User Tag List

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
Results 69 to 85 of 474
  1. #69
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Universe
    Posts
    38
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tsae75 View Post
    The Indians (or Indian media) are so desparate for a hero, it's sad and laughable at the same time.
    Don't be so harsh.
    In my opinion, don't trust the media, most of them are not reliable. That's what happening in my country! It happens everywhere! Sad but it's the reality..

  2. #70
    Regular Member Ashaan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kalari Gurukulam
    Posts
    265
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Here in BC, we love the game BADMINTON, consider it as a wonderful sport, and understand it's beauty.....

    But that's not the case with most of the people.
    For example, Badminton is still considered as a backyard/girly sport, where the players are supposed to HIT the shuttles from opposite side, so that the rally continue... The purpose of the game is understood as "CONTINUING" the rally.. (not actually winning it)

    And I've seen in one of the movie posters, that one of the actor (really dont' remember, which language) playing BADMINTON, on a TENNIS COURT... (the tennis-net was used there)
    [For your record, there are different languages in INDIA, each having it's own scripting, and itself very unique from others. So different movie industries, for each of the local languages.]

    That's the picture of Badminton, here in INDIA.. And as a Badminton-Lover, I appreciate anything that popularize the sport...

    Most of the time, we never find any mention about any Badminton Tournament, in any of the media..

    It's very much necessary, to have a HERO for Badminton, in India.. And SN is the best candidate for the same at this time.

    Unless there is a local hero/player, you can never popularize the sport ... So I do think it's a positive sign, when some media trying to make SN as an ambassador of Badminton in INDIA.

    Quote Originally Posted by tsae75 View Post
    The Indians (or Indian media) are so desparate for a hero, it's sad and laughable at the same time.
    Not sure, what makes people so offended (SAD?) with it...

    We should not overlook the sports for the players. But the players are indeed an integral part of the sport.

    It's the beauty of the sport, that needs to be appreciated more than the player. (not saying that player to be ignored.)

    An avid badminton lover.

  3. #71
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    KL, Malaysia
    Posts
    585
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashaan View Post
    Here in BC, we love the game BADMINTON, consider it as a wonderful sport, and understand it's beauty.....

    But that's not the case with most of the people.
    For example, Badminton is still considered as a backyard/girly sport, where the players are supposed to HIT the shuttles from opposite side, so that the rally continue... The purpose of the game is understood as "CONTINUING" the rally.. (not actually winning it)

    And I've seen in one of the movie posters, that one of the actor (really dont' remember, which language) playing BADMINTON, on a TENNIS COURT... (the tennis-net was used there)
    [For your record, there are different languages in INDIA, each having it's own scripting, and itself very unique from others. So different movie industries, for each of the local languages.]

    That's the picture of Badminton, here in INDIA.. And as a Badminton-Lover, I appreciate anything that popularize the sport...

    Most of the time, we never find any mention about any Badminton Tournament, in any of the media..

    It's very much necessary, to have a HERO for Badminton, in India.. And SN is the best candidate for the same at this time.

    Unless there is a local hero/player, you can never popularize the sport ... So I do think it's a positive sign, when some media trying to make SN as an ambassador of Badminton in INDIA.



    Not sure, what makes people so offended (SAD?) with it...

    We should not overlook the sports for the players. But the players are indeed an integral part of the sport.

    It's the beauty of the sport, that needs to be appreciated more than the player. (not saying that player to be ignored.)

    An avid badminton lover.
    Good post, written with facts and maturity.

  4. #72
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    5,557
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tsae75 View Post
    The Indians (or Indian media) are so desparate for a hero, it's sad and laughable at the same time.
    We are very good in what we are doing and improvement in badminton tremendous. Not to mention your country. Not even a single badminton player from Singapore able to be mentioned???

  5. #73
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Outside the box
    Posts
    14,282
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scorpion1 View Post
    We are very good in what we are doing and improvement in badminton tremendous. Not to mention your country. Not even a single badminton player from Singapore able to be mentioned???
    Off topic: how did you work out his nationality?

  6. #74
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    143
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashaan View Post
    Here in BC, we love the game BADMINTON, consider it as a wonderful sport, and understand it's beauty.....

    But that's not the case with most of the people.
    For example, Badminton is still considered as a backyard/girly sport, where the players are supposed to HIT the shuttles from opposite side, so that the rally continue... The purpose of the game is understood as "CONTINUING" the rally.. (not actually winning it)

    And I've seen in one of the movie posters, that one of the actor (really dont' remember, which language) playing BADMINTON, on a TENNIS COURT... (the tennis-net was used there)
    [For your record, there are different languages in INDIA, each having it's own scripting, and itself very unique from others. So different movie industries, for each of the local languages.]

    That's the picture of Badminton, here in INDIA.. And as a Badminton-Lover, I appreciate anything that popularize the sport...

    Most of the time, we never find any mention about any Badminton Tournament, in any of the media..

    It's very much necessary, to have a HERO for Badminton, in India.. And SN is the best candidate for the same at this time.

    Unless there is a local hero/player, you can never popularize the sport ... So I do think it's a positive sign, when some media trying to make SN as an ambassador of Badminton in INDIA.



    Not sure, what makes people so offended (SAD?) with it...

    We should not overlook the sports for the players. But the players are indeed an integral part of the sport.

    It's the beauty of the sport, that needs to be appreciated more than the player. (not saying that player to be ignored.)

    An avid badminton lover.
    absolutely.. .i second what you have written my friend, i often see here in BC that people start arguing over silly things and always criticize players they don't like and say that their favourite players are the best.. .grow up fellaz, badminton is such a wonderful sport with enormous talented players all over the world, try to love the sport and appreciate whoever plays well no matter which country is he/she from.

  7. #75
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    143
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tsae75 View Post
    The Indians (or Indian media) are so desparate for a hero, it's sad and laughable at the same time.
    Indians are not desperate they are very affectionate for people they love, they lend their full support to their heros, appreciate and celebrate their achievements and efforts. our culture and tradition teaches us to love and give respect to each and every religion no matter what, we "INDIANS" don't believe in regionalism. We don't hurt others sentiments. And yes we are very hardworking.
    What is sad is that some people don't have the brains to understand that.

  8. #76
    Regular Member Loh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore Also Can
    Posts
    12,726
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheung View Post
    Off topic: how did you work out his nationality?
    Implied from his location "Singapore" I guess.

  9. #77
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    KL, Malaysia
    Posts
    585
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scorpion1 View Post
    We are very good in what we are doing and improvement in badminton tremendous. Not to mention your country. Not even a single badminton player from Singapore able to be mentioned???
    Why does most of your posts have to resort to some kind of insults or attacks?
    Learn to ignore the posts by the not so enlightened ones.
    You can start by seeing how Ashaan handled it.

    You do realise that most of the questionable posts about India and its players are directed at you in response to what you have posted/previously posted. You should ask yourself why this is the case.

  10. #78
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    783
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rogerv2 View Post
    Why does most of your posts have to resort to some kind of insults or attacks?
    Learn to ignore the posts by the not so enlightened ones.
    You can start by seeing how Ashaan handled it.

    You do realise that most of the questionable posts about India and its players are directed at you in response to what you have posted/previously posted. You should ask yourself why this is the case.
    Everyone has a persona and a certain way to respond & not everybody can behave the way we would like them to... everybody grows with time too, in IMHO we shouldnt be making a generic opinion just from one example and to me 'he' has been fun yeah at times his reactions the way those are worded are not required(but so has been the posts on which he reacts, like that). I see him reacting more often. I would say he is poked at to get such reactions and we all know how is he going to react beforehand.

  11. #79
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    KL, Malaysia
    Posts
    585
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gopalprasad View Post
    Everyone has a persona and a certain way to respond & not everybody can behave the way we would like them to... everybody grows with time too, in IMHO we shouldnt be making a generic opinion just from one example and to me 'he' has been fun yeah at times his reactions the way those are worded are not required(but so has been the posts on which he reacts, like that). I see him reacting more often. I would say he is poked at to get such reactions and we all know how is he going to react beforehand.
    Yeah ... he is a great Indian fanboy and this irritates the hell out of supporters of the other camp to the extend they are purposely baiting him to react. A bit of self restrain on his part is all that is needed. And BTW his promotional materials is fine with me.

  12. #80
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    127
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    No need to give an epilogue on India, I am sure there is enough nationalistic pride at stake for one to defend his/her favourite player and country no matter what.

    As far as badminton goes, I always find the reports on outlets such as Times of India, etc. laughable with their Saina-centric reporting, and the comments in the readers’ opinion section even funnier because the readers actually believe everything they read.

    At the same time, it is also quite ‘sad’ because it betrays the Indian psyche which points to one that is constantly craving for world recognition and attention (which ironically, is currently being reserved for China at the moment who only a generation or two ago was in total isolation and was poorer than India but whistled past like a train), and alluding to themselves that they will one day overtake everyone, especially the Chinese, by 2158 or something; being an ancient power themselves.


    Take for example this badminton report and its nuances back in Oct 2012;

    “HYDERABAD: At last, Saina Nehwal has breached what was the final frontier for her. She brought down the final brick in the Chinese Wall, world No.1 Wang Yihan, who remained the only Chinese player till now not to have fallen to the Indian.

    The Olympic silver medalist limped off the court when faced with a certain defeat, allowing the Indian ace to advance with a 21-12, 12-7 victory in the semifinals of the Yonex Denmark Open Super Series Premier on Saturday.

    Saina, who is also battling a right knee injury, began with a 0-5 deficit but recovered quickly enough to run through the top Chinese to make the hitherto lopsided head-to-head record look a little better at 1-6. The rivalry that began in May 2010 grew bitter with each tournament as the Indian failed to get past her even once.

    Waving her finger ferociously after firing a body smash, countering a crosscourt half smash with a deft drop and dismissing a high toss with a powerful drive, Saina looked robust throughout the match.

    Though the retirement of her famed opponent might have taken the fizz out of her victory, Saina and her team will be buoyed by the fact that the 'Yihan puzzle' has been finally cracked.”

    The Indians are fighting an imaginary enemy or ghost here, patting themselves on their back and showering praise on their self-styled victory as if they have found a new messiah or a way to eradicate poverty & starvation or something. What “final frontier”? What “Chinese Wall”? Hilarious, isn’t it? Such passionate people indeed.

    Grow up.
    Last edited by tsae75; 03-19-2013 at 03:38 AM.

  13. #81
    Regular Member Ashaan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kalari Gurukulam
    Posts
    265
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rogerv2 View Post
    .......
    Learn to ignore the posts by the not so enlightened ones.
    .......

    Quote Originally Posted by tsae75 View Post
    ....
    Grow up.
    Indeed true..
    Last edited by Ashaan; 03-19-2013 at 03:46 AM. Reason: Quoted rogerv2's comment also, for clarity.. :)

  14. #82
    Regular Member Loh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore Also Can
    Posts
    12,726
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scorpion1 View Post
    We are very good in what we are doing and improvement in badminton tremendous. Not to mention your country. Not even a single badminton player from Singapore able to be mentioned???
    Because Singapore was sarcastically mentioned in the above that I felt inclinEd to respond. Otherwise such uncalled-for attitude may persist disregarding set rules for proper decorum in this forum.

  15. #83
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Outside the box
    Posts
    14,282
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loh View Post
    Because Singapore was sarcastically mentioned in the above that I felt inclinEd to respond. Otherwise such uncalled-for attitude may persist disregarding set rules for proper decorum in this forum.
    Just because it's singapore

    Actually, why bring singapore up in the first place. I notice Scorpion1 is choosing not to reply to my query.

    And as for "growing up", such comments show the person that you are. Post #81 of this thread is very apt and appropriate answer

  16. #84
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Outside the box
    Posts
    14,282
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    For this thread, we have had a diversion away. It's been dealt by some of our forum members in a very dignified fashion. Further postings on the diversion will be deleted and let's get back to the topic - i.e. Saina herself.

  17. #85
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    5,557
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Recent visit by saina to a temple . According to me, God will never let one down those who believes him and maintain a disciplined life by respecting elders especially Coaches (Teachers are equal to god. Their life time experiences are more than our age) .

    Just wanted to share the video link of Saina's temple visit( Kalashtri alias Kalahasthi).

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDhPjqeyqBI

    Enjoy watching...
    Last edited by scorpion1; 03-22-2013 at 12:19 AM.

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •