Results 18 to 19 of 19
Thread: Critique this lady in video
01-21-2013, 03:57 AM #18
You can't expect miracle from a year of amateur experience but from what I can see, injury will likely happen if she doesn't improve her footwork asap. Also, watch as many training videos as she can and THINK before she hits. Just take her time to learn instead of trying to win or impress. She is not professional after all so don't be too harsh on her.
01-21-2013, 12:44 PM #19
After watching the video, these are the things that are on my mind:
- Work on foot work (She's having some hard time reaching some shots, some of them are because she hesistates before moving costing her the point)
- Her clears (She doesn't always have to push so hard on the clears. When she does her clears it's taking too much time so reacting to a counter like a drop is really slow. I believe near the beginning of the video, the first few points she lost was because of her clears.)
- Her drops (They are quite high still, even if the catches them off the side or she does a regular drop, it's still way too high. She would get killed in most situations because of the high drops.)
- She has to place her shots (There was a shot around 3-4 minutes where she does this weird cross shot, which looked like a smash but not a full on. She has to work on placement, especially her drops since she usually drops infront of her instead of the sides.)
- Different shots (Majority of her shots are clears, which she is giving up to her opponent to attack her. She should stay on the offensive as much as possible unless she needs to recover energy and good at defense. I would say, learn different attacks instead of clears and smash. Drives could've been very useful in her position.)
This is in my point of view. There is probably more, but I probably didn't realize it or it isn't a big deal.
Foot work is the key to winning.