User Tag List

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion1 View Post
    I am not in a line to agree the above post.. If the standard @ nationals is way below Saina's standards, she has to look at Sindhu who has surpassed her already in all means . Do Saina really feel bad about that or she is fearing to lose to someone who is well below her standards?? . Sindhu is continuously playing Nationals though she won world championship medal which nobodyelse in india has won it before (In Women's singles)!!. Attending nationals should be the priority for all those who has citizenship of india. She did not even think of it since 2006 which was when she attended the nationals at last.
    Yes, Sindhu has done good but theres no need to compare her with SN, it just brings pressure nothing else, She too has surpassed the Indian Nationals Standards I shall say, but since she isn't consistent so for her the more refinement she can do to her game, the more tricky situations she could be in the more better for her, most imp more match practice with different kind of players would help her, neither does she have any weight issues/health issues/plays and practice so much that she has to live out of her home/she stays and coaches in Hyderabad itself and how many tournament does she plays throughout the year or number of matches she plays throughout? her body can recover this much of toil at her current age, whereas SN for that matter isnt younger anymore, she has reached her ripe age already I hope her to continue till RIO only, anything over that would be a bonus if she continues performing, she aint CHN or a Tine or a Juliane, neither her body can support that, the more rest she gets and more she invests in correcting the reasons she had a downfall in 2013 the better it is for her. Emotionally anyone might expect her to play in the nationals but she has played for IBL but theres no harm in expecting her to play for Hyderabad in the states or Haryana where she is from but she cannot play each day she has to pick the tournaments and she is doing a good job let her look at her body, her needs and decide. She doesnt needs to be abused for not playing in the nationals where anybody & everybody can play... who actually would learn anything by getting a drubbing of 21-4, 21-5.... Yes thats the standard, PV Sindhu might have strecthed her to 10 - 14 points during the 2 matches in IBL but thats it. On a bad day yes but who wants SN to be having a bad day at the nationals? eople cry foul when she goes out of the 1st day in India Open as well....

I would just say let the girl give full importance to herself and bring laurels internationally, If somebody other proves her mettle and deserves playing SN they would get it, it doesnt necessarily has to be Indian Nationals...
    Last edited by gopalprasad; 01-02-2014 at 09:40 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saina may slip out of ten in the BWF rankings since she is skipping korea open. I must say, ranking does not matters. She has all the potential to beat any top 10 player at any time. She need to believe in herself. If she plays well in two tournaments of this month(Malaysia Open SS, India Open GPG), she will get that confidence which she is lacking now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion1 View Post
    Saina may slip out of ten in the BWF rankings since she is skipping korea open. I must say, ranking does not matters. She has all the potential to beat any top 10 player at any time. She need to believe in herself. If she plays well in two tournaments of this month(Malaysia Open SS, India Open GPG), she will get that confidence which she is lacking now.
    She's okay with her ranking and I don't think she'll play India GPG.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What she is going to do now !!! Does she really willing to participate India Open GPG or .....?? Last year she was a semifinalist in Malaysian open. This year she lost in R16. She has to do something. She need to win India open this year to prove and to gain the confidence back.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saina has been extensively studied by CHN players so she needs lots of improvements! Inida Open is not for her class. I do think she will focus on training and training, good training always returns will good results in the future. never lose your confidence!

6. Likes scorpion1, cobalt liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dieter_spath View Post
    Saina has been extensively studied by CHN players so she needs lots of improvements! Inida Open is not for her class. I do think she will focus on training and training, good training always returns will good results in the future. never lose your confidence!
    My point is , saina does not have a title for more than 1 year. So she need to participate India Open GPG where the competition is less. She can win the title for sure if she participates. Let's see what she decides.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, it seems Saina will go for the title of the Inida Open GPG. Despite of her compatriot Sindhu, she needs pay attention on Jindapon the Thailand player who is good at indefatigable defence. Also Suo Di from China, she's not famous by now but the style she plays always reminds me WYH.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=dieter_spath;2190989]well, it seems Saina will go for the title of the Inida Open GPG. Despite of her compatriot Sindhu, she needs pay attention on Jindapon the Thailand player who is good at indefatigable defence. Also Suo Di from China, she's not famous by now but the style she plays always reminds me WYH. [/QUOTE I have not watched those players. Hence no idea about them. Whoever it may be, she need to play well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

was it not mentioned somewhere she may skip a few events in '14 to focus on fitness? i think she really needs it. as things stand, she may never get back as high up as she was last year, it's high time she got things under control. if she can't physically match the younger players, she needs to make good use of her skill and exposure, or else.........

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats to Saina
    I wish this title would boost her confidence and bring her form back
    but I really think she should lose some weights!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations . First title after denmark open 2012. Hope this will give her mental strength which she was lacking for quiet some time. Hope she carries this forward to superseries tournaments as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yes, congratulations to Saina for winning the IO GPG.

But it would be wrong for her to consider this particular outing to be a "turning-the-corner" performance. Regardless of how the Indian press play this.

The overall level of competition she faced is no indication of the actual type of competition a player ranked in the top 10 should expect to face. And yet, she almost lost to a young player ranked 49.

More than anyone else, she needs to convince herself -WITH COMPLETE AND BRUTAL HONESTY- that she is/was completely satisfied with her performance. All in all, her winning this tournament is absolutely no indication of her "form" or "improvement", IMO.

It is really very simple. If you keep doing the same thing, you cannot expect different results. A very good recent example is WSX. Saina needs to wake up and smell the rot.

14. Likes OneToughBirdie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, you wouldn't consider it a turning point after it just happened. But when we look back half a year from now, it could very well be that this tournament proved to be a turning point. Hopefully Saina can keep building on this success. It obviously meant a great deal to her to turn around that SF match against talented China youngster Deng Xuan.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last years Saina losses werent straight set losses most of them were 3 sets.... I would attribute most of them to mental strength, loss of hunger or giving up along with fitness.... Baring a few players in the top 5, SN had chances against everyone last year still she was losing, only cause of this reason. So to change that around should be a morale booster, yes I would still say against LXR, WYH or IR she needs more in terms of fitness... but for the rest of the players if she can be mentally tough she is a force....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honest!!
    However, one question remained: how good a friend is she with Sindhu? Saina minced no words and said it is difficult to be close friends with opponents.

"It is difficult to be friends with opponents. It is true that we train together and talk to each other everyday. But we don't have time to become good friends," she said.

"We don't even have time to talk to our parents. Moreover, she is a big player now and an opponent to me. I am happy for her and wish that she does well. I know people are interested about our matches since both of us are Indians."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I must say that statement was a chain of wrong choice of words. May be , she would have told the true reflection of her mind directly without thinking twice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now she is ranked no. 7 and her compatriot sindhu is no.10 in BWF rankings.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast