arfaian.com

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Randomlegend, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Randomlegend

Randomlegend Regular Member

School
    Has anyone used them?

I came across them mentioned on here and since I am looking into getting a Pro's Pro machine I'm interested (I understand they are essentially their official website).

I'm in the UK and I'm wondering if anyone knows what sort of shipping costs I'll be looking at, since they don't give you any idea until the order is actually placed. I want to know how much the overall cost will be before I order so I can work out if it's worth ordering from them or if I'd be better just ordering from a UK based supplier like racquetdepot or W and D.

I've sent them an email as well, but no response as yet, so I thought I'd pick the brains here and see if anyone knew anything. :)

2. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

I'm looking at my old order and I got charged 28 euros (excluding a 20% charge, which might be tax) for 2 parcels. 1 parcel was the dropweight machine and the other one was smaller parcel for the extra bits I've ordered.

3. Randomlegend

School
    Great, thanks for the info.

If it's still a similar price, that would make it cheaper even to order the more expensive one with the stand (XP-Plus as opposed to the Pilot) although I imagine the postage for that might be a bit more.

I'll be looking to order from them then I think :)

4. Randomlegend

School
    Bizarrely they emailed me back literally exactly as you posted that :D

18 euros for the Pilot or 34.80 for the XP-Plus. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

5. Randomlegend

School
    Ordered the XP Plus this morning!

Got to wait until tomorrow for the order to be processed and them to send me a confirmation email so I can pay.

Can't wait :)

6. Randomlegend

School
    Just for future reference in case anyone else is searching for information about them, arfaian were absolutely excellent.

As said, they weren't always the absolute fastest responding (although they were much quicker after the first time) and were very helpful.

Delivery was quick and everything was as described etc.

Would definitely recommend them. :)

7. emjay

emjay Regular Member

IT minion
    Just to add another happy customer, I ordered a Shuttle Express from them and shipping was just €14 to the UK. It arrived in just a few days along with some Pros Pro B-400 string to practise with (€12 for 100m) plus a string puller and an extra clamp. Definitely the cheapest that I could find.

8. emjay

emjay Regular Member

IT minion
    OK, three months on and I'm not such a happy customer any more. One of the flying clamps I bought has a problem where the spring moves out of position and the clamp doesn't have enough force to hold tension. Here's a video of the issue showing a working clamp first, followed by the faulty one:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z4oxn845edlbh48/2014-03-23 13.16.33.mp4

You can clearly see the spring jumping when compressed.

I contacted Arfaian about this and sent them the video - their reply was as follows:

Bearing in mind I've strung 20 rackets so far, and I actually have four clamps so I don't always use all of them. The clamps are kept in the original packaging in between string jobs so they are pretty much as new. I was amazed at their response, and would certainly avoid ordering from them in future in case of any problems.

9. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

Yeah I've pretty much replaced all my tools that I got with my machine from arfaian. A similar priced wire cutter from amazon was so much better. Sometimes it's best to pay extra for quality.

P.S Yonex clamps are quite cheap from wdstrings.

10. Effe01

Effe01 New Member

Arfain have new model flying clamp.Have somebody experience ? 894.gif

11. emjay

emjay Regular Member

IT minion
    I wouldn't trust their pictures, I was expecting those in my order and got the blue ones instead.

I've now bought a couple of the Yonex ones and the difference in quality is very apparent. I can now string and build up finger power at the same time with these :)

12. emjay

emjay Regular Member

IT minion
    Forgot to mention, the string cutters aren't great but can be improved by sharpening. I have a Spyderco Sharpmaker for knives and it worked great on the cutters.

13. Effe01

Effe01 New Member

I have also blue model arfain clamps and I do not have a good opinion for this but this new looks good.
    When send diferent model until picture in website,it is not good.

14. milton

milton Regular Member

Hi
    I ordered a stringing machine from arfaian.com on Friday. I selected to pay via paypal at the checkout however I am still waiting for any communication or invoice from them? How did the payment process work for you guys?
    Thanks

15. emjay

emjay Regular Member

IT minion
    I think they sent me another invoice to cover the extra postage fees. Just hope you don't have any issues with the machine!

16. milton

milton Regular Member

Thanks they have now sent me an invoice (took 2 working days). Hopefully my machine will be all good but I have got used to improvising for parts anyway as my current machine is about 40 years old!
    I have sent an email but will probably get a reply here quicker, roughly how long did delivery take? Once I receive the machine I will post a quick review but I will say their prices are the best.

17. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

Judging by the emails I sent between the tracking email and the complaint email I sent afterwards, it should be within 5-6 days.

In case you're wondering the complaint was about separating the 2 weights, which had a rusted bolt. Took it down to the garage, where it needed a clamp and a large wench to undo.

18. _Rav_

_Rav_ Regular Member

Gofer
    I have both the blue clamps and some Yonex ones, and use them all (i use 4 clamps on mains, two PPs at the top and two YY at the bottom). I actually quite like the extra length of the PP clamps as they're easier to engage and disengage, especially for the last top cross where you can't get you hand in so easily.

I wonder if yours has lost one of the pegs holding it all together? (there's one that goes in from each end) I have a second pair that i bought to modify* and they weren't easy to get that spring to come out (or go back in for that matter) from what i remember.

* my double clamp, to allow me to string correct yonex pattern up 11 and down 10:

c1.jpg

19. emjay

emjay Regular Member

IT minion
    I saw that on another thread and was planning to do it with my remaining PP clamps. The pins are still there, although one of the clamps (not sure if it's the same as the one with the faulty spring) had a loose pin that kept coming out. I put some tape round it and pushed it back in to fix it.

The spring on the faulty clamp just moves really easily and won't sit in place like the others. Sometimes I can get it to stay for a while but it's not reliable at all. Once it moves slightly it won't hold tension very well.

20. milton

milton Regular Member

For my first machine I brought yonex flying clamps and I was not really happen with them. One set had a rough edge between the teeth which was nicking the string which had to file down and on the other set one side opened fully but the other only opened a little. I’ve had no problems so far with my silver pros pro clamps after about a 100 rackets. Good idea on fixing the two clamps together I will try that. Tracking shows my machine is just leaving Austria.