User Tag List

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saina Nehwal to hold court at Express Adda today

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/sa...today/1091688/

EXCERPTS:

Saina Nehwal, armed with a powerful smash and a fearless attitude that was like a blast of fresh air, arrived on India's sporting scene when she won her first major title in 2006. Seven years on and still going strong — with an Olympic bronze medal from London to boot - ...

On Friday, a select audience in the capital will interact with Nehwal at the latest edition of Express Adda at the Olive Beach. Like a previous guest from the sports field, Virat Kohli, Nehwal can be counted as among the most important voices in her field, someone who's proven that hard work and determination can carry an Indian to the threshold of greatness in her game, eschewing all the impetuousness of youth to focus on her target of becoming No 1.

Ever consistent and known for her mental fortitude — rare qualities in India where several talented sportspersons end up as under-achievers — Nehwal has also balanced fame with humility despite being India's richest non-cricket sports figure, with her Rs 40 crore deal last year.

Nehwal will be in conversation with The Indian Express Editor-in-Chief Shekhar Gupta.

A select audience drawn from the capital's very best is set for a unique, stimulating conversation with the successful youngster.

A True champion has no boundaries. She has been moving around all over india for promotional activities and impinging self confidence in the hearts of millions & millions of young girls . That's what the Champion is for .... I Salute her..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name:  Saina Nehwal - 52.jpg
Views: 1756
Size:  103.7 KB

someone,please tell me what happend to her leg!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I recalled she had a treadmill incident sometime back but I am not sure/

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rogerv2 View Post
    I recalled she had a treadmill incident sometime back but I am not sure/
    That was a long time ago; more than a year back if I recall. And yes, it does appear the photo is an old one - she's wearing the Deccan Chronicle shirt in that pic, but recently is wearing one with the "Sahara" sponsor's logo. I believe that injury happened in the spring of 2011.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And she aint looking that plump

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She looks to have slow down after Olympic

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Though it seems like she has slowed down, actually speaking, she is not..
    After Olympics,

1) Denmark Open - winner
    2) French Open - Runner up
    3) Superseries finals - semifinals
    4) Malaysia open - semifinals
    5) Korea Open - quarterfinals
    6) All England - Semifinals
    7) Swiss Open - semifinals

1 title, 1 runner up, 4 semifinals and 1 quarters.. A decent performance by saina. But its not enough. I wish her to get many titles in the future.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some of the cute pictures of Saina.

Name:  saina_nehval_stills_1.jpg
Views: 773
Size:  42.3 KB
    Name:  saina_nehval_stills_2.jpg
Views: 542
Size:  34.7 KB
    Name:  saina_nehval_stills_3.jpg
Views: 553
Size:  43.1 KB

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some more pics of her..

Name:  taapsee-saina-nehwal-gopichand.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  61.1 KB
    Name:  saina-nehwal-6.jpg
Views: 488
Size:  40.3 KB
    Name:  sainaexcercise.JPG
Views: 644
Size:  35.1 KB
    Name:  saina-nehwal-badminton-player-wallpaper.jpg
Views: 1087
Size:  95.8 KB

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    That was a long time ago; more than a year back if I recall. And yes, it does appear the photo is an old one - she's wearing the Deccan Chronicle shirt in that pic, but recently is wearing one with the "Sahara" sponsor's logo. I believe that injury happened in the spring of 2011.
    oh... and now? have been recover yet?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hope saina can play better again

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by azrenth View Post
    oh... and now? have been recover yet?
    Whats there to laugh ??? .. Despite her injury, she has been able to reach semifinals in all her recent tournaments.

Shixian(your lover) has won a title at last, this time by beating saina (after 3 years) in Swiss open GPG . I appreciate that. That does not mean there is a need to laugh at saina's injuries .

Saina is a great fighter. Whole world turned their heads towards Saina when she won her first superseries title in Indonesia in 2009 by beating Wang Lin and since then there is no turn back, she has earned many titles (many superserier premier titles and superseries titles including GPG titles). Unlike many top ranked players who disappeared after 1 year, she has been in top 5 continuously for many years .. This itself proves her dedication towards the sport and fighting spirit to the game.

No need to praise her for her achievements , atleast people should not laugh at her injuries ...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

azrenth boy is not one guy who would laugh at anybody's injury. He showed concern by posting that 'injured Saina' photo and cliicked 'like' for her other pretty photos and finally 'hope Saina can play better again'.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Yes, she did had that treadmill accident in 2011 before thailand open. However, she managed to reach QF,(beaten by then upcoming LXR), and a week later reached the finals of Indonesia open( beaten by WYH).

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shah Rukh Khan treated me like a little girl: Saina Nehwal

http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/181798...l-saina-nehwal

EXCERPTS:

Saina Nehwal prefers to sleep when she is not slugging it out on court. She also enjoys watching Hindi movies, especially on tours. She could not hide her joy when she shared the stage at a promotional event in New Delhi recently with one of her favourite actors, Shah Rukh Khan. Ranbir Kapoor is her other ‘weakness’.

“He (Khan) was very nice to me. He treated me like a little girl. I am lost for words. Hats off to him and his behaviour,” the World No 2 tells DNA in an exclusive chat.

SRK’s hit flick Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge is her all-time favourite. “I like DDLJ very much. I also watched Jolly LLB recently. I watch one or two movies in a month, mostly Hindi,” Nehwal says, adding she doesn’t watch a movie more than once.

Being a popular sportsperson and a role model for youngsters, particularly girls, Nehwal can’t really go out for a movie or walk into a mall. But she doesn’t mind it. “My aim is to be the best in my game. All other things are secondary in my life,” Nehwal says.

The ace shuttler has been nominated for the BWF Female Player of the Year award. “It is really a great honour. I think it is a recognition of my hard work,” she says. The verdict will be out on May 18, at a function in Kuala Lumpur.

Nehwal’s nomination comes on the backdrop of a fantastic 12 months, the pinnacle being the Olympic bronze medal. But for her, the success in London is now a thing of the past. “For me, every event is equally good. I won the Denmark Super Series Premier (October 2012) after the Olympics. I have been doing well all along. The Olympic medal is now history,” she says.

At last month’s All England Championships, Nehwal had a golden opportunity to win the singles title, especially after China’s Li Xuerui (World No 1) and Wang Yihan (No 3) lost in the opening round. However, she lost to Thai teenager Intanon Ratchanok in the semifinal.

Saina has taken it in her stride. “Ratchanok is an extremely good player, so she defeated me. It was not because I played (Wang) Shixian the previous night. Badminton is my life. We play one match a day. One day, I play better than her. That day, she played better than me,” she says.

“Results depend on how you play on a given day. For example, Yihan won the German Open but lost in the first round of All England the next week. It all boils down to stamina, practice and that particular day. I don’t regret my losses. I always look ahead and seek to do better. It works like this: Sometimes, I defeat players, other times they defeat me. It is all part of badminton and sport.”

Asked if she needed to be mentally stronger in crunch situations, Nehwal said she did not lack in that aspect. “I am very strong mentally. Sometimes I get defeated. It happens in the game. I don’t compromise on hard work and practice.”.

Nehwal will get the top billing in this month’s India Open Super Series event in New Delhi (April 23-28). “I will give it my best shot, like I always do. Let us see what happens on that particular day,” she says. True!

Saina.. You are the inspiration to thousands and thousands of youngsters in india. Your hardwork and dedication are really admired by many young girls who will turn the table of badminton in india very soon. That day is not far away.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saina with Sania Mirza and Former Miss world Diana Hayden (IPL- 6)

Name:  sainasaniahayden.jpg
Views: 408
Size:  89.9 KB

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast