User Tag List

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow!!! Sindhu up to career best 9.god knows what has happened to s. Julianne.itz her retirement time.its a very tough draw for pc in tje upcoming AE.Whereas not so for saina till the q.f. Where she might faceWSX.anyways we hope for the best.....all the best!!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Money provides security in old age: Saina Nehwal

1. What is your philosophy towards investments and saving ?
    It is the foremost requirement to save same money and invest whatsoever is saving in right way. It make the future secure against the paucity of money when there is no income.

2. Are you disciplined when it comes to investments?
    I have used my money in a very nice manner. I am helped by my father for the same. I give service tax, advance IT and returns on time. I am helped by reputed CA in Hyderabad.

3. What kind of an investor would you describe yourself as: conservative, balanced or aggressive?
    I am balanced investor.

4. Which is your most preferred method of investing?
    I have saved money in LIC schemes, SBI investments, Bachat Yojana of SBI, fixed deposits in national banks and purchase of house at good locations in Hyderabad.

5. What is your advice to the general public as far as investing is concerned?
    Save money, it helps in nation building. It provides security in old age.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2012's Saina has faded away!
    When will this unknown chubby Saina with less fighting sprits but bulging pockets reach into semifinal in a superseries tournament?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Saina is not as fit and motivated as before. It would be interesting to see if her form will continue to slump when Sindhu will become the number one Indian in the rankings, which I think is inevitable. This would definitely hurt SN's ego, I think Saina will have to reprove her self in that situation. Also, as someone pointed it out, it would be interesting for Uber Cup scenario (which happens to be in Delhi).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rajat_remar View Post
    I think Saina is not as fit and motivated as before. It would be interesting to see if her form will continue to slump when Sindhu will become the number one Indian in the rankings, which I think is inevitable. This would definitely hurt SN's ego, I think Saina will have to reprove her self in that situation. Also, as someone pointed it out, it would be interesting for Uber Cup scenario (which happens to be in Delhi).
    Only if Sindhu could survive to the final, she would be the big ace card. But the chance is tiny. So it would be more interesting to see which Saina will go on the stage of UC ? The 2010's Saina, or the feckless Saina we see at the moment.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rajat_remar View Post
    Actually, Saina is fitter than ever.
    To be precise, she has never been this fit before.

But there's one aspect of her game that still hasn't changed for the better.

To put it simply: Saina is very poor at finishing a rally.

If her attacking shot is returned, then, rightaway, she is in trouble.
    Even if the return can be attacked again, she won't attack it.
    She will either switch to a soft shot or opt for a clear.
    Effectively, if the first try fails, she automatically relinquishes control to her opponent.

Her coach has tried to rectify this.
    But, for some reason, she can't bring herself to change!

Earlier today, she scored a few points by faking a smash and dropping the shuttle.
    But on the next faked shot, Eriko Hirose wised up and retrieved the shuttle easily.
    What would have been a certain point was thus lost cheaply.
    And did Saina stop doing it?
    No, she tried it again and again!

Gopichand's patience is admirable

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My general impression of Saina (not having seen the match) and taking Oldhand's observations, is that she has difficulty recovering her balance after a smash. The options of a drop or clear give her time to recover her balance. That might be tied up with her vulnerability to shots that force her to twist her body.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhand View Post
    Earlier today, she scored a few points by faking a smash and dropping the shuttle.
    But on the next faked shot, Eriko Hirose wised up and retrieved the shuttle easily.

I want to know at what position of the court she played those dropping shot? Ive watched lots of her matches since 2010. Saina did play some high-quality deceptive dropping shots in her backhand area in many matches Id watched. On the other hand, when she was forced to move to her forehand area, it seemed she was unable to produce shots at the same quality. The smash as well as those dropping shots are then so predicable and the opponents could easily score points.
    My question is whether she or Gopichand has already sort the problem out? In the match earlier today, If those deceptive dropping shots came from her forehand area, taking your observations, I'll think she was probably just practicing without fearing of losing. Then Ill still have faith in her for the future.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheung View Post
    My general impression of Saina (not having seen the match) and taking Oldhand's observations, is that she has difficulty recovering her balance after a smash. The options of a drop or clear give her time to recover her balance. That might be tied up with her vulnerability to shots that force her to twist her body.
    I did talk to a few people in the know.
    They were near-unanimous about the 'doesn't know how to end the rally' part

Since she is one of the sport's biggest draws (today, at the Singapore Open, there were more cheers when she entered than there were for Lee Chong Wei), I really really hope she wises up and changes her rally strategy.

Badminton needs Saina Nehwal

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhand View Post
    To be precise, she has never been this fit before.

But there's one aspect of her game that still hasn't changed for the better.

To put it simply: Saina is very poor at finishing a rally.

If her attacking shot is returned, then, rightaway, she is in trouble.
    Even if the return can be attacked again, she won't attack it.
    She will either switch to a soft shot or opt for a clear.
    Effectively, if the first try fails, she automatically relinquishes control to her opponent.

Her coach has tried to rectify this.
    But, for some reason, she can't bring herself to change!

I agree. She cannot finish off a point, this is the reason she struggles against the players with good defense. But I also think, that her speed and agility was better during 2010 and 2012 than now a days, that may be one explanation, why she cannot finish a point

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If SN is fitter than ever, then she is hiding it well.

Fully agreeing on her inability to finish, but that's how she has always been, even back in the days when she had a lot of successes.

Before, she had this doggedness to keep doing her less than effective attack until her opponents finally succumbed. Nowadays, she can't seem to follow through on her attacks and gives up way too easily. Is the problem mental or physical? Take your pick.

She is actually similar to WYH on this. Given their physical potential, they work way too much for each point. If they don't have their body and mind fully ready, they struggle.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually before winning OG medal, sn had been trained by Edwin Iriawan and fater OG as well...but Gopichand saw it as a threat and moved this guy to Lucknow to handle the juniors and Edwin quit after PBSI offered him a job..so there are 2 Indonesian coaches , Hendra and Dwi to help Gopichand and juniors....also SN had been less friendly and honestly SN is not up there yet but money did change the people..that's a reality...India wanted Indonesia helping them but India has not supported Indonesia's tournaments at ball in last 2 years ( like INA GPG and Challenge) but INA did ...personally, I did voice it out to BAI about the arrangement and I L wanted INA players badly but BAI! In this case, Gopichand never responded to I A's request for Djarum Superliga...I think Ego did run over Gopichand and SN...when SN is out of top 10, we may see old SN back again? I hope so...missing the friendly and humble old SN.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by huangkwokhau View Post
    Actually before winning OG medal, sn had been trained by Edwin Iriawan and fater OG as well...but Gopichand saw it as a threat and moved this guy to Lucknow to handle the juniors and Edwin quit after PBSI offered him a job..so there are 2 Indonesian coaches , Hendra and Dwi to help Gopichand and juniors....also SN had been less friendly and honestly SN is not up there yet but money did change the people..that's a reality...India wanted Indonesia helping them but India has not supported Indonesia's tournaments at ball in last 2 years ( like INA GPG and Challenge) but INA did ...personally, I did voice it out to BAI about the arrangement and I L wanted INA players badly but BAI! In this case, Gopichand never responded to I A's request for Djarum Superliga...I think Ego did run over Gopichand and SN...when SN is out of top 10, we may see old SN back again? I hope so...missing the friendly and humble old SN.
    India is all about protectionism.
    It's there in every plan, process and sphere.
    Badminton (and sport) is no exception.

One would imagine that a clever coach like Pullela Gopichand (who was a singles player) would try to bring in an accomplished doubles coach to help prop up India's woefully bad doubles pairs. But he has not and will not do that, for it would mean allowing someone else a say in how things are run.

Right now, multiple centres are pulling the sport in different directions.

There's Gopichand's academy where the current crop of Indian professionals reside, play and train.
    There's the IBL which, funded by Yonex, is attempting to cash in on the sport's middle-class appeal.
    There's Prakash Padukone's academy which doesn't want to invest in professional coaches although it keeps producing less-than-desirable outcomes year after year.
    And then there's an army of vengeful ex-players and outdated coaches and other has-beens trying to produce exceptional players without modernising themselves or their strategies (Ashwini Ponnappa is now training with Tom John - if anything, she has been losing more than ever!)

Madness is repeating a stupid mistake over and over again and expecting it to suddenly become right!

If Saina Nehwal doesn't overhaul her approach to the game, she will soon be eclipsed... permanently

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Its nice to see many more experienced and respected persons finally vocalising the very same fears and reservations I have had about Indian badminton and the politics, factionalism and greed that is threatening to ruin things for the sport -just at the time they were actually finding some real traction. Just when many of their players were demonstrating some real potential and beginning to show real results. I guess this is just par for the course. Tragic.

India is slipping to one of those tragic "could-have-been" stories. Their MS stable is full with the promise of some good players. Are they also going to be counted among the victims of circumstance of the past 5 years?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by huangkwokhau View Post
    Insightful news indeed from our dear Hau-Ge. So, Edwin Iriawan (the new XD coach accompanying Owi/Butet at the All-England) has been quite instrumental in transforming Saina Nehwal into an Olympic medal-winner.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hau-ge had mentioned much of this earlier as well. He was very disappointed with BAI's brushing off PBSI for reciprocity in the leagues.

Edwin has been very responsible for Saina's improvement in 2011-12 and also had a significant part to play in Sindhu's progress. But towards the end it was very clear to see that there was a lot of tension between him and Gopi.

Before Edwin, there was another respected INA coach, Atik Jauhari who was also responsible for Saina's early-years progress.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Hau-ge had mentioned much of this earlier as well. He was very disappointed with BAI's brushing off PBSI for reciprocity in the leagues. (...)
    Well, that's India's loss then!

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast