User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You should speak directly with the stringer about the issue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheung View Post
    You should speak directly with the stringer about the issue.
    He was the one who told me what happened. He asked me how long do i have that racket (4 or 5 months got it in hk). Then he was like i will talk to the owner and see what he can do. Give you some deals or sth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There must have been pre-existing crack on the racket since the tension is quite low.
    The stringers here in KL will check everywhere to ensure there is no crack before starting stringing. If they detect anything (huge paint chips, hairline cracks etc), they will give a disclaimer before starting.

Even using strings at 0.63mm, if you want to string it at 26 they will say, it will snap and you string it at your own risk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rogerv2 View Post
    There must have been pre-existing crack on the racket since the tension is quite low.The stringers here in KL will check everywhere to ensure there is no crack before starting stringing. If they detect anything (huge paint chips, hairline cracks etc), they will give a disclaimer before starting.Even using strings at 0.63mm, if you want to string it at 26 they will say, it will snap and you string it at your own risk.
    There were some pain chips but as i know no cracks. They did check it when i gave it to them. They didnt say anything about it tho, another guys was working at that point. I would understand it if they did tell me i need to string it at my risk but they did not. And they did check it before they string any racket because they wont string it if there are cracks unless you still tell them to do it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by helenchc View Post
    There were some pain chips but as i know no cracks. They did check it when i gave it to them. They didnt say anything about it tho, another guys was working at that point. I would understand it if they did tell me i need to string it at my risk but they did not. And they did check it before they string any racket because they wont string it if there are cracks unless you still tell them to do it.
    Ok, you have a case to argue then.
    Personal experience, the Nanoray / Nanospeed are freaking fragile rackets.
    My Nanoray 500 cracked from such a minor clash when using 25lbs. My first and last.

In the MY national camp, I was told the Nano series is well known as the most fragile.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

He was the one who told me what happened. He asked me how long do i have that racket (4 or 5 months got it in hk). Then he was like i will talk to the owner and see what he can do. Give you some deals or sth.
    Then talk to the stringer again and ask what's the latest update on the situation.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then talk to the stringer again and ask what's the latest update on the situation.
    I agree. If you want a solution, you should follow up, and be polite. In the business world, the owner tends to "forget" things (intentionally or un-intentionally).

Personally, I think it's hard to say either party will take 100% of the fault, as the racket is used instead of brand new. I think the most likely solution will be they offer you a new / demoed racket with a decent discount. If you decide to purchase the racket elsewhere, then they should offer some discount for other future purchases or services (e.g. training fee, member fee, credits in proshop, etc)

However, I do not think they will offer a 100% refund for this loss.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man you totally got the point. Im a teenage girl! Turning 18 in a couple weeks.
    in that case, continue with the silent treatment. Don't forget to hold a grudge as well.
    Happy early birthday! Oddly enough, we might share the same birthday

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So they are now offering a discount off new rackets, no sure how much yet. And i got my racket back it got a huge crack at around 1clock area. I do hope that they will give me a good deal. My friend was the one who kinda tell or show the owner about my racket. I was showing her my racket and he walked by and she has a better relationship with him(not just business relationship). yeah and i know both nano series are freaking fragile racket. I think since they are really light weight. However i will prob still stick with them due to i dont really like the semi-isometric frame shape on arcsaber and votric is putting to much weight for my shoulders. I do have a stonger smash with nano than other girls with votric, lots of people told me i should change to votric or some head heavy racket cuz i have the power but my arm or shoulder hurts after using them for a couple hours.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So they are now offering a discount off new rackets, no sure how much yet. And i got my racket back it got a huge crack at around 1clock area. I do hope that they will give me a good deal. My friend was the one who kinda tell or show the owner about my racket. I was showing her my racket and he walked by and she has a better relationship with him(not just business relationship). yeah and i know both nano series are freaking fragile racket. I think since they are really light weight. However i will prob still stick with them due to i dont really like the semi-isometric frame shape on arcsaber and votric is putting to much weight for my shoulders. I do have a stonger smash with nano than other girls with votric, lots of people told me i should change to votric or some head heavy racket cuz i have the power but my arm or shoulder hurts after using them for a couple hours.
    maybe have your coach check your form. shouldn't be hurting that bad, maybe soreness but shouldn't be pain you're feeling.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gundamzaku View Post
    maybe have your coach check your form. shouldn't be hurting that bad, maybe soreness but shouldn't be pain you're feeling.
    she should focus on working out the racquet issue first rather than get distracted.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

she should focus on working out the racquet issue first rather than get distracted.
    oh yeah, cos the deal might go south and she'll have to get a new coach all together.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Well, I wouldn't want to have anything to do with such a person, coach or no coach. And I'd let everyone else around know exactly what the deal is, as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2