Successor to the Yonex Armortec 800 DE?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Sgt_Strider, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Sgt_Strider

Sgt_Strider Regular Member

I'm just wondering what is Yonex's successor to the 4U Armortec 800 DE? I'm looking for a racquet with a similar if not better performance.

2. vajrasattva

vajrasattva Regular Member

looks like there isnt an exact successor at the moment..
    especially for AT800 DE, AT800OF, AT900T... there is no new series replacement for it.. right now i still miss a little of the AT900T after having traded it out for something newer, these racquets are unique in their own ways.

if you want something just as stable and a bit more whippy and more aerodynamic than the AT800DE try the arcsaber i-slash. if you want something that feels the same in terms of swing, but with greater repulsion and good power transfer the ns9900 is a good choice..

3. Sgt_Strider

Does the Nano Speed 9900 even come in a 4U version?

How does the Nano Ray 800 compare to the AT800 DE? It seems like both racquets are in a similar class?

4. vajrasattva

i cant help you on the nr800 because i've not played one at great lengths to be able to give any constructive comments.. just a quick few hits with a friend's racquet and i thought i felt the ns9900 more repulsive and more powerful, although the nr800 feels more agile. i'm waiting for the nr900 before i make a purchase to have it directly compared to the 9900.

the ns9900 doesnt come in 4u, only 3U or 2U.

since you're looking for a new racquet, perhaps you can specify what "feel" or contribution you want your new racquet to help you achieve.. its difficult to advice/choose w/o knowing what you want to have improvements on.

5. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

AT900T, Voltric 70, BraveSword 09/12 ...

6. Sgt_Strider

I'm looking for a racquet with faster swing speed and possibly help me improve my defensive game. I'm a skinny guy so I don't smash as hard as some people, but I can probably smash harder than some people who are the same size as me.

7. vajrasattva

i'll wait for the nr900 if i were you to see whether that could be a good replacement for the ns9900, which i'll recommend based on its good agility and ease to manouvre. the extra stiffness of the ns9900 gives a very good smash

8. Sgt_Strider

I thought the Nano Ray 900 was still a rumour at this point in time. Has it been confirmed yet?

9. canotryss

canotryss New Member

manager
    good info, its difficult to advice/choose w/o knowing what you want to have improvements on.thank you[​IMG]