Anyone encouter this issue?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Alexch, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Alexch

Alexch Regular Member

Recently restring my racket with nanogy 98 2 23lbs, 24 @ cross. Fisrt day of play very nice, very bouncy, lob to baseline effortless, smashing also powerful, the feeling is just great, tell myself finally found a good stringer.

1 week later, used the racket again, very shock, smashing very dull, lob also difficult to reach base line.

Can anyone explain?

For the first day before game, i did hit the racket string on something to loosen up the string. My fren try the string, said that it is more than 25lbs, very hard, but tension is there.

2. dsmbooster

dsmbooster Regular Member

financial analyst
    ignore the part that your friend said, is true, n98 last about 1 month for me, and for the first week with the right tension, it's perfect, like what you 'd experienced, but later it became dull and dull, until 3rd or 4th week, either I break it or cut it, same thing with ultimax66 became dull in 2nd week and dead.

3. wlachan

wlachan Regular Member

You may be surprised how subjective our perception can be. The exact same thing being experienced on different days can feel quite differently. The same racket can be awesome today but totally suck tomorrow but great again days later. It's quite impossible to judge objectively based on our senses. If it doesn't work for you on a particular day, put it aside and try it again on another day. Try this many times before passing the final judgement. You may be surprised. Often when you "think" something should be good, it feels good, and vice versa.

4. alana07

alana07 Regular Member

+1 on this.....
    playing on a sunny hot day, rainy day, humid day, different times of the day, all had some effects on a racket's performance on the day itself. not to even mention if you're playing in a low ceiling school hall versus a high rooftop sports hall, these are factors to affect a racket's performance too.

5. Udonming

Udonming Regular Member

+2 on this, that's why I always carry 4 different rackets, don't forget one's physical condition is different everyday too.