Need racket similar to bravesword 10, but..

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by amaranth, Jan 13, 2013.

1. amaranth

amaranth Regular Member

Hi,

Bravesword 10 has been my main racket for 2 years. Mine is the first generation of BRS-10, 3uG2. I love its incredible speed and power. Yet sometimes I feel the speed is overkilling; causing several miss-hits during fast rallies.

Now I'm looking for rackets similar to BRS-10 in terms of solid-feel and power; but may be just a less swing speed. I'm a wrist player for most of the time..so in terms of shaft stiffness I'd prefer "stiff" (on 1 (flex) to 5 (x-stiff) scale, I'd go for 4).

Recommendations anyone? I'm open to any brand; high-end or mid-end. But I'll prefer Victor or Yonex for sure :) Also I'm not in a rush mode, so I don't mind waiting for another couple of months in case there'll be new releases.

So far I have put interest in Victor BRS-12, Victor BRS-15, YY Nanoray 700 RP, and YY Arc 10 premium. I just skip the YY Nanoray 800 bcuz I don't like the paint-job :p

Thanks,

2. visor

visor Regular Member

for sure check out mx70... more power, less speed

or mx jjs which is even more extreme

#2 visor, Jan 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  3. wc5599

wc5599 Regular Member

victor mx series would b good..

4. maxout

maxout Regular Member

Well, if you don't mind OVAL, then go for Carbonex 20sp ... meets all your desired specs and requirements - good speed, solid feel, powerful esp smashes, stiff .... ;) ... don't have to wait, it has been around since 1985 ... :D

5. amaranth

amaranth Regular Member

Thanks for the suggestions mates,
    I noticed from most reviewers that only MX-80 is most similar to BRS-10. Btw, does MX-JJS have the same spec with MX-80? But the extra-stiffness of MX-80 still worries me

As for MX-70, with spec of 4/5 HH, 4/5 Stiffness; most reviewers labeled this racket as a power generator. So it'll sacrifice too much swing speed I suppose? (correct me if I'm wrong). But I'll put MX-70 into my consideration list.

Among those racket I mentioned above, which one performs most similar to BRS-10? oh wait a minute..let's include Spira 22 on the list.

6. amaranth

amaranth Regular Member

Really?? if so then it'll be great because my dad keeps one of those (cab 20). Yep it's been more than 25 years old. And as I recall the paint-job has been torn down. Hmm...worth a shot! :D

Actually I also own a Cab-21sp 2uG4. It is a real beast..but still a bit heavy on swing (may be bcuz it's a 2u).

7. maxout

maxout Regular Member

BTW, if your dad doesn't want his "OLD" Cab20 anymore, let us know ... depending on condition/cost ... may buy it off you .... ;)

8. amaranth

amaranth Regular Member

errr...even if my dad doesn't want it anymore, I think I'll just keep it as one of my collection items :D

9. wc5599

wc5599 Regular Member

I am using bs10 first gen as my main racket as well.. i really love the speed.. get used to the speed and power within the first month of using it.. i've tried my fren's mx60 and it is quite good.. got power.. but still not tat slow.. mx70 would b more suitable if u like stiff racket.. mx80 known to be very stiff.. so i wont try.. and if i not mistaken. the spira series are out of production now?

10. olli

olli Regular Member

medicine
    northern germany, in beautiful but rainy hamburg
    The Li Ning N80 might be worth a try - similar frame shape but a little bit heavier than the BS10.

11. maxout

maxout Regular Member

Try your DAD's Cab20 FIRST ... you may be saving yourself some serious $$$$$$$$$$$ ;)

12. amaranth

amaranth Regular Member

I don't know if the Spira series are out of production.. But I'm pretty sure they are still available in the market.

Yesss...N80! have read many positive reviews about it. Some says it is an upgrade of BRS-10.. However it is way too expensive

YES Master... !

13. amaranth

amaranth Regular Member

After seeing my old man's Cab20, I'm not sure if the old racket will be able to withstand high tension stringing. Then I guess it's better for the old racket to enjoy its retirement :D

So...I finally end-up by purchasing Li-Ning n80 :D But haven't strung it yet. Any recommendation? The plan is BG 66 UM at 25/27 lbs

14. maxout

maxout Regular Member

Yes, good move ...so far, the HIGHEST tension I have heard that Cab20 can take is 28lbs (Cheung) ... normally around 23-25lbs would be the highest for many. Then again, due to its oval design, it plays "tighter" due to the smaller but more intense sweetspot, so I was told ...

Yes, don't break it ...

15. amaranth

amaranth Regular Member

Thanks for the info..
    Indeed, I won't risk it :)

16. asdsadas2008

asdsadas2008 Regular Member

Student
    The spira series are out of production but you can still find them in the shops :)