Pro's Pro TX-600A Electronic Stringing Machine

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by R20190, Jan 14, 2013.

1. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    Just wondering if anyone has this machine or know about it?

I am contemplating getting one of these to replace my 6-point manual crank machine as it's cheaper than getting a WISE. I'd like to know how durable and reliable the electronic tensioner is and whether there are any known problems?

I'm also a little concerned about the tension switch, I'm not sure if this will last long. Normally you'd expect a button of some sort that will last for years and years but a flick switch seems like something that is prone to failure?

Also, I know it has constant pull, but does it have a pre-tension/stretch function?

Any advice would be much appreciated! :)

2. Ashdelsol7

Ashdelsol7 Regular Member

Cad
    i did the same thing as you......couldnt afford the wise so ended up buying a pro's pro tx700.....the tensioner only constant pulls when the tension drops by about 1-2lb....i have since upgraded the electronic tensioner for a wise.....and believe me.....no comparison in accuracy or ease of use. I used money from stringing peoples rackets to afford the wise add on.....so not a complete loss. But you can find wise manchines already adapted onto machines for £600.....whereas i paid £400 for the pro's pro. I should have just saved the extra £200 from the start!

3. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    Thanks for the advice! Must admit I was a little skeptical but someone local to me is looking to sell a used TX600N which got me thinking. I'm not desperate to buy one as my crank machine still works well, but it would be nice to upgrade having used it for so long.

I think the only way I can afford a WISE is if there's a used one at a good price. Can't afford or justify £450+ for a WISE head at the moment.

So going back to the Pro's Pro, would you say it is consistent/reliable and accurate? You said that the constant pull only adjusts when it drops by 1-2lb, but I guess if you line up the racquet perfectly each time before tensioning, you could get around it and prevent any tension drop? Or you could always re-retension and work quickly?

I'm just trying to see if the TX600N is worth considering at all as an upgrade to my crank machine?

4. Ashdelsol7

Ashdelsol7 Regular Member

Cad
    dont get me wrong it performs perfectly fine. It will perform as well as a crank if not better, the only downside was once it reaches your desired tension it stops, and then you will get a bit of tension loss as the string creeps slightly. Yes you can overcome it by repulling/or slightly over tensioning to factor in the loss. The wise machine is constantly pulling.....even once it reaches the tension it keeps juddering as the string stretches slightly. The wise only has to lose 0.1 lb of tension before it pulls it tight whereas the pro's pro has to drop 1-2lb before it picks up the slack. I have kept hold of the electric head on mine incase i have a problem with the wise and i need a back up. The speed of stringing isnt really any quicker with the wise as opposed to the pro's pro but the accuracy is where you will see a slight difference. You can also set up a pre stretch on the wise so that it pulls 10% more and then releases back to the desired tension. Like i said i used the electric head and just saved all the money from stringing peoples rackets to afford to add on the wise at a later stage

5. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    I think you've convinced me that the Wise is the way to go. Thanks again! But I'll have to look out for a used one!

If anyone has a used Wise for sale please get in touch! :)