User Tag List

Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saina has been plagued from injury since the LOG, still she has been able to manage her rankings wonderfully well until now within a week she even had the chance to get to the Rank 1. But now the actual test for her starts with the coming season in June. with her biggest test at the Indonesian Open coming up which treats her as her own, made a hat trick of wins and has always been a big force. Is she up for this challenge needs to be seen! My best wishes with her...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saina Nehwal - Wiki Article

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpQuEQnaElM

Just wanted to share this video with you all..

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Saina's BWF ranking falls to #4 this week. There is a good chance it will drop another couple of places if she doesn't get with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Saina's BWF ranking falls to #4 this week. There is a good chance it will drop another couple of places if she doesn't get with it.
    same goes to WYH and WSX too

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bdfreak87 View Post
    same goes to WYH and WSX too
    Yep.. WSX goes Rank.10 and WangYihan moves to Rank.5..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion1 View Post
    Yep.. WSX goes Rank.10 and WangYihan moves to Rank.5..
    At least both were ranked number 1 before. SN was so closed being number 1 but failed. She kept on losing to lower ranked players. I believe SN should cut down her non sport commitments and focus on being a badminton player she is capable of.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by latecomer View Post
    At least both were ranked number 1 before. SN was so closed being number 1 but failed. She kept on losing to lower ranked players. I believe SN should cut down her non sport commitments and focus on being a badminton player she is capable of.
    So, Is it ok if players go down in the ranking list if they were former world no.1?? . I think even wang yihan and Wang shixian were losing to lower ranked players as well..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One just don't get too many chances to be no 1 in the world in any sport, feel a little sad for SN at not being able to do it because she must had putting a lot of effort prior to getting into this position. Hope more chances awaiting her. Imagine what would happen to the sport of badminton in India if one of the current player ascends to world no 1. Every badminton player in this world will benefit if this happens. I am waiting.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by latecomer View Post
    One just don't get too many chances to be no 1 in the world in any sport, feel a little sad for SN at not being able to do it because she must had putting a lot of effort prior to getting into this position. Hope more chances awaiting her. Imagine what would happen to the sport of badminton in India if one of the current player ascends to world no 1. Every badminton player in this world will benefit if this happens. I am waiting.
    Ofcourse, whether she is in world no. 1 position or not, she has done so much to the indian badminton.... She is a real fighter. Though her fitness and current out of form makes her difficult to achieve that position, she will come back and do it sometime later..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion1 View Post
    Ofcourse, whether she is in world no. 1 position or not, she has done so much to the indian badminton.... She is a real fighter. Though her fitness and current out of form makes her difficult to achieve that position, she will come back and do it sometime later..
    Let wait together for the rise of SN.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This year is really a bad year for Saina Nehwal. Having appeared in many semifinals and quaters, she may be really upset of her poor form. Nowadays, she really looked more tired and energyless on court. More or less like a lifeless body.. No enthusiasm like before . Even P.C.Thulasi fought very well against Linda than Saina. This clearly indicates that saina is in huge pressure which completely concealed her strengths . Will she able to regain her real form or going to get a sabbaticle from badminton for some time and come back with a bang?? I don't think she will be able to defend even Denmark Open title also..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wrong tactics in the game 1 against Linda. Though the drift on the court against Linda in the game 1, but Saina used too much her power without any patience.
    I once heard of that Saina only plays with MS player in training. It's good for one side for strength, but when she faces up to with some WS player with very good deceptive shots, like players from Indonesia or some from China, it would be in trouble sometimes. Their style has nothing to be like MS players but with many many punch clears and deceptive shots. One needs a lot of patience to manoeuver the opponent before to kill.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saina Nehwal to felicitate frisbee competition winners

http://sports.ndtv.com/othersports/o...tition-winners

EXCERPTS:

Olympic bronze medallist Saina Nehwal will felicitate the winning teams of frisbee at the Usha Bangalore Ultimate Open which will be held at the Aditya Sports Complex here from July 12-14.

Ultimate, a game played using a frisbee, will witness participation of over 25 teams from across the country. The teams will initially be divided into groups and the top eight teams will battle it out for the title.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Is that recent picture? Looks quite thin there.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheung View Post
    Is that recent picture? Looks quite thin there.
    Recent picture ?? No way... She is atleast >10 kgs now ...

It seems like there is a standard picture of her in their (media) database which is used whenever it is needed...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saina Nehwal vows to bounce back at Badminton World Championship

http://sports.ndtv.com/othersports/b...d-championship

EXCERPTS:

The Olympic bronze medallist was also excited about the Indian Badminton League, starting from August 14-31. In the last three tournaments -- Thailand Open, Indonesia Open and Singapore Open -- Saina had failed to go beyond the semifinals, but it doesn't seem to concern her much as she believes she can still win titles.

Noida:

A nine-month title drought notwithstanding, Saina Nehwal on Friday vowed to bounce back strongly at next month's world championship and said the much-needed six-week break after the Southeast Asian circuit will give her ample time to regain fitness and help her to win titles once again.

The world number three has been going through a lean patch for the last nine months as she has failed to win a single tournament.

In the last three tournaments -- Thailand Open, Indonesia Open and Singapore Open -- Saina had failed to go beyond the semifinals, but it doesn't seem to concern her much as she believes she can still win titles.

"It doesn't concern me that much because I know if I'm at my best I can win again. I was not happy with what was happening with me. Some small injuries can irritate you. You can't be at your best when you are injured. When you are tapping your knee. There were doubts in my mind," Saina told reporters on the sidelines of the launch of IBL's school program initiative -- shuttle express here.

"These were doubts like if I can train, if I can give 100 per cent. So good that I'm taking physiotherapy now. I'm taking good note and not thinking about what happened and giving my best again.

"I actually played just for a week before the three tournaments. Still I reached semis and quarters, and I also could not believe that I can play at this level, I can compete against these top players without even training. I was not fit enough.

"I got this six weeks break after a long time. I was not happy with my fitness. I needed that break but when I got that break (after India Open) my toe got fractured. At the starting of the year, I also had a knee injury but now I am okay and hopefully should come up with good performance in the World championship," she added.

The Olympic bronze medallist was also excited about the Indian Badminton League, starting from August 14-31.

"This is a great initiative by IBL to promote the sport. Everyone was playing well today. It's good to see interest growing in badminton, even in school there is improvement. We wanted these things to happen. I can see sporting facilities here, these things should happen in all school across India," said Saina, who gave lessons to the badminton enthusiasts during a clinic organised at Genesis Global school here.

Saina felt IBL will give a good platform for senior and junior players to showcase their talent.

"Performance was always there but badminton needed that popularity. We now have IBL. This is what we wanted. Badminton needed that sort of support. It is a nice platform for both juniors and seniors, who don't get to play many international events. It will give good exposure. It will help them to play more international events with the money," she said.

"IBL is a good start. You may not have players in first edition but might get 20 in the second editions. Now that they will be getting training and coaching, so I feel we will have many players coming up.

"I played India Open and Commonwealth Games in Delhi and people came to watch. IBL will be like Sudirman Cup, a team event, and it would be more entertaining. People will be excited and surely watch," she added.

Asked about the importance of big names in IBL franchises, Saina said: "Big names are important. People in India may not know who is Li Xuerui and Wang Yihan. If they play here, may be they will be popular in India. It happened in cricket as in IPL many players played and became popular in India, but in India not many people know badminton players."

Talking about China showing lack of interest in the IBL, Saina said: "Chinese need to be more open. It is such a big league. The prize money is double the amount one gets in super series. Of course, China also have some domestic tournaments but they need to be open. If Lin Dan or Yihan Wang come and play here, badminton will only become more popular.

"Now, that they know that India too have a league, they should come. I hope they come. But there are other players from Chinese Taipei, Thailand, etc who are coming."

The Commonwealth Games Champion stressed on the importance of having more academies and better facilities in India.

"We have one academy and one coach at that level. The infrastructure is important. We have the stadia but don't have coaches, players. In the academy we have 2-3 physios but not anywhere else. Things are changing now and kids want to become athletes. Though everyone wants to become cricketers, other sports are also being keenly followed," she said.

"In Asian countries every city has got hundreds of academies and thousands players play in cities. Every coach is either an Olympic champion or World champion. Yes, we are behind but the process has started. If such improvement happens in India then we will have more players and medals in badminton. There is a gap but like I showed it is possible, new players will also prove that in times to come."

Talking about the emerging talents of India, Saina said: "A lot of players are performing very good. It shows that they have got believe and confidence to play at the highest level. K Srikanth won in Thailand, Sindhu won in Malaysia. There are also five or six more players who are talented."

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saina Nehwal launches Shuttle Express in Delhi NCR

http://www.sportskeeda.com/2013/07/1...-in-delhi-ncr/

EXCERPTS:

BadmintonIndian Badminton League

Jul 12 2013 News

Saina Nehwal launches Shuttle Express in Delhi NCR

Mumbai, July 12, 2013:
    India’s Olympic medalist and IBL Icon Player Saina Nehwal launched the Indian Badminton League’s School Programme initiative – ‘Shuttle Express’ here today at the Genesis Global School, Noida.

The IBL is an initiative of the Badminton Association of India with Sporty Solutionz as the Commercial Partner. Genesis Global School is the IBL School Partner for the Delhi NCR leg and the school championship in the city is being held under the aegis of the Delhi Capital Badminton Association on July 13-14. An unprecedented number of students from 35 schools in the Delhi NCR will be vying for the titles in both the boys and girls singles categories in the city leg. The city winners will play the All-India Finals during the forthcoming IBL in August.

Speaking during the briefing, Olympic medalist and ‘Indian Shuttle Queen’ Saina Nehwal, said, “This is a great initiative by IBL to promote the game amongst youngsters and take the sport to the next level. Badminton is one of the most loved sports today and it’s important that children get the opportunity and platform to excel.”

Speaking on the occasion, Mr. Ashish Chadha, CEO, Sporty Solutionz, said, “The reason behind launching the Shuttle Express is to boost the young talent at grass root level. The overwhelming response from the schools and children gives us the confidence that Shuttle Express will give India its next champion shuttler. We take this opportunity to thank our IBL School Partner for Delhi leg Genesis Global School for their support for this initiative”.

Speaking on Shuttle Express, Badminton Association of India President & MP, Dr. Akhilesh Das Gupta, said, “It gives us immense joy and pride to introduce the IBL School Programme initiative – Shuttle Express, to lakhs of students across the country. We hope the effort taken by our badminton icons and stars to visit schools in six cities will inspire many youngsters to take up the sport.”

Speaking on Shuttle Express Mr. Gurbir Singh, Director – Sports & Estate, Genesis Global School said, “We are thrilled to be associated with this sports initiative by BAI and Sporty Solutionz. Genesis Global School has always promoted sports amongst its students and we are immensely proud to host the launch of the Shuttle Express in our campus with Saina Nehwal, and hope her presence will fire the imagination of our students and inspire them to achieve glory and excellence.”

With the launch in Delhi today, the Shuttle Express is all set to roll in Mumbai on July 15, followed by Hyderabad on July 16, Pune fromJuly 17, Lucknow on July 19 and finally in Bangalore. Each city will witness matches being played over two days and the National finals will be held in Mumbai which will be beamed LIVE on TV from August 28-31, 2013, as part of theIBL. The Shuttle Express will offer an incentive of Rs 10 lakh in prize money to the National winners in both the boys and girls singles events. The finalists in both the categories will also be given an opportunity to train at the world-class Pullela Gopichand Academy.

Shuttle Express is being held in partnership with six schools in the six franchise cities as “IBL School Partners” – Genesis Global School, Expressway (Delhi NCR), Indus World School (Hyderabad), La Martiniere Boys (Lucknow), Jamnabai Narsee, Vile Parle (Mumbai), Symbiosis Primary & Secondary School (Pune) and Jain International School (Bangalore). Badminton icons like Olympic medalist Saina Nehwal, former All-England champion Pullela Gopichand, CWG doubles gold medalist Jwala Gutta and Ashwini Ponnappa, India Grand Prix winner Parupalli Kashyap and Malaysian Grand Prix champion PV Sindhu will visit schools to encourage the participants in all 6 cities.

The path-breaking IBL will be held in six cities from August 14-31. The richest badminton league in the world will feature almost all the top-50 players in the world and will be played under the Sudirman Cup format and televised LIVE to more than 100 countries.

Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast