User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: arfaian.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by emjay View Post
    OK, three months on and I'm not such a happy customer any more. One of the flying clamps I bought has a problem where the spring moves out of position and the clamp doesn't have enough force to hold tension. Here's a video of the issue showing a working clamp first, followed by the faulty one:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z4oxn845ed...2013.16.33.mp4

You can clearly see the spring jumping when compressed.
    I have both the blue clamps and some Yonex ones, and use them all (i use 4 clamps on mains, two PPs at the top and two YY at the bottom). I actually quite like the extra length of the PP clamps as they're easier to engage and disengage, especially for the last top cross where you can't get you hand in so easily.

I wonder if yours has lost one of the pegs holding it all together? (there's one that goes in from each end) I have a second pair that i bought to modify* and they weren't easy to get that spring to come out (or go back in for that matter) from what i remember.

* my double clamp, to allow me to string correct yonex pattern up 11 and down 10:

Name:  c1.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  82.3 KB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw that on another thread and was planning to do it with my remaining PP clamps. The pins are still there, although one of the clamps (not sure if it's the same as the one with the faulty spring) had a loose pin that kept coming out. I put some tape round it and pushed it back in to fix it.

The spring on the faulty clamp just moves really easily and won't sit in place like the others. Sometimes I can get it to stay for a while but it's not reliable at all. Once it moves slightly it won't hold tension very well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For my first machine I brought yonex flying clamps and I was not really happen with them. One set had a rough edge between the teeth which was nicking the string which had to file down and on the other set one side opened fully but the other only opened a little. I’ve had no problems so far with my silver pros pro clamps after about a 100 rackets. Good idea on fixing the two clamps together I will try that. Tracking shows my machine is just leaving Austria.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just to update i recieved the machine very quickly around 5 days. Didnt have to pay taxes or custom charges as inside the EU. No complaints about arfaian although the machine is obviously not as good quality as one costing more but is as expected for the price.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2