson Wilson

    its a happy sad day....or should I say sad happy day....*shrugs*
    which point did it break? 12'o clock?

  11. #248
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Richmond, BC
    Posts
    5,209
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider View Post
    So is Yonex's stringing guide the same for all of their rackets? What should I tell the stringer when it's time to string a racket?

    Just to make sure that I understand you. If I want 21, then it should be strung at 20 (main)x 22 (cross)?
    The guide varies, depending on the string pattern of the racket. See link below.
    http://www.yonex.com/products/badmin...-instructions/

    Yes, you are correct about the tension, and two pound difference. 21 = 20 x 22.

  12. #249
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Quebec City
    Posts
    238
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Benito View Post
    I've just bought one strung with BG 80 Power at 11.5kg. Amazing racket, very fast in drives and defense. Not too much loss of power compared to my Z Force 4U as I swing it faster.
    Good repulsion with a stiff shaft.
    If you understand French, you may have a look at http://matosbad.blogspot.fr/
    Nice job Benito! I love Pat's blog.

  13. #250
    Regular Member visor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    8,599
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Wait, Darth Vader, you're coming from your previous 60-70g rackets? Of course, you'll find the FB more powerful.

  14. Likes kwokkilam liked this post
  15. #251
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    73
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vajrasattva View Post
    which point did it break? 12'o clock?
    11 or 1 o clock position...depending on which side u facing....

  16. #252
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    73
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    Wait, Darth Vader, you're coming from your previous 60-70g rackets? Of course, you'll find the FB more powerful.

    Perhaps....but the 60g karakul bn60 is a head heavy racket...and prior to this I was using cab21, a 2u racket for the longest time....til my shoulder started protesting....tried a myriad of rackets from Carlton, apacs, victor, Li Ning before the karakal bn60, and to a lesser extent, sl70 kinda suited my style of play. Of cse, as I get older, technique also differs.....so yup, as of now, I reckon FB should my be primary choice.


  17. #253
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    37
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    voltric 30 84g strung and overgrip FB 83g strung and overgrip

  18. #254
    Regular Member hola4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    SINGAPORE
    Posts
    831
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I got my FB at 80.3g with string and gosen grip 107 model. Remove the original white grip. Over all the grip size is about G4 now.

  19. #255
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Richmond, BC
    Posts
    5,209
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hola4 View Post
    I got my FB at 80.3g with string and gosen grip 107 model. Remove the original white grip. Over all the grip size is about G4 now.
    Speaking of that.

    Canada has G4 grip size.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

  20. Likes Super85 liked this post
Page 15 of 58 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •