User Tag List

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are ways to get SN standing up. The best way is hiring best ex-Chinese coaches and ex-Chinese players for sparring purpose. If that is not possible, Susi Susanti badminton school in INA will certainly help her game.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone here can tell me where and whats link that include this photo?? Name:  B_Id_410309_saina-players.jpg
Views: 466
Size:  34.2 KB

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saina launches Yonex Nanoray badminton racquet

http://zeenews.india.com/sports/othe...et_787714.html

Excerpts:

India`s leading badminton player Saina Nehwal launched the latest Nanoray 900 badminton racquet from Japanese sports equipment brand Yonex here in the national capital.

"It gives me immense pleasure to be here today as Yonex achieves another milestone with this store and some very impressive new products now available in India. The brand has always been synonymous with badminton since its inception, and has played a critical role behind the success of many budding badminton players including me," said Saina.

The racquet specially designed and made in Japan boasts of a super slim long shaft resulting in higher repulsion power and faster delivery of drop cut smashes. The product is available for Rs.20,450.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Saina looks fitter.

Here is Saina playing doubles

http://www.aiyuke.com/video_play/4778.html

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saina's form peaked at the right time, as she played a crucial role to take India to the SF,

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Deepika Padukone to play Saina Nehwal onscreen?

Name:  a46da0bcbfd6a366da3d962612a07f5b_large.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  34.6 KB
    While there have been reports that a biopic on Saina Nehwal is in the pipeline by none other than veteran filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt, Saina is keen to have Deepika Padukone roped in for the same.

At an event that the Olympic Bronze winner attended earlier this week in the city, she said, "I think only Deepika Padukone can do justice to my onscreen image. Firstly, people should be able to connect with the character and given Deepika's popularity, she would be perfect for the role."

Apart from being one of the top actresses in the industry, Saina feels that Deepika is the only actor who can pull off a badminton player's role well. "She knows badminton quite well. Apart from the strokes and bends, she is aware of all the actions in the game. And since it will be a film based on a sportsperson's life, it wouldn't be right to go with flaws in strokes and patterns. I have seen her play, and she is really good at it," Saina added.
    Speaking on the confirmation of the film being made, Saina said, "There have been media reports about the film and only Mahesh sir can take the final call on it. But Deepika would be the best choice for it," she gushed. When we followed it up with Mahesh Bhatt, he confirmed saying, "There is a very honest intention to contract a meaningful document which captures the essence and resilience of Saina's life. However, the project is in its nascent stage now. It has to be given a green light and be commissioned. Once it is done, I am sure it will come out very well."

While Saina is keen on her biopic, she feels she isn't ready to face the camera as yet. "I want people to know me for the sport and my game, and for nothing else. Also, it's very important to remain focussed as once you lose focus you can't perform well anymore. So it is a conscious effort on my part to avoid the limelight. If the film happens, it will only show my struggle to achieve what I have," she added.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder who'd play jealous Jwala!

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Now where is the 'like' when you need it!

Deepika Padukone would be an excellent choice...... Look forward to it.

Jwala can play herself - can anybody do it better?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow... please anyone,if the film have been released,please tell me i will download it >.<

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Time's certainly running out for Saina. The once "future prospective World No. 1" is now a foregone threat. She's come to a point where she desperately needs a 1st set win to grow in confidence and win the match which is deeply disheartening. She's just played against the Olympic Champion and IMHO looked unimpressive. The scoreline does suggest it was a close affair but I wouldn't give any credibility to Saina for posing a tough challenge but rather blame Li Xuerui of being passive and nervous throughout the match. In the Australian SS as well, I can foresee Saina losing out in the first round itself With the Commonwealth, World Championships, & Asian Games around Saina in no way is peaking the way she did in 2010. She's allowed herself to carry on on the circuit for over a year now with that lumbering movement & declining agility on court. At this juncture, even Jing Yi Tee or Kirsty could very well create an upset win against Saina at the Commonwealth. But, there is hope. Saina's got nearly a month between the Australia SS and CWG and then another in the lead up to the World Championships. Hopefully, she'll optimally use this time and the next couple months to better herself and turn around and return to her true old winning form before the next Olympics.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hope she will rise to top 3 again..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by azrenth View Post
    hope she will rise to top 3 again..
    I've been hoping as well but it's been a year and no significant changes yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hope she plays better than focusing more on Ads and endorsing events...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sharathcv View Post
    Hope she plays better than focusing more on Ads and endorsing events...
    Erm Most other players work in advertisements and endorse brands, but how does that affect one's performance. That she'd allow herself to get this fat and move slow and lumber around court is disappointing.
    Last edited by Mr. Epic; 06-22-2014 at 09:56 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dont think so... in IBL she show her power.. in India open... Uber cup.. and reach QF for Indonesia Open.. just more strunggle to point..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel Saina is playing decent recently, especially after shedding some weight. With her current form, I dont see Eriko Hirose beating her tomorrow. I wouldn't have said this confidently 2-3 mons back.

Only players who could defeat Saina (on her current form) are - LXR, Yihan Wang, Wang Sixian, Li Han (probably), Ji Hyun Sung (probably).

I know I havent named few upcoming players, but as i said, Saina is playing good. Akane Yamaguchi Vs Saina should be an interesting match - whenever it happens!

This is my personal perception after watching her in Uber cup, though my assumption could be wrong.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paroxysmal View Post
    I feel Saina is playing decent recently, especially after shedding some weight. With her current form, I dont see Eriko Hirose beating her tomorrow. I wouldn't have said this confidently 2-3 mons back.

Only players who could defeat Saina (on her current form) are - LXR, Yihan Wang, Wang Sixian, Li Han (probably), Ji Hyun Sung (probably).

I know I havent named few upcoming players, but as i said, Saina is playing good. Akane Yamaguchi Vs Saina should be an interesting match - whenever it happens!

This is my personal perception after watching her in Uber cup, though my assumption could be wrong.
    She does have a great chance of beating Eriko tomorrow and avenging her R1 exit at the Singapore SS. Gotta be honest, today's close match against Thulasi made me lose a bit of hope. Perhaps, Saina didn't play to her full potential or maybe Thulasi wasn't as bad as pre-conceived by me.

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast